7th July : SL Wakefield Trinity v Catalans Dragons KO 6:30pm

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Catalans Dragons
    • Draw

Discuss the SL game between Wakefield Trinity and Catalans Dragons here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that this will be a close one. But which way it will go is not at all clear to me. Obviously Wakefield have the advantage of a home game, but whether the recent improvement in Catalans makes the team strong enough to overcome this is not clear. Wakefield have recently challenged the powerful St. Helens team, so a betting man would probably go for Wakefield.

Really difficult to call this one. 

Wakefield able to field a decent 17 (Chester hopefully putting Finn back in the cupboard) so good test for Catalans.  Should show if they have really improved that much or if they have just hit teams at the right time.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

you have to wonder if there isn't a better time to play fixtures rather than on the same afternoon as englands last 8 wc game, just shows skys total disregard for our game and the fans

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

24 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

you have to wonder if there isn't a better time to play fixtures rather than on the same afternoon as englands last 8 wc game, just shows skys total disregard for our game and the fans

It's not on Sky.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

England v Sweden @3pm on tv

Wakey v Catalan @6.30pm live

Not sure about Sky disrespect - I'm watching both - and its not like I have to get a bus back from Russia

Interested to see how Catalan go - some real recent improvement in team and individuals, but i think still patchy and vulnerable. Wakey to win - but close

1 hour ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Ben Thaler is the ref! I could be wrong but I read that’s the first time for four years he has been in charge of Wakefield in a regular season game... 

I wonder why James Child has got a championship game? We have had him 9 times this season!!! 

Bemused at the fact that people spend so much time concentrating on the ref. 

I reckon we need 2 wins out last 4 to confirm top 8.  On recent form this is our hardest match of the 4.  A win would make it easier for ourselves but we often don't make it easier for ourselves.  I can see us losing this but still picking up enough from our remaining games to stay top 8.  Saying that if we don't panic and play like we can there's no reason we can't win all 4.

Up the Trin 

I cannot recall a side of greater contrast in one season than Catalans.

Their performance against Warrington at home was especially abject. Towards the end of last year and start of this year, they seemed almost unable to score a try!

Now they are winning and playing good rugby too. I have been highly critical of McNamara in the past, so it is only right to credit him for the turnaround and Guasch for his patience in not sacking him.

Our upcoming cup semi final against them could be a cracker!

Archived