Sign in to follow this  
liaemars1

New sky format

How would the change into thị trường bất động sản specific sport channels affect RL???

Edited by liaemars1
no reason

11 minutes ago, liaemars1 said:

How would the change into specific sport channels affect RL???

You mean as it is currently, with RL on SS Action/Arena, and sometimes on SS Main Event? Why would it change again?

27 minutes ago, liaemars1 said:

Has this post been stuck in the world wide web somewhere for 12 months?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, liaemars1 said:

Own up, you are Ralph Rimmer.

😉😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

I never noticed the change to be honest? Did anyone else?

Live Rugby League used to be on SKY 401, 402, 403 or 404.

On the day of the change, I had to go to my SKY channel list and found live Super League on 408.

Those 2.384 seconds were very worrying though as I thought I would never be able to see live Rugby League on Sky again.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Live Rugby League used to be on SKY 401, 402, 403 or 404.

On the day of the change, I had to go to my SKY channel list and found live Super League on 408.

Those 2.384 seconds were very worrying though as I thought I would never be able to see live Rugby League on Sky again.

RL seems to be on 401, 407 and 408 some "dedicated channel".

Considering Golf and F1 have dedicated channels and "Action" and "Arena" are quite vague about what they're for i'm disappointed that there's not a dedicated rugby channel. Even if it was 80% union there would still be significantly more league coverage than there is now and would open up more flexibility for televised matches through the summer. Surely the combined audience would make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Considering Golf and F1 have dedicated channels and "Action" and "Arena" are quite vague about what they're for i'm disappointed that there's not a dedicated rugby channel. Even if it was 80% union there would still be significantly more league coverage than there is now and would open up more flexibility for televised matches through the summer. Surely the combined audience would make it worthwhile.

Maybe something like Sky Sports Oval Ball, with a mix of RL, RU, NFL and AFL?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, fevtom said:

My sentiments exactly back when they announced this. Can only think they didn't because Sky only has rights to Champions Cup and 'some' internationals in union. But definitely agree that league could gain a few new fans over the summer with established 'Rugby' fans needing a fix. I'm not saying the channels where the games are played now are undiscoverable but a dedicated channel would certainly make it easier. 

Edit: Sky don't even have the European Champions Cup anymore, so even less likely sadly. French Top 14 and Super Rugby are their main RU offerings now but not enough to consider a dedicated channel i'd have thought, even with league in there too. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

11 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Sky sports egg chasing

14 minutes ago, zorquif said:

Sky sports egg chasing

Live, Eastertime egg-rolling from Preston and elsewhere?

It’s being renamed Sky Sports Barba ( maybe short term )

6 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Oval Ball is too specific - with some balls being more oval than others we could be marginalising some sports.

“SKY Oblique Spheroid Inclusive” gets my vote.   And with such a long title banner to be displayed across the screen, we may not get to see Clarke’s smug face reminding us that Wigan’s 18th choice reserve prop is out injured and that they had a great victory against the odds... 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SKY Nearly Oval Ball Sports rolls off the tongue easier, or for simplicity. Sky N.O.B.S

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, fevtom said:

SKY Nearly Oval Ball Sports rolls off the tongue easier, or for simplicity. Sky N.O.B.S

And don’t forget the pre-season promo photo, Hemmings, Clarke and Cummings with a giant N.O.B.S. banner behind them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

And don’t forget the pre-season promo photo, Hemmings, Clarke and Cummings with a giant N.O.B.S. banner behind them...

Oh please 

Interesting that eleven sports have added the eredivisie and Chinese super league to their roster. 

Outside of the premier league lower leagues sky's football roster is looking pretty bare for the fact they have to fill two channels.

Perhaps now would be a good time to approach them with a plan for an RL channel. We can very realistically have 10+ matches a week when there is the NRL taken in to account, the possibility of some championship games and we can monopolise the weekend from next year with Toronto and Toulouse/Les Catalans. 

There is already some NRL content we can take from Fox NRL 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Interesting that eleven sports have added the eredivisie and Chinese super league to their roster. 

Outside of the premier league lower leagues sky's football roster is looking pretty bare for the fact they have to fill two channels.

Perhaps now would be a good time to approach them with a plan for an RL channel. We can very realistically have 10+ matches a week when there is the NRL taken in to account, the possibility of some championship games and we can monopolise the weekend from next year with Toronto and Toulouse/Les Catalans. 

There is already some NRL content we can take from Fox NRL 

I registered with them because I'm interested in their Serie A coverage and I might subscribe once they release their prices. I was asked to pick my favourite sport from a list of options and I chose Rugby League so if a few people do that it may turn their heads.

1 minute ago, damp squib said:

I registered with them because I'm interested in their Serie A coverage and I might subscribe once they release their prices. I was asked to pick my favourite sport from a list of options and I chose Rugby League so if a few people do that it may turn their heads.

Andrea radrizzani who owns it is LUFCs owner and well aware of RL having hosted 2 rhinos games and will host an international this year along with allowing the rhinos to parade the SL trophy. 

Definitely someone to be talking to regarding streaming which Lenagan has been so publicly vocal about.