Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

6th July : SL Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 7:45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

Great put down for Charnley. Mental decision not to take the 2 earlier.

I can't get my head around booing him either.

Edited by andyscoot

Conversion missed.

Squeaky bum time officially activated.

Edited by Futtocks

Hard to say if Warrignton deserve the draw/win or not.   Suppose I’ll take whatever we get.   Result is meaningless really it’s the psychological boost going into the 8s.

Cant believe we will end up playing each other 6 times this season, probably...   it loses its appeal a bit.

First DG (Wire) missed.

Phew!

Nice one Woods. Wire after that second half must feel hard done to.

Great entertainment and Wigan deserve to win based on the whole game...   however they must be concerned they couldn’t shut a very indisciplined Wire out of it.

Wigan-Wire still seems to be the most entertaining derby of the last few years.   Once Wane goes it’s like the spark will be gone a bit.

2 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Great entertainment and Wigan deserve to win based on the whole game...   however they must be concerned they couldn’t shut a very indisciplined Wire out of it.

Wigan-Wire still seems to be the most entertaining derby of the last few years.   Once Wane goes it’s like the spark will be gone a bit.

Doesn't it depend who replaces him? After all, I do hear an awful lot about how dull and negative Wigan are under him. Maybe it'll get even better next season.

I thought we were pretty ropey, passing all over the shop. Shocking goalkicking costs us time after time in big games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Doesn't it depend who replaces him? After all, I do hear an awful lot about how dull and negative Wigan are under him. Maybe it'll get even better next season.

Well, yes I suppose if Edwards or Farrell comes in it will be just as gritty... 😎.  I just like the way Wane motivates his players against us...

Caught the last 20 mins. Great win considering how many players we lost to injuries.  Great to hear Wane praising Westwood too.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

I thought we were pretty ropey, passing all over the shop. Shocking goalkicking costs us time after time in big games.

The funny thing about Warrington this year is that we seem to play flat in a lot of games, just clinging on,  but then go on to win or narrowly lose.   We never seem to get shot psychologically - dare I say it, the way Shaun Wane can get his team up for a Grand Final win...?

Don’t think we will win anything this year but we are as good as Wigan, and not that far off Saints  (especially taking a certain fullback out of the equation).   Wasn’t very excited by Price’s appointment at the time, but he’s done very well to assemble this team in half an off-season and get them where they are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

The funny thing about Warrington this year is that we seem to play flat in a lot of games, just clinging on,  but then go on to win or narrowly lose.   We never seem to get shot psychologically - dare I say it, the way Shaun Wane can get his team up for a Grand Final win...?

Don’t think we will win anything this year but we are as good as Wigan, and not that far off Saints  (especially taking a certain fullback out of the equation).   Wasn’t very excited by Price’s appointment at the time, but he’s done very well to assemble this team in half an off-season and get them where they are.

Maybe. I think Price will make a massive difference next year. After that win - which I think we just about deserved after the Hill milked penalty - we are well placed for 2nd, especially as Wire and Saints will have a least one more and probably 2 more cup games to cope with. 

Oh and shame on us booing Charnley - it serves us right that he scored. 

44 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Forearm into Hamlin's mush but the penalty goes to Warrington. :fie:

Did he complain he’d been bitten again? 🤨

• Like 1