Sign in to follow this  
Krzzystuff

Qualifiers...here we go!!!!!!!!

Sounds more like he is saying it is costing 300k to compete, in expenses, he mentions visas, TV and accomodation, not that anyone is paying any kind of fee. That seems a lot, but he does have a magazine to sell!

Have no idea what the costs would be for 7 regular games, so it is hard to know.

Edited by dixiedean

30 minutes ago, ojx said:

It really is RFL extortion!

Clearly, but we were warned they would do this..its part of their terrible operating model.  You have to take the good with the bad and hopefully when we get up there we can start to change things by, once again,  setting a proper example....they need help bad and they will have to take their medicine when the time is right.

1 hour ago, ojx said:

$300K !!! Damn, will the SL players be staying in hotels rather than student dorms?

You means the dorms that were good enough for Pan Am athletes, many of whom were Olympians?  Well we wouldn't want to lower ourselves to those standards now would we?

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

it is a tough call and i agree we are likely to see Brierley start with McCrone. as for Bussey i think this will be his last season with us as i don't see him making a massive impact in SL. I like the guy but when he plays i'm not overly impressed with whats on shows anymore and don't except to see him much in the qualifiers.  has he had much game time this year or just in the last few games as others have been rested?

You know i think you are wrong on him but you could be right....he has great potential as a player and I think he will come through in the end.  Good open field tackler too.

The tension grows...I can feel it as the first playoff game approaches.   I just got this feeling that TWP is all business, running on all cylinders, firing on all pistons. our best rugby we have ever played right in front of us....I think we are going to blow them all out.  Seven, or six, or whatever the hell it is,  and out.  The Rhino will fall in the end.

Time to 'Release The Beast!'; they ain't gonna know what hit 'em....time to finish 'em all one at a time and settle this once and for all.

Edited by Kayakman

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, deluded pom? said:

Poor by Sky. You'd like to think every team is televised at least once.

Serious question for you deluded pom?   How many Hull K.R. fans do you reckon/think will come across to Toronto for the game on August 18th.?  Only the second game of the Qualifiers so I'm thinking the interest/intrigue will be very high.  Thanks for your input.

3 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Serious question for you deluded pom?   How many Hull K.R. fans do you reckon/think will come across to Toronto for the game on August 18th.?  Only the second game of the Qualifiers so I'm thinking the interest/intrigue will be very high.  Thanks for your input.

The Dobbins fans usually travel in numbers Cameron. It wouldn’t surprise me if they bring the most support to Lamport than has been there before. I couldn’t put a number on it. They are not the most cultured bunch though. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, deluded pom? said:

They are not the most cultured bunch though. 

They follow RL so can't be that bad. :nea:

Many years building up for taking a team based in Canada to SL. Two seasons and at the portals of top NH RL. Surely excited anticipation to see if the TWP are going to crack it at the first attempt. The SL sides have been beefing up their squads and some decent Championship sides there too. It's going to be a fascinating seven weeks, perhaps the best qualifier tournament yet. I can't call it. 

Edited by RayCee

1 hour ago, RayCee said:

They follow RL so can't be that bad. :nea:

I live in Hull Ray. I know what they are like.

• Haha 2

Question for the experts: what are the tie break rules for the qualifiers? Is it points difference only? Other criteria?

4 hours ago, manu266 said:

Question for the experts: what are the tie break rules for the qualifiers? Is it points difference only? Other criteria?

It’s exactly the same as the regular season. Points difference. If PD is the same it should be who has scored the most points. If that’s the same it would then go on head to head meetings between the teams involved. But don’t quote me on that.

• Thanks 1