Sign in to follow this  

Outstanding effort by Mayfield , down to 10 men for 45 minutes, they only lost 28-22. 4 players sent off and Egremont Coach.

HW

11 minutes ago, Chamey said:

Jesus, what happened?

One big blow up that kicked off again while the officials were trying to sort it before the game got going again. 2 off from Mayfield plus a sin binning, 1 off from Egremont plus the coach. A few minutes later another Mayfield player had a go after a tackle, probably not a sending off but I think the ref was really clamping down then. 

Not sure what kicked it off but an Egremont sub was left groggy on the ground when the balloon went up, I think, and I emphasise that I am filling in gaps here, that it was one off each for the fighting then one off each, including Egremont coach, went it started again. Not sure about the sin binning, maybe dissent?

After all that Mayfield were superb, especially the No 7 who really did not deserve to be on a losing side. Egremont may have been guilty of putting the cue back in the rack but that should not detract from how well Mayfield played

Looks like a NCL disciplinary committee going to be busy then, 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

One big blow up that kicked off again while the officials were trying to sort it before the game got going again. 2 off from Mayfield plus a sin binning, 1 off from Egremont plus the coach. A few minutes later another Mayfield player had a go after a tackle, probably not a sending off but I think the ref was really clamping down then. 

Not sure what kicked it off but an Egremont sub was left groggy on the ground when the balloon went up, I think, and I emphasise that I am filling in gaps here, that it was one off each for the fighting then one off each, including Egremont coach, went it started again. Not sure about the sin binning, maybe dissent?

After all that Mayfield were superb, especially the No 7 who really did not deserve to be on a losing side. Egremont may have been guilty of putting the cue back in the rack but that should not detract from how well Mayfield played

The Mayfield Number 7 was possibly Sam Butterworth who is one of the two coaches who I believe both played. Mayfield had to travel with just 15 players as a result of an early start due to the one o'clock kick off. So all in all the result was not that bad.

18 hours ago, Big Doug said:

The Mayfield Number 7 was possibly Sam Butterworth who is one of the two coaches who I believe both played. Mayfield had to travel with just 15 players as a result of an early start due to the one o'clock kick off. So all in all the result was not that bad.

Think the majority of teams are traveling with 14/15 players, its the silly season for festivals and stag do s ect, over the past month all 3 of the Cumbrian clubs have struggled whilst traveling away, but that's  summer rugby for you.