Hall to Roosters (Merged threads)

1 hour ago, Southstander13 said:

If he plays on the left (as he has at Leeds) he'll be outside Latrell Mitchell, that's some combo! Particularly when you have Cooper Cronk feeding you and James Tedesco chiming in to the line too? I think he'll be fine!

On paper he is replacing a right side Winger in Ferguson.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

People were dismissing Halls tries against France. The point he was making was that nobody does that with Rooneys goals. So the fact France RL are better than San Marino proves his point. 

The same could be said for Muralitharan of Sri Lanka and Shane Warne as leading test wicket takers.

Muralitharan took 176 of his wickets against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, whilst Warne only took 17 in 3 tests. 

Yet no one discredits Muralitharan as the leading test wicket taker.

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I think the big thing in all this is who the coach is at the Roosters. Trent Robinson will know Hall well from his time in SL, so will know exactly what he's getting and will have done his research. It won't be done on a whim and therefore that would give me confidence (and should Hall too) that it will be a success. Having a coach who backs you is one of the key factors as to whether you'll likely be a success or not.

wouldn't surprise me if he went to Brisbane.  Bennett has seen plenty of him to make the most informed decision of all NRL clubs.

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

wouldn't surprise me if he went to Brisbane.  Bennett has seen plenty of him to make the most informed decision of all NRL clubs.

It does seem Brisbane is another option, and obviously Bennett knows Hall so the same applies. Although how long Bennett will remain at Brisbane is another matter!

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

It does seem Brisbane is another option, and obviously Bennett knows Hall so the same applies. Although how long Bennett will remain at Brisbane is another matter!

Cant see him moving before he want to, but wish the Aussies wouldn't pinch these old crocks from SL.

3 hours ago, bobbruce said:

People were dismissing Halls tries against France. The point he was making was that nobody does that with Rooneys goals. So the fact France RL are better than San Marino proves his point. 

Okay I get you..... My bad, I got the wrong end of the stick there... Thought he was discrediting Les Tricoles.... But he's not. All good..... 

Looks like there's going to be a sea change at Leeds and a lot of new players being bought in.

Good luck to Hall, can't fault his service to Leeds and England.

Like others, I feel he might just have left it too late.

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

when joe burgess joined the roosters he struggled with the pre/ early season heat over there, if hall does go I would suggest as early as poss to get acclimatised 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

41 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

when joe burgess joined the roosters he struggled with the pre/ early season heat over there, if hall does go I would suggest as early as poss to get acclimatised 

Can u tell us all what experience u have of playing top level sport, and then moving to the other side of the world to play at the elite level??? Interested to see what the level of time is enough to acclimatise and get used to it is. Roberts for Warrington as been here nearly a full season is he not acclimatised or is he home sick??? 

Hall is only 30 years old.  He comes across as a very good professional who takes care of himself and so he has a good few years left yet (Billy Slater has just won the Wally Lewis medal as best in Origin and he is 5 years older than Hall).

His game is very well suited to the NRL and I am very much looking forward to see how he goes.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

If only but unfortunately i think that's highly unlikely, Leeds have resigned Luke Briscoe for 2019 so you'd think he'd be given 5 or maybe move Golding to the wing with Walker at FB 

Gawd, I hope not

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

It’s really not that hot over there Johnny.   It’s been up to 31 degrees in the UK recently with high humidity and we played RL okay.   I’ve spent a lot of time in Aus and you rarely see that temperature at games.   If I had to guess I’d say the average temp was mid-twenties for a daytime game (admittedly the sun is very strong as there is usually little haze, cloud or precipitation) and only in Queensland do you get the humidity.

Australia is sunny and dry for sure, but we tend to have visions of 50 degree heat in the WA outback and remote shacks and corked hats...   it’s not really like that and is mostly a pleasant temp with strong unfiltered UV rays.

If pale n ginger James G can cope, then you’d hope tanned n toned Ryan H could too!

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

15 hours ago, rlno1 said:

The same could be said for Muralitharan of Sri Lanka and Shane Warne as leading test wicket takers.

Muralitharan took 176 of his wickets against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, whilst Warne only took 17 in 3 tests. 

Yet no one discredits Muralitharan as the leading test wicket taker.

I do. But not just for that - more because of his woeful record in Australia, and his bowling action, which wouldn't be allowed under the interpretation the ICC brought in conveniently straight after he retired. But anyway, getting off topic!

Ryan Hall will do well at the Sydney Roosters. Blake Ferguson is a big lad, but I think that Ryan Hall is stockier. With all the talent that he will be playing alongside, Hall will score lots of tries.

If he plays on the right wing he will create a nice clash with other big units on opposing left wings, such as Brisbane's Corey Oates, St George-Illawarra's Nene McDonald, and New Zealand' Warriors's Ken Maumalo. But will he be able to contain left wing speedsters like Melbourne's Josh Addo-Carr?

23 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Okay I get you..... My bad, I got the wrong end of the stick there... Thought he was discrediting Les Tricoles.... But he's not. All good..... 

Has a good record of scoring against Australia also, 6 tries in 9 games.

Let's not forget Brian Carney went to the NRL late in his career and did excellent, and only for two seasons I think it was. 

All the flops in the NRL lack the mental requirements, something Hall doesn't lack, having tons of experience. His out-and-out pace might get exposed by a few of the young speedsters over there, but he'll score plenty. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Let's not forget Brian Carney went to the NRL late in his career and did excellent, and only for two seasons I think it was. 

All the flops in the NRL lack the mental requirements, something Hall doesn't lack, having tons of experience. His out-and-out pace might get exposed by a few of the young speedsters over there, but he'll score plenty. 

would love him to do well, but I think nrl wingers do a lot more fast paced chasing back to help their own fb than ours do, think this is where he could struggle

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

would love him to do well, but I think nrl wingers do a lot more fast paced chasing back to help their own fb than ours do, think this is where he could struggle

Nah, watch Leeds regularly enough and you will see that Hall takes more than his fair share of carries early in the tackle count, whether that be scoots from deep in their own 20 or in good ball

1 minute ago, philipw said:

Nah, watch Leeds regularly enough and you will see that Hall takes more than his fair share of carries early in the tackle count, whether that be scoots from deep in their own 20 or in good ball

am talking about running back at speed to shut down the breaks out wide by the opposition ala - the morris twins

19 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Hall is a professional. If his coach tells him he needs to chase back faster then he will chase back faster.

I can't see this being the tipping point to his success or failure.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived