Sign in to follow this  
Marauder

Today's game 30/6/2018

Bentley 32 - 18 East Hull, good game played in a good spirit, Bentley kept their shape throughout the game and Easts spilt the ball far to many times early in the sets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Bentley 32 - 18 East Hull, good game played in a good spirit, Bentley kept their shape throughout the game and Easts spilt the ball far to many times early in the sets.

Good win for Bentley that. We've got them at Lenton Lane next week so should be a good game.

Outlaws 1st Team game vs New Earswick was postponed, so went to Birmingham to play in a 3-way match with Derby City and NEW Ravens. No idea what the scores were, just that we beat Ravens and lost to Derby, but just good to play for the first time in two months due to injury! 

Edited by Saint 1
  • Like 1

First visit to Crigglestone

Liked the ground which is good enough for NCL

Could not get into the game due to the heat and lots of stoppages and one side nature

Wyke now 4 from 4 and look too good for this division

I made score nil 54 but I know ref has two less than me when asked during second half

About 40 watching and no shade at alll

c

• Like 1

7 hours ago, groundhopper said:

First visit to Crigglestone

Liked the ground which is good enough for NCL

Could not get into the game due to the heat and lots of stoppages and one side nature

Wyke now 4 from 4 and look too good for this division

I made score nil 54 but I know ref has two less than me when asked during second half

About 40 watching and no shade at alll

c

Would have been 150 plus at Bentley

Last two Dockers games ive been to have had a masters/touch rugby games happening at the same time .

Both times good numbers taking part plus everyone seemed to be having a good time .

Small positive to take from a game that is struggling a little at the moment .

Was told Dockers travelled to st judes with 14 players. Well done to all the player's who committed to  their club cause ,but are we not papering over the real problem. Open age rugby league is really  struggling.

Travelled light on numbers , team lost three of there better players with serious injuries , two broken arms , ankle/knee  Earlier in the season .

Dockers have been turning out an A team .

Lots of lads now work in industries where the weekend is just part of the working week .

Hopefully Dockers will get the above players back on the park within the next few weeks , league is very close so everything still to play for . 

Not ideal for the 1st team things should improve as injuries ease . Could get worse as well !

Personally having 17 on a team sheet at Amateur level seems overkill , two subs use as many times as needed .

Game needs strong leadership to drive it forward , could be waiting  a while . 

Edited by henage

3 hours ago, henage said:

Last two Dockers games ive been to have had a masters/touch rugby games happening at the same time .

Both times good numbers taking part plus everyone seemed to be having a good time .

Small positive to take from a game that is struggling a little at the moment .

I think things like this are a good way to make amateur games feel like occasions. If you can get a good mix of 2nd/1st team/women's team/juniors all happening on the same day, I think people are more likely to attend. 

My post is in no way a dig at Dockers, great club with a good history and good people who care about our sport. Just being honest and saying our game is struggling to  get player's commitment due to loads of other things to do.  I don't  want to bring up the old debate,  but I along with many others did forecast that summer RL at amateur level would not work. Sorry  to sound negative but I honestly believe it may take years to recover from this what I consider an awful decision.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, chisholm said:

My post is in no way a dig at Dockers, great club with a good history and good people who care about our sport. Just being honest and saying our game is struggling to  get player's commitment due to loads of other things to do.  I don't  want to bring up the old debate,  but I along with many others did forecast that summer RL at amateur level would not work. Sorry  to sound negative but I honestly believe it may take years to recover from this what I consider an awful decision.

Makes me wonder what confusion would happen if BARLA ever got their act together

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Makes me wonder what confusion would happen if BARLA ever got their act together

Makes me wonder if the RFL ever admitted they were wrong and tried to do something about it!!!