Sign in to follow this  
NickWeaver

July 7th vs. Sheffield Eagles

Brilliant!  welcome to Canada Shefs...the more Yorkshire folk here the better!!

Don't think the Eagles are enjoying the accommodations. Where are they staying?

1 hour ago, ojx said:

That same guy happily sold lots of his training gear and playing shirts on eBay. I don’t have a lot of time for him.

4 hours ago, ojx said:

York University or George Brown college where the Wolfpack stay. 

Sheffield could always book their own accommodations but I am sure it is much easier to complain.  

Congratulations to TWP on winning the hardware and I hope the Eagles enjoyed their trip to Toronto even if the game didn't go their way. 

Now for TWP 3 dead games, but probably for at least one of their opponents  it will mean something it will mean something. How easy do they take it to be fair?

Also any sign of adding players for the 8s?

• Like 2

I was surprised by the crowd today. I though it would be way down, especially going up against Blue Jays and Argos games at the same time. This shows that there is a solid core support and plenty of potential to build futher.

• Like 2

Just curious, are Toronto coached to use the tackled players head to help regain their feet, or is it just a coincidence that it happened so often?

8 hours ago, ojx said:

I was surprised by the crowd today. I though it would be way down, especially going up against Blue Jays and Argos games at the same time. This shows that there is a solid core support and plenty of potential to build futher.

What was the crowd?

Just now, Bullish Giant Rhino said:

What was the crowd?

Didn't get the exact number, but over 6000.

it was 6329. They are continuing to get good crowds and it was a real party in the stands, beer garden and at 3B before and after. My only issue was that no one in my party of 12 could see the presentation as they had invited VIPs (so many??) onto the field and this meleetook place in front of the team - it's the main reason we sat where we did in the west stand. It dampened some of the enthusiasm   I wonder if the TV camera was also obstructed?

they need to get that sorted as season ticket holders are encouraged to sit in the west stand and there is your core fan base.

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

it was 6329. They are continuing to get good crowds and it was a real party in the stands, beer garden and at 3B before and after. My only issue was that no one in my party of 12 could see the presentation as they had invited VIPs (so many??) onto the field and this meleetook place in front of the team - it's the main reason we sat where we did in the west stand. It dampened some of the enthusiasm   I wonder if the TV camera was also obstructed?

they need to get that sorted as season ticket holders are encouraged to sit in the west stand and there is your core fan base.

The Argos only drew 12,000 at BMO yesterday. If TWP get to SL, they should be competing with them for crowd numbers in a couple of years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ojx said:

The Argos only drew 12,000 at BMO yesterday. If TWP get to SL, they should be competing with them for crowd numbers in a couple of years.

I think that scenario is quite possible as long as they concentrate on their loyal fan base especially season ticket holders who got shortchanged yesterday when the VIP "pitch invasion"  took place, it effectively blocked all of us from seeing Ashton hoist the shield. Last year I got a great shot of my wife holding the L1 trophy with FFMM who circulated the stadium. I don't think that happened at all yesterday? The last thing they should do is go in an elitist direction with fickle "platinum card" fans enjoying all the perks, keep it fan friendly and I'll be a season ticket holder for life. I told them after the first Lamport game I found the "east/west" stand differential to be a mistake but I don't know how everyone feels about it??

46 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I think that scenario is quite possible as long as they concentrate on their loyal fan base especially season ticket holders who got shortchanged yesterday when the VIP "pitch invasion"  took place, it effectively blocked all of us from seeing Ashton hoist the shield. Last year I got a great shot of my wife holding the L1 trophy with FFMM who circulated the stadium. I don't think that happened at all yesterday? The last thing they should do is go in an elitist direction with fickle "platinum card" fans enjoying all the perks, keep it fan friendly and I'll be a season ticket holder for life. I told them after the first Lamport game I found the "east/west" stand differential to be a mistake but I don't know how everyone feels about it??

Wasn't there this weekend so didn't see the VIP invasion problem, but that doesn't sound good. Who are these VIP's anyway??? If I was invited I wouldn't even go there, would stay in the beer garden and with the Section 35 folks, and say hi to the visiting fans, much more fun!

Last weekend I really understood the East/West thing though. First, people in the West stands are out in numbers, either there are a lot of season ticket holders or they sell tickets at the higher price, both positive. And they are sitting together, while us on the East stands we are more spread, not really a pack spirit.

Then the sun, we are really cooking on the east stands, it looked like they are more protected from the sun on the West side.

The only problem to fix is the "passport control" everytime you go back West from the beer garden. Should give them a colour pass to facilitate the flow.

Yep its a pain to have to show tickets when your mitts are full of beers, mojitos and/or food plus telling your family or friends who are new to the game they have to spring for another $5.00 to sit in the west stand is a bit awkward. My kids watch every penny!!I dunno I would have left it alone until they cover the west side and can substantiate charging more to get out of the sun or rain?? and on TV it looks like attendance is down....more grist for the Toronto haters in Blighty!  and like Manu266 I like mixing with visiting fans...part of the fun.

The legit VIP's were childrens wish foundation and I guess sponsors and such but it sure seemed like a lot of them

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

Ya it was a bit of a smozzle out there....I did enjoy the atmosphere in the west stand for the game though....it was good.