super league

lingard

had enough of it.  just watched wakefield get robbed by the ###### / runt in the middle yet agan.  that would be us week in week out if we did get there.  better off where we are.  absolute shiite.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

11 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Double whammy. Taped it for later and was trying to not see the score......

apologies.  WTF are doing videoing it need to up grade dude, they still us betamax in c@s.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

8 hours ago, Dave jones said:

Certainly were robbed 

How was it not an obstruction try when the ball was in the act of being touched down and was kicked out of Wakey players hand.Obstruction try and yellow card all day long.When you look at the one awarded in the Watersplash final it beggars belief.

1 hour ago, lingard said:

that runt child was born in Wakey too.  must of been picked on for being a runt.

It saddens me that people have to resort to such abuse about refs and their performances. This 'runt' is a person, and like all of us will make mistakes or see things differently to others. If you disagree with anyone's opinion why resort to such vile language? Agree to disagree and move on. On the subject of the ref maybe you should take it up yourself and see how you fair? Just a thought.

Its a pity video refs can't intervene when a glaringly wrong decision has been made without it going upstairs. But perhaps the match might last a couple of hours. Wakefield were robbed by something that everyone bar the ref saw but unfortunately all clubs suffer from weird decisions as we all know too well. Think refs must be on edge before they step out for super league games when they are being scrutinised by about six commentators as well as an ex ref.

42 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

It saddens me that people have to resort to such abuse about refs and their performances. This 'runt' is a person, and like all of us will make mistakes or see things differently to others. If you disagree with anyone's opinion why resort to such vile language? Agree to disagree and move on. On the subject of the ref maybe you should take it up yourself and see how you fair? Just a thought.

No there is no need for vile comments but refs are getting worse all the time albeit a terrible job to do. Put simply why are all the bad decisions being made several times in most matches especially with all the technology we have. The first thing to do is get linespersons involved more was gonna say linesmen but god forbid if you opt for a masculine word nowadays.

I have always believed refs decide who win most matches simply by either not seeing what has happened or not making the right decisions at vital moments just like last nights Saints match when Ben Barba quite clearly deliberately fouled a wakey player in the act of scoring a certain try. What a purely deplorable decision of not awarding a penaly try and not sending Barba to the bin there is one thing I’m pretty sure about if it had been Hock he would be sent off pronto and a ban would be forthcoming. There were also several other vital game changing errors by the ref all in the favour of Saints no 50/50 in this match.

All genuine rugby fans want is a fair crack of the whip and refs punished by hitting them in the pocket for such really poor inexcusable performances like last night.

Fans can cope with losing if the result is fair and their team plays half decent but if I were a Wakey fan I would be livid and these constant bias or accidental errors by refs is driving fans away.

I am fed up to the back teeth with the standard of refereeing. I will not put them down for poor decisions, nor will I call them all the names under the sun for such decisions. Humans make mistakes on a regular basis. What I do strongly object to and cannot honestly work out what is happening, is the fact that consistency appears to have flown out of the window. Off side for one team at play the ball, yet dozens of similar offences are apparent throughout the game and fail to attract the attention of the official. Holding down is another constantly overlooked offence but yet is penalised three tackles later. All I ask for is consistency, be it right or wrong. At least everyone gets a fair crack of the whip.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

James Child Dewsbury born and bred,his grandad is life member at the Rams

Graham. When I think of Dewsbury, an unsavoury thing always comes straight to me .When the Mergers were the latest news and according to Maurice Lyndsay of the caring RFL all will have to happen I remember one of your good players during the day i.e Stevo of ex Sky Sports RL Comentator saying at the time “ Dewsbury and Batley need to do the right thing and merge to create one Team from two small Clubs to compete and move forward “ . How did this quote from one of your top players make you feel at the time.

2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Graham. When I think of Dewsbury, an unsavoury thing always comes straight to me .When the Mergers were the latest news and according to Maurice Lyndsay of the caring RFL all will have to happen I remember one of your good players during the day i.e Stevo of ex Sky Sports RL Comentator saying at the time “ Dewsbury and Batley need to do the right thing and merge to create one Team from two small Clubs to compete and move forward “ . How did this quote from one of your top players make you feel at the time.

Still makes me feel sick when ever I think about it,it's like asking you and Castleford to merge,ooops sorry?

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Still makes me feel sick when ever I think about it,it's like asking you and Castleford to merge,ooops sorry?

cas would love to merge with us they have no ground 

9 hours ago, saddleworth said:

I am fed up to the back teeth with the standard of refereeing. I will not put them down for poor decisions, nor will I call them all the names under the sun for such decisions. Humans make mistakes on a regular basis. What I do strongly object to and cannot honestly work out what is happening, is the fact that consistency appears to have flown out of the window. Off side for one team at play the ball, yet dozens of similar offences are apparent throughout the game and fail to attract the attention of the official. Holding down is another constantly overlooked offence but yet is penalised three tackles later. All I ask for is consistency, be it right or wrong. At least everyone gets a fair crack of the whip.

I agree with everything you say here. It happens regularly NOT just in Fev games BUT two games that spring to mind featuring Fev were Halifax at home two seasons ago.(we will never let it drop?)when a last minute penalty for offside was awarded to Fax to give them a one point victory in the entire match there must have been 20 or more off sides gone unpunished. Similarly against Rochdale  Moore was punished for being offside with a couple of minutes left when before that many offsides went unpunished. That penalty from an easy position gave Rochdale their shock victory. It happens at all grounds with most clubs whether Fev are involved or not. There are no sour grapes because all clubs are at the mercy of a ref in the last minute in a tight contest.

Recently read on a RL Website that due to Keighley hitting financial difficulties like Barrow and Whitehaven they Are privy to some information saying in a written statement that in 2021 SL will be in control and are going to create two SL Divisions and abolish League 1 making them become Amateur status .Its obvious that its not a sure thing/done deal but the RFL like ive said Before need to stand up and clarify what the future holds.

The whole game is being ruined by the administration , the RFL is not fit for purpose, and now with Elstone and his beloved SL in situ the power struggle will only get worse and the poor teams in the Championship & below will suffer, I feel.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, sentoffagain2 said:

How was it not an obstruction try when the ball was in the act of being touched down and was kicked out of Wakey players hand.Obstruction try and yellow card all day long.When you look at the one awarded in the Watersplash final it beggars belief.

Reminds me of the 1987 Cup final when Pendlebury of Halifax punched the ball out of the Saints player's hands as he was in the act of scoring what would have been a match-winning try. It was perfectly legal back then, but not any more.

Oh I can go back further when Gary Jordan kicked the ball from a Wakey players hand just as he was scoring. A legal act back then and where the reffing and rules seemed so simpler, yes even with contested scrums. Is it a case of too much technology ruining a refs job, and are we trying to make rules that make the game easier on the eye for any new supporters, thus taking the game away from it's principles.

I remember cheering when an opposition player tried to do a theatrical dive over and whilst he was in the air the ball was knocked out of his hands. He could have strolled over but that extra split second made all the difference. Sorry can't remember which game or our player who knocked the ball out. But he did.

10 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Reminds me of the 1987 Cup final when Pendlebury of Halifax punched the ball out of the Saints player's hands as he was in the act of scoring what would have been a match-winning try. It was perfectly legal back then, but not any more.

It is still legal if there's only one defender involved in the tackle - see Michael Knowles v Hull KR 2017 for example.

22 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I remember Will Sharp kicking the ball out of Oliver Wilkes' hands near the line in the 2014 Grand Final against Leigh and the ref didn't even give a penalty!

Archived