You know the nutter is rattled when he posts all of his 1000 words in bold instead of only 20%. 

BTW Quinn Ngawati named in the squad for this week. Pretty sure he’s North American and being paid so I’m going to call it 100% factual that he’s a North American professional player. Fact.

#fact #factual #parkyisfactinthehead

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, East Coast Tiger said:

You know the nutter is rattled when he posts all of his 1000 words in bold instead of only 20%. 

BTW Quinn Ngawati named in the squad for this week. Pretty sure he’s North American and being paid so I’m going to call it 100% factual that he’s a North American professional player. Fact.

He's not just North American...he's Canadian!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheReaper said:

To all of those, you should add...

YET.

Though it is true to say that so far the Wolfpack are the one and only team to come from Pérez's idea.

1 hour ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Yes, but wasn't there a side note attached to Ngwati because he has NZ heritage? So in fact he doesn't count.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

Yes, but wasn't there a side note attached to Ngwati because he has NZ heritage? So in fact he doesn't count.

Jim, Ngwati was born in Canada.My kids were born in NZ and that makes them Kiwis.

Edited by frank
  • Like 1

Did Parky suggest in that 'post that I am somewhat coming to agree with him???

Please send help...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, frank said:

Jim, Ngwati was born in Canada.My kids were born in NZ and that makes them Kiwis.

I think (and hope) jim’s comment was very much tongue in cheek frank.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I think (and hope) jim’s comment was very much tongue in cheek frank.

Correct.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Did Parky suggest in that 'post that I am somewhat coming to agree with him???

Please send help...

I've had him on ignore for a while, just 'revealed' the latest post. It has progressed to a full meltdown..

2 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

I've had him on ignore for a while, just 'revealed' the latest post. It has progressed to a full meltdown..

Was there a drum roll before you clicked the reveal button jim?

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

Spot on. Standards is a purely subjective thing. It is a major bugbear of mine when people claim there aren't enough quality players, or we don't have 12 teams of SL quality.

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

My often-stated stance on this is that replacement is not expansion. You can probably do it once or twice simply because of the standard of some of the bottom clubs at the moment, but ideally you would be adding to a strong SL base.

You are not being subjective are you Dave?

1 hour ago, jim_57 said:

So did I. He’s been on ignore for ages now and I just had a sneak peek at his last post. Step away from the computer parky.... turn it off, go outside and enjoy the outdoors. 

Edited by Copa

47 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are not being subjective are you Dave?

Of course I am. What I'm not doing is saying that the weaker teams are not Super league teams which was my point. Come on Harry, you seem to be intentionally missing the point a fair bit on this.

I don't criticise subjectivity, it is when people think their subjective opinion is FACT.

Edited by Dave T

6 hours ago, The Parksider said:

Harry 

This is abject nonsense, they've pushed you into a climb down. 

As I stated in a previous post, I am not influenced by anyone in my thoughts re the NA expansion process.

There are far to many issues with the whole concept that those sensible enough will realise that we are on a learning process.

Mr Argyle's investment has acheived nothing with the 'on -field' success of his team up to now that any billionaire would not acheive in placing a team anywhere on the planet and dipping into the same resources. 

Under the present rules of the competition TWP may or may not acheive promotion, the big question that we will find out the answer to should they be successful in the Middle 8's comp will be, are SL happy to accept them? To me it is black or white they will or they won't.

But, I do think that either decision will have a lot of grey areas that only allowing them to proceed will answer, including all those protestations you have Mr Parksider and probably a whole host of others you have not yet contemplated or haven't informed us about yet, that is why I suggest an 'embargo' on any other club being formed on that continent for a minimum period of 5 years, if what TWP acheive is beneficial to the game this side of the Atlantic venture further, if not get shut.

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Parky surely has a point when he says NA franchises with no player development replacing English clubs with Academies (who may not be able to afford them any longer) presents a potential long-term structural issue.

I will give you the doubt and assume you are genuinely being stupid.

The premise is utter nonsense.

A hypothetical team who contribute nothing would be bad.  A hypothetical team that solve everything would be great.  Parksider and now you are essentially saying that these hypotheticals prove a point.

26 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Of course I am. What I'm not doing is saying that the weaker teams are not Super league teams which was my point. Come on Harry, you seem to be intentionally missing the point a fair bit on this.

I don't criticise subjectivity, it is when people think their subjective opinion is FACT.

Back to the original statement I made of which I am being criticized, re individuals and our production line.

Is the opinion I made of not producing enough as I termed it, "SL quality player's" in our country just my perspective or would you say that those chairmen who invest in "Johnny Foreigners" are of the same belief, FACT, SL employs around 70.

Simple question Dave, why do all those chairmen deem it nessacary, no I will rephrase that a nessacity to empoly Antipodeans and Islanders?

13 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I will give you the doubt and assume you are genuinely being stupid.

The premise is utter nonsense.

A hypothetical team who contribute nothing would be bad.  A hypothetical team that solve everything would be great.  Parksider and now you are essentially saying that these hypotheticals prove a point.

Just to make sure I got the definition correct: 

hypothesis
  1. a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

I don't believe that MOK or even Parky's comments are any further afield than all those who profess that NA expansion will be good for the game, until proven as you say, everything is hypothtical.

1 hour ago, Copa said:

So did I. He’s been on ignore for ages now and I just had a sneak peek at his last post. Step away from the computer parky.... turn it off, go outside and enjoy the outdoors. 

Maybe he just needs to watch a game or two. He may actually enjoy watching the game. Instead of this incessant nonsense  

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Back to the original statement I made of which I am being criticized, re individuals and our production line.

Is the opinion I made of not producing enough as I termed it, "SL quality player's" in our country just my perspective or would you say that those chairmen who invest in "Johnny Foreigners" are of the same belief, FACT, SL employs around 70.

Simple question Dave, why do all those chairmen deem it nessacary, no I will rephrase that a nessacity to empoly Antipodeans and Islanders?

It's a bit of a weird position Harry and I'll assume you are just trying to be challenging to flush out views.

SL standard is a subjective thing, there is no hard and fast criteria, if we banned all overseas players now we could fill our teams with French and English players and they would by definition be SL standard.

What clubs do is try and get the best quality players they can for the money they can spend. It's what everybody does in every sport and your point is a bit odd. Some of those good players will be Aussies, some Kiwis etc. 

Taking your point - basically unless we have 100% local players in SL you can make your claim that we don't produce enough SL quality players.

It doesn't make sense.

SL is just a comp of 12 players with the best players clubs can muster. There is not an issue in the slightest using overseas players.

And your last point is just wrong. It is absolutely not a necessity at all. If they decided no more overseas players the game would continue. It is a choice, not a necessity.

Edited by Dave T

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's a bit of a weird position Harry and I'll assume you are just trying to be challenging to flush out views.

SL standard is a subjective thing, there is no hard and fast criteria, if we banned all overseas players now we could fill our teams with French and English players and they would by definition be SL standard.

What clubs do is try and get the best quality players they can for the money they can spend. It's what everybody does in every sport and your point is a bit odd. Some of those good players will be Aussies, some Kiwis etc.

Taking your point - basically unless we have 100% local players in SL you can make your claim that we don't produce enough SL quality players.

It doesn't make sense.

SL is just a comp of 12 players with the best players clubs can muster. There is not an issue in the slightest using overseas players.

And your last point is just wrong. It is absolutely not a necessity at all. If they decided no more overseas players the game would continue. It is a choice, not a necessity.

It seems to me that it is ' de rigueur ' that every team has a couple of Kiwi's/Islanders and a couple of Aussies in every team these days , wether they are any better than what is available or not

Also it seems to me that the English coaches and DORs use the " not enough UK talent " excuse to mask their own deficiancies at times , Cas are a case in point , individually not a world class set of players , but fair do's to Powell , he last season moulded them into a very good team both collectively and individually

So are there enough players ? IMO yes , again not forgetting everything is ' subjective '

• Like 3

How is opening the game up to a entire continent, not just a country, going to weaken the player pool numbers? It's a ridiculous statement to make with absolutely no basis. Rl went to London, London lads started playing rl, London lads now play in clubs all over the country, including top SL ones. Now it might be that no Canadian player ever makes the top level, but even just using probability at least one almost certainly will. Any gaps in the player pool filters downwards, it will give young players who are released an opportunity, which means clubs lower down won't then get these players, meaning someone will get a chance etc..... 

• Like 7

Just now, GUBRATS said:

It seems to me that it is ' de rigueur ' that every team has a couple of Kiwi's/Islanders and a couple of Aussies in every team these days , wether they are any better than what is available or not

Also it seems to me that the English coaches and DORs use the " not enough UK talent " excuse to mask their own deficiancies at times , Cas are a case in point , individually not a world class set of players , but fair do's to Powell , he last season moulded them into a very good team both collectively and individually

So are there enough players ? IMO yes , again not forgetting everything is ' subjective '

I agree.

But on your last question - are there enough players - as long as there are more than around 300 potential RL players then the answer is yes and doesn't need IMO attaching.

Now that may mean this mythical 'SL standard's drops, but that will be the new SL standard.

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

How is opening the game up to a entire continent, not just a country, going to weaken the player pool numbers? It's a ridiculous statement to make with absolutely no basis. Rl went to London, London lads started playing rl, London lads now play in clubs all over the country, including top SL ones. Now it might be that no Canadian player ever makes the top level, but even just using probability at least one almost certainly will. Any gaps in the player pool filters downwards, it will give young players who are released an opportunity, which means clubs lower down won't then get these players, meaning someone will get a chance etc.....

Agree , we often read on these threads that it is only the SL clubs that have the profile that attracts kids to play and emulate their heroes , so in that vein surely if Toronto do make SL then the added interest will make it more likely that future RL players will emerge [ personally it might well come from the Union ranks in NA , but not much wrong with that ]

13 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

The talent needs a pathway to progress though, doesn’t it?

Going to an extreme hypothetical, if Leeds was the only SL club in West Yorkshire, how many local kids would come though each year?  

Would it be enough to sustain a handful of expansion clubs in non-RL playing areas in the long term?

And how many Cas, Wakey, Huddersfield etc lads might be lost to the game without a career opportunity?

This needs to be given careful thought.

How do London lads cope with having to move north? Simple, because it's what they want to do for a living and they are prepared to make sacrifices. Someone from Widnes can still live there while playing for Saints or Warrington, it's not like they're going to China. 

Edited by londonrlfan
  • Like 2