Wane to Scottish RU.

I assume it is good money because that sounds dismal.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Sounds like less work for more money

Teaching RU players to pass and run good lines doesn't sound like easy work to me at all.

If he can do that successfully, he deserves every penny he can prise out of the tight buggers.

26 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Teaching RU players to pass and run good lines doesn't sound like easy work to me at all.

If he can do that successfully, he deserves every penny he can prise out of the tight buggers.

Haha, an impossible task.  They're taught from a very young age to shy away from gaps, to always run at a man and never, ever pass the ball unless it's to the kicker.

Please keep this as a RUGBY LEAGUE discussion on the implications of Wane moving away from rugby league.  If it attracts more vague comments on the skills of union then it'll get moved to the sin bin of the Cross Code forum.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Strange move, but it'll be interesting to see how Wane's bluntness goes down with the SRU bigwigs and media.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Strange move, but it'll be interesting to see how Wane's bluntness goes down with the SRU bigwigs and media.

Compared to Ian Blackford,  Wane is a paragon of politeness, a giant of gentleness,  a beginner at bluntness and a saint of subtlety. 

Wane leaving and the revamp of the team that looks like might happen could mean the end of the Maguire style rugby.

This must have been negotiated on for some time before Wane left, so he either felt that it was time to leave or he jumped before he was pushed. Wane did have them competing for trophies regularly so if he felt like it he had to jump it might have been that Lenagan wanted a coach who played a less structured style of rugby. 

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Strange move looking in from the outstanding , but he obviously likes a challenge in the same mould as did Hilary and Shackleton 

IMO I think this has been several issues all bundled together, ZH included, that’s made the opportunity more tempting.  

The increase in brass will be key, but whether a character like Shaun will thrive in a job where he isn’t at the heart of a Team is doubtful for me.  

Good luck to him.  He’s been a big part of bringing some bloody good kids into that 1st team for Wigan.

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Compared to Ian Blackford,  Wane is a paragon of politeness, a giant of gentleness,  a beginner at bluntness and a saint of subtlety. 

Possibly also a novice at nuance?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Didn't really see that one coming.

Why would you want to?

He probably saw the size of the Wigan offer to S Edwards and thought "I'll have some of that!"

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I just hope he comes back in time to bring some benefits. If he does a couple of Six Nations and a World Cup they are high intensity international competitions that dare I say it we struggle to match, and that experience will be valuable. Perhaps even for England... 

But stay away longer than that he'll be lost as a HC. 

2 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

I just hope he comes back in time to bring some benefits. If he does a couple of Six Nations and a World Cup they are high intensity international competitions that dare I say it we struggle to match, and that experience will be valuable. Perhaps even for England... 

But stay away longer than that he'll be lost as a HC. 

forget it. if he has left for the relatively minor role of 'high performance coach' he clearly has his eyes on progressing up the union ladder. He won't be rushing back.

Big loss for the sport. One of our best coaches IMO. 

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Archived