Sign in to follow this  
DoubleD

Italian job beckons for North West Lionhearts

Kick-off delayed. 

+ Italian referee, tomorrow.

I should be able to receive pictures from the first games and few hours. I will post them here asap. 

Big score but will give your coaches an idea of what needs to be done to get thinks moving in the right direction .

16 hours ago, henage said:

Big score but will give your coaches an idea of what needs to be done to get thinks moving in the right direction .

Let's hope.

Unfortunately, lots of good players couldn't make themselves available for these games. But several young players were used so maybe it's a worthwhile experience for next events [see the u19 Euros].

Of course nobody likes losing, especially by those margins.

• Like 1

I have written an article about the tour. 
You can find it here.

It's in Italian of course but Google Translate can help, if you can't read Italian. 
Planning to write something similar in the build up of the 19s Euros, by the way, in English. 

+

The album from the 2nd game ⤵

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ItaliaRugbyLeague/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1754214131298559

Another tough game, the Lionhearts close their Sicilian tour conceding 0 points to Sicilian and Italian attack. 
The final score is 0-66. 

I couldn't fly to Sicily due to working reasons, but I was told we could have scored this time but wasted at least 3 or 4 good chances. 
Lessons to learn and several young players involved, building on the 19s euros [where Italy will face a very strong French side]. 
Not a big fan of the pride in defeat attitude, but it is possible to work with this very groud of players.
Well done to the English, whose tour was simply perfect. According to their social media, they really enjoyed the Catania facilties, the city and also visited the Etna. Sicily can be very beautiful in the summer.