Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

It's just been raining in Hull...

A few minutes of rain and a rather piffling amount of thunder here in London, but the temperature's certainly dropped 4-5 degrees, which is a plus.

What the hell is happening out there! It's like November!

• Like 1

Just watching the Ride London event on the telly. Bet the riders are really chuffed. The best summer in decades and they end up doing it in the pouring rain.

On 7/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, Futtocks said:

A few minutes of rain and a rather piffling amount of thunder here in London, but the temperature's certainly dropped 4-5 degrees, which is a plus.

The epic thunderstorm over the KCOM on Friday was quite a spectacle.

The devil worshipping Marfleet marsh dwellers in the North Stand watched in open mouthed wonder.

2 hours ago, tim2 said:

What the hell is happening out there! It's like November!

Same here, in St Helens.  We only had a couple of rumbles of thunder yesterday but we have had a few serious rain 'showers' and a gale force wind blowing for about 24 hours.  I did want a break from the relentless heat, even if we did enjoy a rain shower before many up north, but this isn't really what I had in mind!  I'm wearing jeans and a long sleeved top for the first time in about three months!  

49 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Same here, in St Helens.  We only had a couple of rumbles of thunder yesterday but we have had a few serious rain 'showers' and a gale force wind blowing for about 24 hours.  I did want a break from the relentless heat, even if we did enjoy a rain shower before many up north, but this isn't really what I had in mind!  I'm wearing jeans and a long sleeved top for the first time in about three months!  

I shall be defying the weather gods and venturing forth in t-shirt and shorts.

Although the waterfront in Hull is not the wisest place to do your weather god defying.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

Just watching the Ride London event on the telly. Bet the riders are really chuffed. The best summer in decades and they end up doing it in the pouring rain.

They'd certainly regret taking part if the weather was still like Friday afternoon.

It's nice and grey in London today, and I'm loving it! Two really good nights' sleep (for a change) has bucked me up no end.

Edited by Futtocks

4 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Same here, in St Helens. 

Except in St Helens it's like November 1973

4 hours ago, tim2 said:

Except in St Helens it's like November 1973

I wish.  If it was then we would still have a thriving employment market with a diverse range of jobs and loads of shops.  The town centre would also be quite pretty as I'm sure that was the time when Pilkington built a fountain for the town centre and there were flowers and seats everywhere, crime was low and there was a real sense of community.

8 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I wish.  If it was then we would still have a thriving employment market with a diverse range of jobs and loads of shops.  The town centre would also be quite pretty as I'm sure that was the time when Pilkington built a fountain for the town centre and there were flowers and seats everywhere, crime was low and there was a real sense of community.

Was that the era when you could still regularly see wild unicorns in Clock Face?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Was that the era when you could still regularly see wild unicorns in Clock Face?

That must have been before my time.

Its like tropical conditions. Lovely and warm for most of the day, then 25/30 mins of absolute utter downpour around 7/8ish then back to warm again. Makes watching the T20 at Headingley a pain!