Sign in to follow this  
graham fisher

BARROW GAME.

Recommended Posts

Another massive game, Barrow at home won't be easy as they are fighting to keep their championship status. I still believe we'll avoid relegation but we've got to win these games. Looks like we won't be seeing Shannon Wakeman again this season as he's had to have a minor knee operation. 

Rams 26

Barrow 16

FTS Morton

Mom Sykes

Att 645

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wakeman has effectively left the Giants as his recovery from the operation will not be complete before the season end and they aren't offering him another contract. He is keen to stay in UK next season though but probably out of our league, financially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrow are really struggling - their Chairman has just stepped down from the board (again!) today as their financial crisis deepens. No doubt this will mean that they are struggling for players again this weekend. This is bad news for them, and I truly hope that they can pull things round, but represents a real chance for us to get the points on Sunday. Now all that we need is for our lot to be fully committed and focussed for 80 minutes, just for a change.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turmoil in the background at Barrow but have quite a few players returning for this weekend. Massive game for both teams. If Barrow win they will be almost safe but they are poor away from home.

Edited by Bring back GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Wakeman has effectively left the Giants as his recovery from the operation will not be complete before the season end and they aren't offering him another contract. He is keen to stay in UK next season though but probably out of our league, financially.

Shame, he was really good for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I predict that there might be a couple of changes of personnel after the Swinton defeat - one or two players didn't cover themselves in glory and might deserve a bit of a wake up call. I also expect Syes to really give them a shake up, as he was reported to have done after that game = more focus and determination. A long bus ride in baking heat won't help Barrow's cause either so we have to be optimistic:

Rams 28 - 18 Barrow

FTS Brown

Att: 725

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before last weeks debacle I said "I'd be happy with 3 wins out of the next 4 fixtures" 

It just happens we've got the defeat out of the way now and just means 3 out of 3 now.. Easy.. Nope, tricky.. Yes

We're due one of our phenomenal performances.. Hopefully

Simple players need to embrace the situation and rectify it.. 3 wins will be a start. 

Edited by coolie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Rams Facebook we’ve a new player on the way so it will be interesting to see who that is and if they play on Sunday. 

Think we’ll just beat them by 6 points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jamesb0551 said:

According to Rams Facebook we’ve a new player on the way so it will be interesting to see who that is and if they play on Sunday. 

Think we’ll just beat them by 6 points 

Adam Ryder, centre from Keighley

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Sundays with Mr Ryder?

Hallelujah!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to make a couple of changes; one I guess would be a replacement for the injured Reilly(although I have no knowledge as to the extent of said injury) and I reckon a new face at right centre. Adam Ryder might fit the bill. 

Dewsbury 28-12 Barroe

FTS: Brown (once more)

MoM: Knowles

Att: 808.

I just wish we could add some attacking flair to our game (as at Rochdale) and dispose of the Raiders more convincingly than my prediction.

If Barrow are struggling it is not for us to stand back; it is "dog eat dog" now, but I do hope the Furness club can survive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Happy Sundays with Mr Ryder?

Hallelujah!

its a shame we couldn't have had him last Sunday. A centre who looks interested.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are saying Barrow are struggling ,well aren't we?

They put 58 points past us at c.park.At least they throw the ball about.

We haven't won a home match all summer,forget february.

i can't remember scorelines against us ,in the past,like this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silcoates said:

People are saying Barrow are struggling ,well aren't we?

They put 58 points past us at c.park.At least they throw the ball about.

We haven't won a home match all summer,forget february.

i can't remember scorelines against us ,in the past,like this season.

I can't help but thinking the Botton six are just going through the motions. I think maybe those clubs have accepted that they are, and will continue to be also rans, because none of them have the resources to be anything else. I include the dogs, who are arguably the best of the also rans, but are also rans nonetheless. There doesn't appear to be any sense of panic or urgency to change things amongst the clubs themselves, which makes me wonder if the chairmen are already aware of changes in the structure for next year, and are therefore reluctant to invest in their squads this season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously I’m praying for a win! Think we will show our mettle though it will be close and the heat merciless- and if it is close drop the odd goal eh lads? Even if it only secures the draw.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lose this and you are in doo doo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Lose this and you are in doo doo

We need 17 lions out on the field tomorrow, if you cannot give 100%

Dont turn up.. Simple

Win the next 3 and we're in a good position. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win today for your lads, want Yorkshire teams to stay up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reight before the usual sour grapes because the ref was rubbish... 

We won

To this is a free hit against Jack smith

Never.. Yes NEVER has a referee given a team so much. 40/20's he let them play the ball quickly.. No problem with this.. But when we ever get a 40/20 we get made wait until the defensive line is ready, Mr Smith allowed laying on when Dewsbury was in possession, but quick to penalising Dewsbury when barrow had the ball, called a forward pass when we scored that only he saw in the ground.. But his worse mistake today was allowing a barrow player to go down (Andy braeck style) to break play up and give their lads a chance to get their breath, this happened at least 4 times, you don't stop the game for cramp.. Jack Smith it's a poor doo when you give every 50/50 to barrow.. Which you did today. 

Been a good day today, featherstone lost, Leeds Rhino's lost, even Rochdale knocked last weeks smiles off the faces of the Swinton fans

Sheffield next week.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, coolie said:

Reight before the usual sour grapes because the ref was rubbish... 

We won

To this is a free hit against Jack smith

Never.. Yes NEVER has a referee given a team so much. 40/20's he let them play the ball quickly.. No problem with this.. But when we ever get a 40/20 we get made wait until the defensive line is ready, Mr Smith allowed laying on when Dewsbury was in possession, but quick to penalising Dewsbury when barrow had the ball, called a forward pass when we scored that only he saw in the ground.. But his worse mistake today was allowing a barrow player to go down (Andy braeck style) to break play up and give their lads a chance to get their breath, this happened at least 4 times, you don't stop the game for cramp.. Jack Smith it's a poor doo when you give every 50/50 to barrow.. Which you did today. 

Been a good day today, featherstone lost, Leeds Rhino's lost, even Rochdale knocked last weeks smiles off the faces of the Swinton fans

Sheffield next week.. 

Players going down with cramp and feigning other injury is creeping into Rugby League. It isn't just Barrow. Very sad to see is this. Players only stayed down if the were really injured, but now they do it to hold up the game

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, coolie said:

Reight before the usual sour grapes because the ref was rubbish... 

We won

To this is a free hit against Jack smith

Never.. Yes NEVER has a referee given a team so much. 40/20's he let them play the ball quickly.. No problem with this.. But when we ever get a 40/20 we get made wait until the defensive line is ready, Mr Smith allowed laying on when Dewsbury was in possession, but quick to penalising Dewsbury when barrow had the ball, called a forward pass when we scored that only he saw in the ground.. But his worse mistake today was allowing a barrow player to go down (Andy braeck style) to break play up and give their lads a chance to get their breath, this happened at least 4 times, you don't stop the game for cramp.. Jack Smith it's a poor doo when you give every 50/50 to barrow.. Which you did today. 

Been a good day today, featherstone lost, Leeds Rhino's lost, even Rochdale knocked last weeks smiles off the faces of the Swinton fans

Sheffield next week.. 

You know you are good when someone likes it when you lose. And me here thinking you secretly liked Fev😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to the lads for coming back and winning today.

I'm sure Barrow and their fans think they could easily have won as well.

  I hope they pull through with the problems they have.but we all in the same dodgy boat.

Mention for Adam Ryder did well for his first game.Sam Day -the mole, he seemed to chirp us up when he came on.

Good try from Gareth Potts,wish we scored more tries like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday