Sign in to follow this  
Broncos News

Club Announcement – Matt Davis

Following much speculation in the rugby league press and media channels London Broncos can now announce that second row forward, Matt Davis, has signed for Warrington Wolves for next season on a two year deal.

Davis was offered a new contract to remain at London back at the start of January but decided that he wanted a new challenge and Warrington was his destination of choice.

Matt Davis said, ” I owe a lot to people like Danny Ward and Jamie Langley for helping to make me the player that I am now. I felt, though, that I needed a new challenge in my career and after talking to Warrington I felt that that was the right choice. I have spoken with the Warrington management team and I am excited about their vision for the club moving forward.”

” I still intend to play as hard as I ever have while still here in London and hope that we can get the club back to SuperLeague.”

Head Coach Danny Ward said, ” We are very disappointed to lose someone like Matt and we fought to keep him here with the offer we gave him. The club and I respect his decision, however, to move to pastures new and we wish him all the best for his future.”

Chairman David Hughes said, ” We are obviously disappointed to lose another player to a Super League club and are sorry to see Matt go having tried so hard to keep him here. The Academy is continuing to produce some very talented players and we are doing everything to keep as much of that talent, at London Broncos, as we can.”

Davis has made 58 first team appearances for London Broncos.

View the full article