Sign in to follow this  
Broncos News

Meadows commits to 3 more years.

London Broncos are pleased to announce that young half-back, James Meadows has re-signed for the club on a deal that will keep him here, in the capital, until 2021.

Meadows, who only moved up from the Academy at the start of the 2018 season, has impressed enough to be offered a more permanent long-term 3 year deal with the club.

Meadows started his journey into rugby league through the Broncos Community club at Elmbridge Eagles in Surrey.

Meadows, being originally from Teddington, was looking to play the sport and found himself at the Surrey club before playing in the London Rugby League Foundation’s Origin game and then onto the Broncos Academy.

James told us, ” I am really happy to commit to such a great club. We have a great unit here and this is where I wanted to stay for the foreseeable future. I would like to thank all the coaches, especially Danny Ward and Jamie Langley, I have worked with here in helping me to get where I am now. Also a huge thanks to my family who have been there for me through the ups and downs. I am very excited as to what lies ahead here in London and hopefully, we can get back to the Superleague where this club belongs.”

Head Coach Danny Ward said, ” James has had a very good year and he is way ahead of where we could ever have imagined. He has certainly stood up well at first-team level and is a great lad to work with. That aside we must remember that he is only young and has plenty of room for improvement in his game.”

Chairman David Hughes said, ” We have watched James on his journey through the Academy system here in London and are delighted to see the progress he has made. He is a very talented young player who is yet another one coming from the conveyor belt here in the capital. We are very pleased to have secured his signature for the next three years and look forward to seeing the continuation of his rugby league progression.”

View the full article