REACTION | Hedges targets more points

Dons News

Jordie Hedges says the Dons must put together a string of wins if they want to finish in the top four spot in Betfred League One.

The Bulls were 56-14 winners at Odsal Stadium on Sunday, and Hedges believes that Brandon Pickersgill’s try on the 39th minute of the game was the turning point of the game. 

“We need to go out and pretty much win every game from now on, we have Hemel next week and we could start by righting some wrongs in that game,” he said.

“It was a tough game no doubt about it, and we were in it until half-time, they score a try right on the hooter, but we still went into the dressing room quite confident.

“That try on the stroke of half-time changed the game for me though, it caught us off guard a bit, credit to them though, they are a very good side and they stopped us playing in the second-half.”

Brandan Wilkinson and Kieran Cross were ruled out with injuries early on in the week, and Hedges says the players must step-up and do a job.

“I was back at half-back, the tem have suffered a few injuries over the past couple of weeks and that has hurt us, but I was happy to get on the scoresheet as that was my first of the season,” he added.

“Kieran Cross and Brandan Wilkinson have been a big part of our side this season, and to lose them is massive, but now they’re gone, someone else will have to stand up and do a job.

“The team morale is a bit low at the moment, but we will stick together as we always do and we will improve on things in training, we need to start getting a few wins as we all want to finish inside those top four spots.”

View the full article

Archived