Sign in to follow this  
NickWeaver

July 28th vs. Featherstone Rovers

Cheers Canuck!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Canuck said:

Argyle is a pretty fun guy! I end up chatting with him most weeks before the game and he's always got a joke or funny story to share. That's really cool with the shirts! I look forward to seeing all three once the collection is complete, though I still think the sponsor name on the Batley one could be a good inside joke name for you somehow!(that's the story I'm sticking with since I didn't catch the name lettering right away). Glad to hear you'll be back in proper uniform next week!

The Gallant Youths isn't a sponsor. It's the original nickname of Batley.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

The Gallant Youths isn't a sponsor. It's the original nickname of Batley.

Thanks! I won't forget that now :)

Hey Rob, there’s a block of four pictures on the TWP twitter account featuring the visit of Batley and I think, though not positive, that you are in the background in the last picture. 

2 minutes ago, The Canuck said:

Thanks! I won't forget that now :)

Another Batley fact. They were the first ever winners of the Challenge Cup.

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Another Batley fact. They were the first ever winners of the Challenge Cup.

I did know that! I spent Saturday morning sharing rugby league trivia in the spirit of the heritage game and one of my questions was something like "What year was the first Challenge Cup and who won it?". I'll be holding onto that Gallant Youths one for future use.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Hey Rob, there’s a block of four pictures on the TWP twitter account featuring the visit of Batley and I think, though not positive, that you are in the background in the last picture. 

yep just saw it, my wife and I,  great time we had...and as you can see I'm not letting go of that Batley shirt!!!

• Like 2

Soooo good to finally give Quinn a run out!! Can't wait to see him play. 

A buddy from work is going for his first game this weekend so it's going to be a special treat for him....a bit jealous 

• Like 1

Here's hoping that Quinn goes over for a try...can't wait to see him in action.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickWeaver said:

Nothing can go wrong with a 12:00 happy hour.

It will be interesting to see how many fans Featherstone bring.

Edited by ojx

got this off Fev site

Squad for TWP: Ian Hardman, Shaun Robinson, Misi Taulapapa, Anthony Thackeray, Scott Wheeldon, Keal Carlile, Richard Moore, John Davies, James Lockwood, Matty Wildie, Luke Cooper, Jason Walton, Josh Hardcastle, Brad Knowles, Sam Brooks, James Thornton, Aaron Smith, Dakota Whylie, Josh Walters.

thank heavens  -they're bringing a full roster!     

now all we need is a dry afternooon...a great game from the boys..and a try from Quinn..!.

Providing nobody got turned back, I know that Fev fans are asking that same question will only know once they are there and info starts leaking out, I do hope they get a full squad.

12 hours ago, RobertAM said:

got this off Fev site

Squad for TWP: Ian Hardman, Shaun Robinson, Misi Taulapapa, Anthony Thackeray, Scott Wheeldon, Keal Carlile, Richard Moore, John Davies, James Lockwood, Matty Wildie, Luke Cooper, Jason Walton, Josh Hardcastle, Brad Knowles, Sam Brooks, James Thornton, Aaron Smith, Dakota Whylie, Josh Walters.

now all we need is a dry afternooon...a great game from the boys..and a try from Quinn..!.

No Gareth Hock? Surprised, not.

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

No Gareth Hock? Surprised, not.

3 match ban. Very unlike him.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fevtom said:

3 match ban. Very unlike him.

Oops!I didn’t realise. :ninja:

Edited by deluded pom?

On 7/26/2018 at 6:12 PM, RobertAM said:

got this off Fev site

Well Josh Walters never made the flight.  Was on the bench for Leeds last night, long after the bird was airborne.

Some doubt over whether Knowles and Thornton made it through, there's been no photographic evidence of them being on Canadian soil.  A mate on the flight saw them, but they haven't been seen since.

We could well be looking at a 16 man effort.  

I had a rush of blood to the head earlier and had a small wager on Fev winning, which probably guarantees a handsome Toronto win, such is my luck.

24 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Well Josh Walters never made the flight.  Was on the bench for Leeds last night, long after the bird was airborne.

Some doubt over whether Knowles and Thornton made it through, there's been no photographic evidence of them being on Canadian soil.  A mate on the flight saw them, but they haven't been seen since.

We could well be looking at a 16 man effort.  

I had a rush of blood to the head earlier and had a small wager on Fev winning, which probably guarantees a handsome Toronto win, such is my luck.

Well at least your heart is in the right spot!...heading down to the game now...possible showers.

25 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well at least your heart is in the right spot!...heading down to the game now...possible showers.

Have a good day, at least until kick off!

Wish I was there.  The selfish part of me hopes you fall apart in the 8s, just so I've a reason to go next year!

• Like 1

It's a good experience David Shepherd.

No rain forecast now..22-23 degrees...off to 3B in an hour for pregame brunch n bevvies and meet up with our gang of 14...can't wait to see the Mighty Quinn on the field and another bunch of Yorkies in the form of Fev Rovers...party on everyone!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

No rain forecast now..22-23 degrees...off to 3B in an hour for pregame brunch n bevvies and meet up with our gang of 14...can't wait to see the Mighty Quinn on the field and another bunch of Yorkies in the form of Fev Rovers...party on everyone!!

I expect you to lead the singing of “Mighty Quinn” Rob.

Come on without, come on within, 

You’ll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.