Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

What will it take?

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Has that been confirmed anywhere BSJ? 'Asking for a friend...' 😧

47 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It was news to me LM. I only read the comments in yesterday's programme and can't find any other verification.

On the other hand trying to find out competition structures in our game can be a work of art. It took me ages to dig out the eights matrix for a start.

The only thing that appears to show how things work is here http://media.rugby-league.com/docs/2018_Structure_v3.pdf

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

55 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The only thing that appears to show how things work is here http://media.rugby-league.com/docs/2018_Structure_v3.pdf

That does seem to be a solid indication of no semi final then. Given it's one weekend less than last season's Shield then presumably this will mean no fixtures on Bank Holiday weekend.

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That does seem to be a solid indication of no semi final then. Given it's one weekend less than last season's Shield then presumably this will mean no fixtures on Bank Holiday weekend.

I'd have thought there'd be a full set of fixtures that weekend....last regular season games w/e 28-29th July, week off 4-5th Aug, R1 11-12th, R2 18-19th, R3 25-27th (BH w/e - all fixtures BH Mon last year), R4 1st-2nd Sept, R5 8-9th, R6 15-16th, R7 22nd-23rd, Final 29-30th?

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd have thought there'd be a full set of fixtures that weekend....last regular season games w/e 28-29th July, week off 4-5th Aug, R1 11-12th, R2 18-19th, R3 25-27th (BH w/e - all fixtures BH Mon last year), R4 1st-2nd Sept, R5 8-9th, R6 15-16th, R7 22nd-23rd, Final 29-30th?

Last year's final was the same day as £1m Game so I expect this year would be 6th October and leave the Bank Holiday weekend blank to encourage people to attend Wembley.

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Thanks.

Martyn Sadler in todays LE implied that this will be the format - 1st v 2nd in the final, no semi-finals.