18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good, professional job done by Cas in the second half today. I'm afraid to say it, being a Cas fan, but Leeds looked dreadful. I counted 3 dropped balls in the act of scoring, plus at least one other where the last pass went down. Could easily have been 60+.

Trueman was outstanding. The pack were even better, especially in the heat, and gave him an excellent platform.

Sinfield confirms Lilley wasn't injured. "He didn't do anything wrong" but needed to get Walker on. But I can surmise he didn't view him as having a wow of a game given the chain reaction of changes he made to take him off.

5 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

More so today i think as basically Leeds are coach less and in free fall.

You win today's prize for stating the bleeding obvious.

However I don't think Powell would take greater satisfaction from beating a team in free fall as opposed to a team firing on all cylinders.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Maybe Sinfield's press conferences aren't going to be as boring as I'd feared:

"I believe there's enough talent in that group to make a fist of things, at least til the end of the year.

But there's some stuff off the field that we need to change; I don't want to say too much but we just need to make some small changes to how we operate and how we go about stuff and we'll be far better for it when we do it".

I wonder what he could mean...?

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Who is the Leeds coach? Who has replaced McDermott? Sinfield is said to be, 'Director of Rugby'.

Sinfield is the boss. Lowes is formally the first team coach, partly because Sinfield can't be the coach officially without his badges, but is effectively returning to his previously successful role as assistant coach.

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

Sinfield confirms Lilley wasn't injured. "He didn't do anything wrong" but needed to get Walker on. But I can surmise he didn't view him as having a wow of a game given the chain reaction of changes he made to take him off.

Found that interesting too, i would have just swapped walker for golding who i thought was off the pace.

Sinfield press conference was quite interesting , says they need to make changes not just on the field but also off it, also said he feels the squad is OK to get us through the season. I do think the Sinfield appointment will be a very good one as I don’t think he’ll have any issues in making the required changes.

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Maybe Sinfield's press conferences aren't going to be as boring as I'd feared:

"I believe there's enough talent in that group to make a fist of things, at least til the end of the year.

But there's some stuff off the field that we need to change; I don't want to say too much but we just need to make some small changes to how we operate and how we go about stuff and we'll be far better for it when we do it".

I wonder what he could mean...?

As alluded to above I thought it was a very interesting first press conference!

10 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

You win today's prize for stating the bleeding obvious.

However I don't think Powell would take greater satisfaction from beating a team in free fall as opposed to a team firing on all cylinders.

Oh yes he would.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Sinfield is the boss. Lowes is formally the first team coach, partly because Sinfield can't be the coach officially without his badges.

So he has zero experience as a coach, technically and practically? Or was he really coaching the team before he retired?

3 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

So he has zero experience as a coach, technically and practically? Or was he really coaching the team before he retired?

He doesn't have coaching badges which are a requirement to be a SL head coach.

His previous role at the club varied from being just a player through to being a ventriloquist with Smith/McClennan/McDermott sat on his knee, depending who you listen to.

I do wonder if Sinfield has particular views about reserve teams and what side of the slicing of Hetherington's previous role that falls on.

We know Peacock thinks they should have them and it wouldn't surprise me if Sinfield agreed with him.

Leeds were pretty awful in that 2nd half.

They need to start improving as the middle 8s is not a good place to be this year.

With the squad they have they should be fine, I hope they do pull through because superleague needs Leeds.

2 minutes ago, Davc1h said:

Leeds were pretty awful in that 2nd half.

They need to start improving as the middle 8s is not a good place to be this year.

With the squad they have they should be fine, I hope they do pull through because superleague needs Leeds.

I think we will win the next 3 which should see us safe, I can also see us sneaking into the CC final but that is me being optimistic that the new appointments can do something this week.

2 hours ago, terrywebbisgod said:

That would be the logical option,even if you think you're being funny.

After today's "performance"I can genuinely see Leeds in the Championship next year.

Stop being so touchy, I wasn't trying to be funny.

From the sounds of things he was tinkering with the team even mid game, so it was a genuine musing.

Leeds in no way will be in the Championship next season, if nothing else I've been a Giants fan too long to think we will do anything but blow our chance for top 8

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

Stop being so touchy, I wasn't trying to be funny.

From the sounds of things he was tinkering with the team even mid game, so it was a genuine musing.

Leeds in no way will be in the Championship next season, if nothing else I've been a Giants fan too long to think we will do anything but blow our chance for top 8

I wasn't being touchy, you usually have a laugh at Leeds expense,that's  all.

I know Leeds theoretically have a better run in than the Giants but the Giants are stringing results together,Leeds aren't and it will be difficult to lift a team that is so obviously devoid of ideas and confidence.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Found that interesting too, i would have just swapped walker for golding who i thought was off the pace.

"Not sure what your beef is with Golding (did he spill your pint or somethng?) but he is a very good young player, he is rather unlucky that Walker has come through so quickly but he still adds a lot to the team, he is very good defensively, has got a great attitude and has looked quite handy as a utility player."

?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Archived