Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

What will it take?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

And yet he still probably is collecting his contractual wages!!  ... with an injured toe!!!!   Many players play with injuries .. Is he really injured?? .... or Is he sulking (for whatever reason ) ... is he collecting his contractual wages?? .... If he is... its .... well I can't say what I really think on here as I would have to censor myself!!  I hope he is truly injured and might recover in time to give us the impetus and quality that we will need from all our contracted players to survive relegation! ...... just my thoughts and opinion!

Yes he's still collecting his contractual money because unfortunately no matter what we think he's entitled to it.

If only we'd have listened to what Batley, Fev and Halifax fan's where saying when we offered him that 2yr contract,isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Yes he's still collecting his contractual money because unfortunately no matter what we think he's entitled to it.

If only we'd have listened to what Batley, Fev and Halifax fan's where saying when we offered him that 2yr contract,isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

I'm surprised he hasn't put himself forward for selection against the dogs, in order to impress them enough for them to want to sign him. Batley is, after all, his spiritual home, and the only club to truly appreciate him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the contract says a player must be paid when not playing, you would think that the club would have a clause indicating no pay if he is "pulling a fast one", but it is our club so we probably didn't think anybody would "pull a fast one". Then again, how do you determine if a player is skiving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon we swop Gareth Moore for      1 petrol strimmer

3 rakes

20 bin liners

1 gallon of petrol

For the volunteers aka working party. 

Edited by coolie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I'm surprised he hasn't put himself forward for selection against the dogs, in order to impress them enough for them to want to sign him. Batley is, after all, his spiritual home, and the only club to truly appreciate him.

How can you appreciate someone who treats your club like ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coolie said:

I reckon we swop Gareth Moore for      1 petrol strimmer

3 rakes

20 bin liners

1 gallon of petrol

For the volunteers aka working party. 

I reckon you have priced yourself out of the market there Coolie.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I reckon you have priced yourself out of the market there Coolie.

OK... And yes a little ambitious 

I'll revise the deal

1 petrol strimmer

10 bin liners

2 racks

And 2 litres of petrol

;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd had a thought that we could use him to cut the grass, but if he does it as fast as he runs, it will be like painting the Forth Bridge, by the time he has finished, it will be time to start again. 

 

Only kidding if you read this Deano! ;)

Edited by DOGFATHER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. I know that a number of the players read this forum so they must really be looking forward to picking up an injury then reading the speculation about themselves. Has NK said there is an issue with GM?

Now that Rob Spicer, what a skiver!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t help the club doesn’t release injury news on players leads to this speculation. I know one thing we are a far better side with a fully firing GM in the team 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

How can you appreciate someone who treats your club like ?

He was the best thing since sliced bread when he was playing for them - course he's become rubbish since. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm

So the last 2 people with initials GM

Have had stick from the fan's 

 

Can't wait for 

Greg Minikin & Gregg McNally to sign

So we can rip into them ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

He was the best thing since sliced bread when he was playing for them - course he's become rubbish since. :D

he hasn't become rubbish....he just tends to go awol....or throws the dummy out....

Edited by RPH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nice. I know that a number of the players read this forum so they must really be looking forward to picking up an injury then reading the speculation about themselves. Has NK said there is an issue with GM?

Now that Rob Spicer, what a skiver!

I only go on what a few of the players tell me 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nice. I know that a number of the players read this forum so they must really be looking forward to picking up an injury then reading the speculation about themselves. Has NK said there is an issue with GM?

Now that Rob Spicer, what a skiver!

Well if he IS reading this then "Get well soon soon Gaz - we need you on the pitch, showing commitment to the cause and your undoubted talent ". If he isn't reading this, will somebody pass it on, because we need a decent HB on the pitch any day soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I only go on what a few of the players tell me 😉

You should hear what some of your mates say about you!

🤣🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Well if he IS reading this then "Get well soon soon Gaz - we need you on the pitch, showing commitment to the cause and your undoubted talent ". If he isn't reading this, will somebody pass it on, because we need a decent HB on the pitch any day soon.

I've just been talking to him and he'll be back for play offs, hopefully ☺

 

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You should hear what some of your mates say about you!

🤣🤣

Haha I can imagine 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Gareth Moore I the side we'd have won 3-4 more games and be on for 7th place. Being knocked out off the ball by the London Broncos thug didn't help. Hope he is back for the playoffs. He is the missing link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

With Gareth Moore I the side we'd have won 3-4 more games and be on for 7th place. Being knocked out off the ball by the London Broncos thug didn't help. Hope he is back for the playoffs. He is the missing link.

Strange I always thought Tranquilizer was the missing link and we haven't heard much from him lately, guess he's still got his tongue stuck in his banjo strings

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Strange I always thought Tranquilizer was the missing link and we haven't heard much from him lately, guess he's still got his tongue stuck in his banjo strings

Don't worry I'm sure he'll be back at some point Sunday evening with his well thought out assessment of the game 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Batley generously gifting us the points yesterday (they lost the game, we didn't win it - I know this because it says so on their forum) the calculations take on a slightly different slant. We now look likely to finish 9th, meaning that we should be facing Barrow, Swinton and whoever finishes 6th (Fev?) at home with the remainder away. Two wins from these fixtures should suffice to guarantee survival for another season; three would be even better.

Something that I was unaware of is that, according to Mark Sawyer's comments in yesterday's programme, there will be no semi-final play-offs for the plate with the top two teams simply going straight into the final. Given the points spread in the league this will mean that the teams finishing in 5th and 6th place won't be caught. This could have serious implications for those clubs battling against relegation as these two teams might well choose to rest certain players in "dead rubber" games.

We live in interesting times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks to Batley generously gifting us the points yesterday (they lost the game, we didn't win it - I know this because it says so on their forum) the calculations take on a slightly different slant. We now look likely to finish 9th, meaning that we should be facing Barrow, Swinton and whoever finishes 6th (Fev?) at home with the remainder away. Two wins from these fixtures should suffice to guarantee survival for another season; three would be even better.

Something that I was unaware of is that, according to Mark Sawyer's comments in yesterday's programme, there will be no semi-final play-offs for the plate with the top two teams simply going straight into the final. Given the points spread in the league this will mean that the teams finishing in 5th and 6th place won't be caught. This could have serious implications for those clubs battling against relegation as these two teams might well choose to rest certain players in "dead rubber" games.

We live in interesting times.

The top two will be whomever finished in 5th and 6th. Leigh and Fev are 16 points clear already before the final weekend. Worst case is they will be 14 points clear plus a massive points difference advantage. So pretty much 7 pointless games for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Something that I was unaware of is that, according to Mark Sawyer's comments in yesterday's programme, there will be no semi-final play-offs for the plate with the top two teams simply going straight into the final. Given the points spread in the league this will mean that the teams finishing in 5th and 6th place won't be caught. This could have serious implications for those clubs battling against relegation as these two teams might well choose to rest certain players in "dead rubber" games.

We live in interesting times. 

Has that been confirmed anywhere BSJ? 'Asking for a friend...' 😧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Has that been confirmed anywhere BSJ? 'Asking for a friend...' 😧

It was news to me LM. I only read the comments in yesterday's programme and can't find any other verification.

On the other hand trying to find out competition structures in our game can be a work of art. It took me ages to dig out the eights matrix for a start.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The top two will be whomever finished in 5th and 6th. Leigh and Fev are 16 points clear already before the final weekend. Worst case is they will be 14 points clear plus a massive points difference advantage. So pretty much 7 pointless games for them.

Pretty well, except the highest placed team will stage the final I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday