Sign in to follow this  
Manfred Mann

Tuimoala Lolohea may be coming to Super League

3 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Is that a rumour only in north Leeds? Haven't the people of south Leeds heard it yet?

Sandow could only be brought in on a one year trial, with preseason conditioning and discipline being mandatory.

It hasn’t reached the echelons of east Leeds yet

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Can’t see Ferres staying 

He has been a little bit of a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

He has been a little bit of a disaster. 

Don’t think ‘little’ is the right adjective to describe him 😉

Pretty sure Leeds signed him on a 3 year deal so this is his final year. I’d be surprised if they kept him on. I’d imagine he’s on a hefty salary. Could be quite a bit of turnover as I reckon it could be Delaney’s last year and Ablett seems destined to go

Edited by DoubleD
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Pretty sure Leeds signed him on a 3 year deal so this is his final year. I’d be surprised if they kept him on. I’d imagine he’s on a hefty salary. Could be quite a bit of turnover as I reckon it could be Delaney’s last year and Ablett seems destined to go

Yep moon probably going too, have to wonder if JJb wants to go around again, Galloway already gone, cap up 100k this year and 100k next. 

Should be some money to spend. 

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Yep moon probably going too, have to wonder if JJb wants to go around again, Galloway already gone, cap up 100k this year and 100k next. 

Should be some money to spend. 

You’d hope they spend it wisely. Leeds usually plan and prepare well in advance for signings so I’m slightly concerned no one has been announced. It seems there’s quite a lot of internal rumblings. 

I think JJB will go again, he’s been good this year. Really need them to tie down Hall

14 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Do you watch much Super League?

Yes I watch a bit of Super League Last full game I watched was Catalans Vs Castleford. Tui Lolohea's defense at its best is OK for Super League at worst is Not and both extremes can occur in the same game.

Edited by kiwis 13 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

You’d hope they spend it wisely. Leeds usually plan and prepare well in advance for signings so I’m slightly concerned no one has been announced. It seems there’s quite a lot of internal rumblings. 

I think JJB will go again, he’s been good this year. Really need them to tie down Hall

Tui's signing now official, I think he'll be a good signing for us and has pace which we are lacking at the moment.

Confirmed to Leeds, very happy with his signing. Not an out and out organing half but still levels above moon in that regard. Devastating footwork and pace and when on form he's electric. Cant believe we'v signed him to be honest, thought players like him and Austin would have good offers from NRL clubs and certainly didnt think we'd be in the running to bring him over.

Very exciting signing to watch in SL along with Austin 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Very exciting signing to watch in SL along with Austin 

There have been quite a few good signings for SL next year, seems like there are more quality/In their prime players than there have been in previous years

• Like 1

Rumours are cheap but some Canberra fans are saying he was offered 2.4 million over three years by Canberra, what are Warrington paying?

450,00 pounds a year? surely not.

Edited by Allora

1 minute ago, Allora said:

Rumours are cheap but some Canberra fans are saying he was offered 2.4 million over three years, what are Warrington paying?

Surely not

450,00 pounds a year

Is he their Marquee signing?

3 minutes ago, Moove said:

Good player. Should go well in the Championship next season

What is your point? I seriously doubt that Widnes or Salford could afford him, or that he would choose to try to further his career by playing for Widnes or Salford, or Leigh for that matter.

13 minutes ago, Allora said:

Rumours are cheap but some Canberra fans are saying he was offered 2.4 million over three years by Canberra, what are Warrington paying?

The $2.4m I saw was over 4 years, but if Canberra were prepared to pay that, why wouldn't Warrington?

Tackles like a revolving door!  Hardly a "marquee signing"...  Still Leeds need to do something to halt the downward spiral and he might just perform better in SL than he did in his few NRL appearances.

What's happened to the youth coming through at Leeds?

15 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Tackles like a revolving door!  Hardly a "marquee signing"...  Still Leeds need to do something to halt the downward spiral and he might just perform better in SL than he did in his few NRL appearances.

It's still coming through,with a great group of players moving up into next year's 19's .

Not every year can produce the required amount of talent.

It happens at every club.

I think  people expect it to happen every year at Leeds because of the "Golden Generation"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Pretty sure Leeds signed him on a 3 year deal so this is his final year. I’d be surprised if they kept him on. I’d imagine he’s on a hefty salary. 

He's out of contract after next season not this.

He signed for one year initially then halfway through 2016 they announced the full three years.

Given the nature  of his signing and the transfer fee paid by Leeds there was something going on with that initial deal, either Leeds managing the salary cap to accommodate him in 2016 with normal salary kicking in the following year or maybe some sort of sale or return deal with Hudds in case he didn't fit in.

42 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

I think  people expect it to happen every year at Leeds because of the "Golden Generation"

Probably right there...

Do you think because of the quality in the past, that they've not been as switched on with the "future"?

Seems like there is a fairly big gap?

14 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Probably right there...

Do you think because of the quality in the past, that they've not been as switched on with the "future"?

Seems like there is a fairly big gap?

Partly, but it also depends on the quality of  players in the junior game.Some years are better than others and sometimes players don't kick on as expected.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

3 hours ago, Allora said:

No rumour, it was 2.4 million according to aus press over 4 years.

No idea how much Warrington are paying him but it’s probably a little bit more over 3 years which surely will make him the highest paid player in SL history.   Not sure if he’ll be that much better than his SL counterparts but if we can afford it then hey-ho, bring it on.   He’ll add some showmanship to the HJ for sure.

I doubt Leeds have hedged that much money on Lolohea but if he’s their marquee and can get him fighting fit, he too could bring a spark to this league.   It’s lost that fizz it had in the 2000s.

Edited by Desert Skipper

1 hour ago, Roy Boy said:

Who has said he's a marquee signing?

As it happens, the youth coming through at Leeds at the moment is a very talented group, most of them not quite ready but there will be some outstanding players coming through in the next few seasons. We've had Walker, Smith and Oledski progress this year and Newman will be the next to break into the first team squad IMO

Edited by Chrispmartha

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Who has said he's a marquee signing?

Who signs a half back to tackle?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Who signs a half back to tackle?

Oh yes - how stupid of me! 😂😂