22 Jul: Bradford Bulls v York City Knights (League 1 Promotion Battle) KO 3pm

I think this game is worthy of a thread of it's own as the two clubs most likely to gain automatic promotion do battle at Odsal this Sunday. News is that over 4000 tickets have already been sold for this game! Jordan Lilley joins the Bulls from Leeds yesterday and looks likely to be in the 19 man squad. Good chance to see one of my favourite league 1 opposition half backs in Connor Robinson do battle with Chisholm and Keyes.

Your thoughts and predictions?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a betting man I'd say Bulls just - maybe a try in it or 8 points at most. Connor Robinson and Ben Cockayne vs Keyes and Chisholm should be a great battle! I'd hope there are at least 6k there.

Bradford win for me. York struggled against the Skolars last weekend and I have a feeling their players will struggle more than the Bradford ones towards the end of the season.

Hopefully both will get promoted either way.

It’ll be a tricky game and York are a good side that play an attractive style.  We just pipped them at theirs but back at the Odsal Superdome I think it’ll be Bulls by 2/3 scores. Maybe more if York aren’t on their D.

Really hope both go up. York away is one of, if not thee, best RL days out. 

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

1 hour ago, Southerner said:

Bradford just signed Lilly from Leeds! Should boost their chances.

Has he signed on a permanent basis or just a loan deal ?

We haven't played well for weeks. Too much one-man rugby. On occasion, we haven't even lined up in echelon when we've got the ball on the fourth tackle.

What we have got is a good pack and a good bench.

Hopefully, we'll win but we are definitely beatable.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Beautiful video. Just substitute Bradford for Barrow and it brings tears to my eyes. Can't wait to see you guys at Crazy Park next season. I hope. Good luck.

Lilley is quoted as saying he doesn't expect to walk into the side.  He's got his feet on the ground.  It's about him building some confidence over a long period in a settled team rather than getting the odd game behind a beaten pack at Leeds or being farmed out on dual reg every few months.

1 hour ago, Bullseye said:

Too close to call.  Neither side is playing that well.  Could come down to refereeing decision like last time.  Should be a great atmosphere.  Both clubs deserve promotion,  they're on the up.

Apparantly got the same ref. Let's see what happens this week. Will he even things up?

I see people saying neither side is in good form but performances do tend to drop when there is no intensity or real competition. Walkover wins every other week usually sees a slacking off of standards. 

I fancy they will both raise their game and intensity for this one.

That said I forsee a comfortable victory for the Bulls.

Several factors. Bulls have generally performed well this season against the expected top5 teams. Kear will certainly have the team focused for this one. Also it’s at home, and I think keeping the 100% home record is an additional spur. 

Finally we’re stronger than we were at the beginning of the season, especially in the forwards which should provide a better platform. 

Bulls by 16

Archived