Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

13-15 Jul: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

Friday 13th July :

Keughley Cougars v Oldham RLFC KO 8:00pm

Saturday 14th July :

London Skolars v York City Knights KO 3:00pm

Sunday 15th July :

Doncaster RLFC v West  Wales Raiders RL KO 1:00pm

Hunslet RLFC v Bradford Bulls KO 1:00pm

Workington Town v Whitehaven RLFC KO 1:30pm

Newcastle Thunder v North Wales Crusaders KO 2:00pm

Coventry Bears v Hemel Stags KO 2:00pm

Edited by Old Frightful

24 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

Friday 13th July :

Keughley Cougars v Oldham RLFC KO 8:00pm                              Saturday                                           London Skolars v York City Knights K.O. 3pm

Sunday 15th July :

Doncaster RLFC v West  Wales Raiders RL KO 1:00pm

Hunslet RLFC v Bradford Bulls KO 1:00pm

Workington Town v Whitehaven RLFC KO 1:30pm

Newcastle Thunder v North Wales Crusaders KO 2:00pm

Coventry Bears v Hemel Stags KO 2:00pm

Wins for Oldham, York, Doncaster,  Bradford, Workington, Newcastle, Coventry.

Edited by spanishknight

22 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

:blush:

Profuse apologies, amended now.

Thanks for pointing it out. :good:

4 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Correct apart from Thunder, Cru will have 'em :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wilsontown said:

I think Hunslet might just do Bradford over. It would put the cat among the pigeons if they did.

I think you may be dreaming, but it will probably be a closer game than a lot of Bradford's ;)

It's a game Bradford are going to have to go out and win as Hunslet certainly aren't going to give it away. Should be a good game.

26 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

It's a game Bradford are going to have to go out and win as Hunslet certainly aren't going to give it away. Should be a good game.

Our draw loss to them t'other week was a good game, some of their pack are very good.

I should point out that the Doncaster game is being hosted at the LD Nutrition Stadium,in Featherstone,should any neutrals wish to attend the game.I don't expect any Featherstone followers to cheer on an expansion side,though.

The all change venue and the all change ko time will hopefully lead to an all change result for a,presumably,all change WWR side - as is usual week to week,and game to game,especially with 2 signings due to be announced,this week.

With the same referee as there was when West Wales Raiders played at Bootham Crescent,it is an opportunity for the change in personnel,and those who played that day,to impress the referee and those who view the game;in particular the fella in Australia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I should point out that the Doncaster game is being hosted at the LD Nutrition Stadium,in Featherstone,should any neutrals wish to attend the game.I don't expect any Featherstone followers to cheer on an expansion side,though.

The all change venue and the all change ko time will hopefully lead to an all change result for a,presumably,all change WWR side - as is usual week to week,and game to game,especially with 2 signings due to be announced,this week.

With the same referee as there was when West Wales Raiders played at Bootham Crescent,it is an opportunity for the change in personnel,and those who played that day,to impress the referee and those who view the game;in particular the fella in Australia.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Keighley Cougars 10-32 Oldham 

London Skolars 10-40 York City Knights 

Doncaster RLFC 86-0 West Wales Raiders 

Hunslet 14-32 Bradford Bulls 

Workington Town 28-18 Whitehaven 

Newcastle Thunder 30-14 North Wales Crusaders 

Coventry Bears 34-20 Hemel Stags 

Some interesting matches, York's attack has been misfiring of late but should have enough to win at London.

Hunslet haven't been great lately - wins over Coventry (40-16) and London (37-30) weren't exactly walkovers, they had a good win against Oldham, then a draw/win ( 😉 ) at North Wales followed by a defeat at Workington. Think if Whitehaven lose at Workington they'll struggle to make the playoffs. Coventry - Hemel looks an interesting one.

Keighley Cougars 12-30 Oldham 

London Skolars 12-50 York City Knights 

Doncaster RLFC 90-0 West Wales Raiders 

Hunslet 12-28 Bradford Bulls 

Workington Town 21-10 Whitehaven 

Newcastle Thunder 34-18 North Wales Crusaders 

Coventry Bears 33-20 Hemel Stags 

Oldham, York, Doncaster, Bradford, Whithaven,Crusaders, Coventry,  

Cru v Thunder, think will be realy close game, hope CRU by 6

7 minutes ago, swann5 said:

Oldham, York, Doncaster, Bradford, Whithaven,Crusaders, Coventry,  

Cru v Thunder, think will be realy close game, hope CRU by 6

Are you down for that one??

Yes train booked , but had to change ticket when kick off changed but ok now, you all goin strait to ground or a pub?.

Edited by swann5

23 hours ago, wilsontown said:

I think Hunslet might just do Bradford over. It would put the cat among the pigeons if they did.

The Hunslet game is the second of three in a row against the top sides (Thunder, Hunslet then York).  If we do lose then absolutely the cat will be among the pigeons.  I think it will be a tough game with the Bulls just coming out winners.  Looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, FearNothing said:

Dunno...dad hasn't said what the plan is off the bus.

Ok

5 hours ago, Konkrete said:

The Hunslet game is the second of three in a row against the top sides (Thunder, Hunslet then York).  If we do lose then absolutely the cat will be among the pigeons.  I think it will be a tough game with the Bulls just coming out winners.  Looking forward to it.

Have to say I feel our chances are even better with James Green being available and Callum Bustin signing a permanent contract at the club. I get the feeling that they are planning for next year. Things are definitely looking up.

3 hours ago, Bulliac said:

Have to say I feel our chances are even better with James Green being available and Callum Bustin signing a permanent contract at the club. I get the feeling that they are planning for next year. Things are definitely looking up.

Cant see Bulls losing another game this season.

Going to be an interesting game Bears vs Hemel. I feel that Hemel have been a bit unfortunate with some results and have put in some good performances this year and come away with nothing. On the other hand the Bears beat Skolars last week and have been playing well over the last month or so. I expect a Bears win but its sure to be a great game. 

While realistic about our chances against York, Skolar fans are expecting a much more disciplined and focused performance. Patience is running out to be honest. 

Otherwise Oldham, Doncaster, Bulls, Town, Thunder and just maybe Hemel.