On 8/13/2018 at 4:13 PM, Graham said:

After this weekend Roosters v Sharks grand final is conceivable, with Roosters taking it.

Ever thought of trying for a career in stand-up comedy, Graham? :biggrin:

You mean to say to wouldn't like that scenario?

As for a joke... maybe you'd prefer this:

cs.JPG.a9f2134380fb559eaf6dadab583ee757.JPG

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tigers can still make the top 8, they just have to win four of their last two games...

• Haha 1

They only need the 2 wins but they need Broncos or wWarriors to have 2 losses AND they need the margins to go their way.

Current +/-

Broncos   +10

Warriors  +1

Tigers  -44

I can't see any of these teams having big wins in the last 2 games so it should stay the same, although the NZers could easily swap places with Horsies.

My Tip:

5th: Sharks

6. Panthers

7. Warriors

8. Broncos

I have never been less certain with one full regular season round of the season left of who I think will be in the GF.

Every team in the 8 has the potential to do one over any other team in the 8. We really are heading into a tight finals series. I doubt there has been any tighter in the history of the top 8.

Tigers are gone, will finish 9th.

On current form Sharks, Broncos and Warriors are teams that could go a long way in the finals.

Roosters and Rabbitohs have dipped, but can't be taken lightly.

I'd have gone fully with Storm, the only reservation goes with the injuries they've picked up.

Panthers look to have lost there way - thanks go to Gus.

Maybe Dragons will sneak right through then ... A good open finals comp in prospectthen

RANK   TEAM TO WIN P PTS
  1 MjU4MjAxODE4fGN4by5hfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzgweDYwLzU1MDE1LnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3xlMDU1MmVl STORM $4.25 23 34
  2 MjU4MjAxODE4fGN4by5hfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzgweDYwLzU1MDEzLnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3xlMDU1MmVl ROOSTERS $3.50 23 32
  3 MjU4MjAxODE4fGN4by5hfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzgweDYwLzU1MDE3LnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3xlMDU1MmVl RABBITOHS $4.75 23 32
  4 MjU4MjAxODE4fGN4by5hfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzgweDYwLzU1MDEyLnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3xlMDU1MmVl DRAGONS $15.00 22 30
  5 MjU4MjAxODE4fGN4by5hfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzgweDYwLzU1MDA2LnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3xlMDU1MmVl SHARKS $8.00 22 30
  6 MjU4MjAxODE4fGN4by5hfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzgweDYwLzU1MDExLnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3xlMDU1MmVl PANTHERS $34.00 23 30
  7 MjU4MjAxODE4fGN4by5hfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzgweDYwLzU1MDE2LnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3xlMDU1MmVl BRONCOS $13.00 23 30
  8 MjU4MjAxODE4fGN4by5hfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzgweDYwLzU1MDAzLnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3xlMDU1MmVl WARRIORS $17.00 23 30

Everyone saying its a closer than usual comp this are missing a point in that Storm have not played consistently well this season and will probably win the minor premiership despite that, but it doesn't guarantee them a GF place or even a GF win unless they can step up to the next level at this time of year!

Storm to win the Minor Premiership looks to be right.

The sudden cluster of injuries at this timethe season has thrown the finals wide open

Of course if they can make Week 3 then they could be all set.

Having said that they have lost to Sharks and Rabbitohs (thanks Blotto) recently  which counterbalances that somewhat.

Edited by Graham
Swapped Roosters for Rabbitohs to correct mistake

19 hours ago, Graham said:

Storm to win the Minor Premiership looks to be right.

The sudden cluster of injuriesat this timethe season has thrown the finals wide open

Of course if they can if they can make Week 3 then they could be all set.

Having said that they have lost to Sharks and Roosters recently  which counterbalances that somewhat.

I Think you meant the Rabbitohs

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I Think you meant the Rabbitohs

Indeed i did Blotto, thanks.

Edited by Graham

So with 1 game left, here's how it stands:   http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-30/nrl-final-round-top-eight-permutations/10181952

Melbourne Storm

Current position — 1st, 34 points

Highest possible position — 1st

Lowest possible position — 4th

Round 25 opponent — Penrith Panthers (Friday)

Sydney Roosters

Current position — 2nd, 32 points

Lowest possible position — 8th

Round 25 opponent — Paramatta Eels (Saturday)

South Sydney Rabbitohs

Current position - 3rd, 32 points

Highest possible position - 1st

Lowest possible position - 8th

Round 25 opponent - West Tigers (Thursday)

Cronulla Sharks

Current position — 4th, 32 points

Round 25 opponent — Penrith Panthers

Penrith Panthers

Current position — 5th, 30 points

Highest possible position — 2nd

Round 25 opponent — Melbourne Storm (Friday)

St George-Illawarra Dragons

Current position — 6th, 30 points

Round 25 opponent — Newcastle Knights (Saturday)

Brisbane Broncos

Current position — 7th, 30 points

Round 25 opponent — Manly Sea Eagles (Sunday)

New Zealand Warriors

Current position — 8th, 30 points

Round 25 opponent — Canberra Raiders (Friday)

In reality, though, here are the points differences - all +

Storm  179

Chooks  147

Souths 104

Cronulla 84

Panthers 50

St George  37

Brisbane 24

Warriors  21

So the Storm would need to lose AND by at least 16 pts AND the Roosters win by at least 16. Storm will be the Minor Premiers.

At the other end, everything is possible. With the patchy form of Panthers and St George, the Dragons could drop to 8th, giving the Broncos a home final.  There's no rain forecast for Auckland so the NZers might run up a big score but, given they have nothing to worry about, the Raiders may also put on 50. Warriors to finish 8th, no matter what the results are.

Well Souths have put fifty(1) on improving by their points difference by 41.

So some of the above scenarios could work out.

I can't see the top 4 changing.

For Bunnies to finish 1st:   Storm would have to lose by 33 AND Chooks would have to lose.

If Chooks beat Earls by even 1pt they finish second  UNLESS Storm lose by 32 AND Chooks win by 1 OR Storm lose by 1 and Chooks win by 32.

Roosters could easily score 40pts but I don't think the Storm will lose and certainly not by a lot.

Sharks need a 60+-point win to move up further than 4th.

According o Farmduck Panthers play Storm and Sharks in Rd 25  If that's the case I hope we play them second!😉 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

According o Farmduck Panthers play Storm and Sharks in Rd 25  If that's the case I hope we play them second!😉 

I noticed that last night but I was too lazy to change it. I copy/pasted that from the ABC site. I guess I didn't notice the error because I was so shocked that the ABC would devote that much space to an NRL article midweek.

Week 1 Finals

• Like 2

While disappointed at Storm missing out on the MP the main positive we get the Bunnies instead of the Piranhas who have a tendency to be even more gnarly than usual at finals time and Storm do seem to find them a bogey side of recent times, the Chooks can have the pleasure of getting past them!

I never can get my head around teams playing all season for a home final then getting it took off them . This rule about playing in certain massive stadia is crazy and negates the advantage you’ve earned . Penrith should play at Penrith with a packed crowd behind them , there’ll be no more at 80000 soulless ANZ . Teams like dragons , wests etc would get dudded by this rule  but others who play at the bigger grounds get their home turf . You could even get nominal home advantage and have to go a side who’s home ground that is !

• Like 3