Newspaper coverage

RobertAM

1 hour ago, bird said:

It's still a precedent. How many Canadian caps does Quinn have?

Just one for the senior team but i don't think the senior team has played since that game, kicked 3 goals in his one game last September.

1 hour ago, NickWeaver said:

Great article on Quinn and the Wolfpack today in the Athletic by Blake Murphy.

Also the Wolfpack were congratulated at City Hall this morning for their achievements. 

Article link 

https://theathletic.com/444098/2018/07/26/wolfpack-throwing-quinn-ngawati-rugby-leagues-first-canadian-into-the-lions-den-saturday/

5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I can't remember French players being part of the quota. They were exempt as EU citizens alongside players from countries who were members of the Kolpak agreement e.g PNG.

Indeed. Here is what I found on Wikipedia:

• For the Canadian-based Toronto Wolfpack, American, Canadian, and Jamaican players do not count towards the foreign quota. (that's why I suggested a NA team in League one to develop player, but only with that same rule)
  • Super League and Championship clubs are allowed a maximum of 5 foreign players, while League 1 clubs are allowed just 2.

There are three exceptions for a player to avoid quota player status. Those are listed below:

1. When a player has played for a rugby team for six years, he is eligible to gain British citizenship and does not count under the quota.

2. If the player has a passport for any EU nation or a Kolpak nation.

3. If the player is from a Kolpak nation such as Samoa or Tonga.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived