Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marklaspalmas

Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v London Sunday 22nd July 2018

Make no mistake London will be coming guns blazing knowing full well that they need to win that as daft as it sounds could work in our favour as long as we are composed and get through our sets we have the players to finish things off we are notorious for nicking results when the odds are stacked against us let’s hope Sunday’s one of them days

56 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Im sewing a big no6 into the back of my old linpac shirt..... just in case.....

Don’t forget the yellow paint and brush for Suggy to do the honours.Just in case the results favour us.?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Regarding half backs is Dwyer not available? If not I would play Thackery at scrum half and Hardcastle at stand off. What would your selection be?

Don’t think Dwyer will be coming back to us mate.

30 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Regarding half backs is Dwyer not available? If not I would play Thackery at scrum half and Hardcastle at stand off. What would your selection be?

I don’t think Dwyer will be selected after the argument with Duffy before the Fax game.Maybe put Davies in at half back as he is playing well at the moment and a big strong lad near the try line when put through by Thacks looks a threat.

The thing about this game is that its a final .London the full timers are out if they lose and like us will be giving it everything.

Given Leeds play Friday, I wonder if it's possible one of their half backs would double up for us on Sunday, as Briscoe did the other week. Probably wishful thinking. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Aaron Smith at 6 with Keal doing most of the 80 minutes, maybe with Smith playing dummy half on the simple moves early in the tackle count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Sammut will think its his birthday....

If he is picked, not sure he is really flavour of the month down there.

Way I see it is Fax probably should beat Toulouse at home and from having seen both teams recently I think London will probably beat Fev. BUT the teams are so evenly matched at the top theres every chance that Toulouse are capble of coming to the Shay and winning or Fax blowing it in a big game ala a couple of seasons back or London not travelling well and Fev pulling out a performance. I were nervous from Monday which is unusual and it really is too hard to judge, I mean who would have predicted London could get 2nd with their run in and yet they have a great chance, theres only Leigh who are praying on other results going their way which makes it a great competition.

Heres an idea why dont we change the format though as it looks like our 2nd tier is getting stronger each year which should in theory help to raise the standards in SL in the long term......

13 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Way I see it is Fax probably should beat Toulouse at home and from having seen both teams recently I think London will probably beat Fev. BUT the teams are so evenly matched at the top theres every chance that Toulouse are capble of coming to the Shay and winning or Fax blowing it in a big game ala a couple of seasons back or London not travelling well and Fev pulling out a performance. I were nervous from Monday which is unusual and it really is too hard to judge, I mean who would have predicted London could get 2nd with their run in and yet they have a great chance, theres only Leigh who are praying on other results going their way which makes it a great competition.

Heres an idea why dont we change the format though as it looks like our 2nd tier is getting stronger each year which should in theory help to raise the standards in SL in the long term......

Been the most competative championship i can remember, the rfl dont want that though, will soon drop again over next couple of year with new system, meaning only team relegated has a chance of going back up, plus a drop in funding for championship clubs. Also pretty worrying the lack of talent available. The likes of Leeds and Hull have struggled for numbers this season, weve been down to a bare minimum for quite a while, Barrow been rocking up with 14/15 players a few times. Quite a lot of the top players in championship are into there 30s aswell, tough times for championship clubs over next few year.

Well I'm no expert but I'd say the three things we need from whoever partners Thackeray at half back on Sunday is a good understanding of our play calls, the ability to at least take some of the weight off Thacks in the kicking game, and the ability to run the correct angles when trying to initiate a passing movement (which is the thing Ridyard is brilliant at, he holds the middle defence and keeps it honest before shipping it out wide thus creating space).

With those in mind, the best qualified player on our books is probably Carlile, who shows a good understanding of setting passing plays up and sucking in the defence when he runs laterally with the ball from dummy half. But that would leave Smith to play the full 80 minutes at 9, which is probably unrealistic. Hardman would also do a passable job at half back, but again you're then left with the job of replacing him at full back. So I keep coming back to Davies probably being the best option.

The one good thing about all this is that if those of us who watch Fev every week have no idea who is going to play at 6, neither will London.

London have plenty of options round the ruck, and are very dangerous in that area, so for me we need to run with 2 hookers and keep them fresh. We dont have many options in the backs, so id keep them the same. Depending on injurys coming back, i dont think we will be much change from last week, extra forward in for wilde, may see brooks come back in as he can do a bit of ball handling. For me though Hock plays as a ball handling forward when were at full strength, so should be the extra pivot sunday, rather than changing too much bringing someone like Davis in ball handling, when he hasnt done all season.

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

They know that and are running scared! 

Jack Ormondroyd another who won't be playing for us on Sunday as he's signed for York on loan for the remainder of the season.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/16365230.jack-ormondroyd-and-josh-jordan-roberts-join-york-city-knights/?ref=twtrec

To be honest when he's played for us this season I'm not sure Jack has been an ugrade on some of our other middles, just hope that the likes of Lockwood and Knowles are fit to play this Sunday.