8th July : SL Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 3:30pm

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

33 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

"Not sure what your beef is with Golding (did he spill your pint or somethng?) but he is a very good young player, he is rather unlucky that Walker has come through so quickly but he still adds a lot to the team, he is very good defensively, has got a great attitude and has looked quite handy as a utility player."

😎

And?

Where in my post did I say Golding was infallable?

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

And?

Where in my post did I say Golding was infallable?

It didn't - just pulling your leg 😉

I just don't rate Golding, you do 🙂

2 hours ago, snapski said:

Lilley is garbage. Championship at the very best. We seriously should have been 30 or 40 points up at half time. 

Leeds have nothing in the forwards and not much in the backs. 

Basically the same forwards and backs that wiped the floor with your lot in the game that really mattered.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Basically the same forwards and backs that wiped the floor with your lot in the game that really mattered.

I was going to post something similar, but we don’t look like wiping the floor with anything at the moment 

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I was going to post something similar, but we don’t look like wiping the floor with anything at the moment 

You are quite correct there.

Poorish first 25 or so minutes from Cas, not clinical enough and opened up too easily down the middle.  From then on the Cas pack dominated, some huge efforts.  Watts, Millington, Moors, Massey and Clark (looks like he could be a find) all impressive.  Trueman was outstanding MOM by a mile.  Good to see Eden back too, looked very sharp. 

Leeds looked okay early on, certainly put some nice plays on, but very poor second half.  Problems look deep rooted to me.  Major personel changes required and i'd also be having a look at the strength and conditioning at the club.  

Also, very impressed by the ref today,  didnt penalise unnecessarily and let the game flow as much as possible.  Hope he gets more SL games.

Edited by Gates1

16 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Poorish first 25 or so minutes from Cas, not clinical enough and opened up too easily down the middle.  From then on the Cas pack dominated, some huge efforts.  Watts, Millington, Moors, Massey and Clark (looks like he could be a find) all impressive.  Trueman was outstanding MOM by a mile.  Good to see Eden back too, looked very sharp. 

Leeds looked okay early on, certainly put some nice plays on, but very poor second half.  Problems look deep rooted to me.  Major personel changes required and i'd also be having a look at the strength and conditioning at the club.  

Also, very impressed by the ref today,  didnt penalise unnecessarily and let the game flow as much as possible.  Hope he gets more SL games.

RE the ref and refs in general they really do seem to be giving fewer penalties for messing around at the ruck and the game is far better for it, I think maybe the players are also starting to get the message that they aren't kidding the ref any more

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

RE the ref and refs in general they really do seem to be giving fewer penalties for messing around at the ruck and the game is far better for it, I think maybe the players are also starting to get the message that they aren't kidding the ref any more

Agree, the games definitely better without the constant penalties.  I think it was 25 minutes or so into the game before the 1st one yesterday.  

I thought the players of both sides helped the ref yesterday.  Behaved extremely well around the ruck, i saw very little messing about and play acting for penalties (which surprised me a bit in that heat -  an extra 30 yards is a god send!).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, M j M said:

I don't know actually. I've grown so used to McDermott using the proverbial shephard's crook to drag him off when we are losing that I assumed Sinfield had done the same. I hope he didn't as I'd like to see Lilley and Myler given a run of games to see if they can establish a partnership. Anything's got to be better than Moon.

Well, looks like he’s on his way to NRL now anyway.

22 hours ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Yawn,surprised you haven't mentioned the crowd either.

Only Huddersfield's crowds can be criticised, you know the rule :)

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

There will come a time when everyone agrees that Brian McDermott was right about everything :)

For now though it's worth remembering him bemoaning the penalty fest of early season sure in the knowledge that referees will suddenly change the way they do things at around this stage of the season. That time has come and the games are far better for it.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 4:53 AM, M j M said:

He doesn't have coaching badges which are a requirement to be a SL head coach.

His previous role at the club varied from being just a player through to being a ventriloquist with Smith/McClennan/McDermott sat on his knee, depending who you listen to.

Rumour mill says that he and Peacock were doing a majority of the coaching in the latter part of their playing careers

38 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Rumour mill says that he and Peacock were doing a majority of the coaching in the latter part of their playing careers

That is mostly stuff sourced from people who, for various reasons of bitterness about him constantly proving them wrong  refuse to let Brian McDermott have any credit whatsoever for multiple trophies. It doesn't bear much relation to what the players actually say.