Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

21-22 July: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here

SATURDAY 21st JULY
Coventry Bears v Keighley Cougars KO 2pm
West Wales Raiders v Workington Town KO 3pm

SUNDAY 22nd JULY
Bradford Bulls v York City Knights KO 3pm (see separate thread)
Hunslet v Doncaster KO 3pm
Newcastle Thunder v Hemel Stags KO 3pm
Oldham v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
Whitehaven v London Skolars KO 3pm

Keighley, workington, just bradford, Hunslet, Newcastle, Crusaders😨, whitehaven, hope Cru can back up performance at thunder and get a close win .

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, swann5 said:

Keighley, workington, just bradford, Hunslet, Newcastle, Crusaders😨, whitehaven, hope Cru can back up performance at thunder and get a close win .

I'll second that :)

• Like 1

Coventry Bears v Keighley Cougars Home win
West Wales Raiders v Workington Town Away win

SUNDAY 22nd JULY
Bradford Bulls v York City Knights Home win
Hunslet v Doncaster Away win
Newcastle Thunder v Hemel Stags Home win
Oldham v North Wales Crusaders Away win
Whitehaven v London Skolars Home win

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here

SATURDAY 21st JULY
Coventry Bears v Keighley Cougars KO 2pm
West Wales Raiders v Workington Town KO 3pm

SUNDAY 22nd JULY
Bradford Bulls v York City Knights KO 3pm (see separate thread)
Hunslet v Doncaster KO 3pm
Newcastle Thunder v Hemel Stags KO 3pm
Oldham v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
Whitehaven v London Skolars KO 3pm

Keighley, Workington, York(fingers crossed), Hunslet, Newcastle, Oldham and Whitehaven to win.

Coventry Bears 18-30 Keighley Cougars 
West Wales Raiders 4-88 Workington Town 

Bradford Bulls 26-19 York City Knights
Hunslet 28-30 v Doncaster 
Newcastle Thunder 66-4 Hemel Stags
Oldham 32-16 North Wales Crusaders 
Whitehaven 30-16 London Skolars 

Nailed on wins for Workington, Thunder and Whitehaven. others will be close particularly if Coventry keep up their run of good play.

I'll go |Cougars, Bulls, Doncaster, and of course North Wales Crusaders (by 2 points) !!

• Like 1

Really not sure exactly how things will go for the Bears at the weekend. Had a record defeat against Keighley earlier on in the season (which was a real low point). Things have improved since then though and there's alot more belief from the squad. 

However there will be up to 10 players missing at the the student 4 nations and Paul Emmanuelli and Chris Vitalini also coach the Wales team. A few players are back from injury though and with the current confidence in the dressing room I'm sure they'll give Keighley a decent game. 

3 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

there will be up to 10 players missing at the the student 4 nations and Paul Emmanuelli and Chris Vitalini also coach the Wales team. 

What a shame, Bears on a winning streak too?   Pros and cons of international recognition.  I admire your decent game optimism but you don't  suggest anything but a Cougars win.

31 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

What a shame, Bears on a winning streak too?   Pros and cons of international recognition.  I admire your decent game optimism but you don't  suggest anything but a Cougars win.

Yeah these lads are young players and international recognition will help them develop. The Bears are looking longer term, though it will have an impact for this game. They have been planning ahead of this game and squad of available players is quite big so hopefully the team won't be weakened too badly. 

Sunshine on Stebonheath this Saturday afternoon.

Worth a visit if only for the dual reg players on show for Workington.

West Wales Raiders have already experienced the fleet-footed Jordan Dezaria bedazzle with his balance and all round game,while he was helping Oldham to a record win,or similar, a fortnight ago (?) and he is joined for a demonstration of Gallic flair by teammate Ilias Bergal. Good Oh!

I have no idea who may turn out for West Wales Raiders,but having read that the top of Super League Saints have only used 22 players this campaign,we at the base of League 1 must have used about a hundred more. ( That hundred seems to be a word I have seen somewhere else.)

I hope I don't see it again - over the 8 days,when we play 3 games,starting Saturday 3pm at Stebonheath Park.Llanelli.  

The sun will be shining.This is where the winning run starts...😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

West Wales Raiders have already experienced the fleet-footed Jordan Dezaria bedazzle with his balance and all round game,while he was helping Oldham to a record win,or similar, a fortnight ago (?) and he is joined for a demonstration of Gallic flair by teammate Ilias Bergal. Good Oh!

I have no idea who may turn out for West Wales Raiders,but having read that the top of Super League Saints have only used 22 players this campaign,we at the base of League 1 must have used about a hundred more. ( That hundred seems to be a word I have seen somewhere else.)

I hope I don't see it again - over the 8 days,when we play 3 games,starting Saturday 3pm at Stebonheath Park.Llanelli.  

Bergal was absolutely rubbish against Whitehaven last week, worst player on the pitch by a distance.

Me and fellow supporters are looking forward to the trip down to Llanelli, hopefully a great game and some good weather. See you there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope you see a demonstration of Gallic flair , be more than we saw 

Must win game for donny away at Hunslet... good news today that Jason tali has signed a new 3 year deal despite Interest from a few championship clubs. Frankie Mariano was back last week after missing nearly 2 months out injured which is a boost for our forwards... don’t think we will have many duel reg lads as Hull have big injury problems... Matty Beharrell went off injured last week but was told afterwards it was only precautionary so hoping he’s fit... I’ll go a donny win 28-24. 

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

Bergal was absolutely rubbish against Whitehaven last week, worst player on the pitch by a distance.

Dezaria was accompanied by son of Cunningham,for Oldham,and both were very good.

Bergal did NOT play for Oldham.

A repeat rubbish performance would be most welcome.Dual reg players have performed quite well against West Wales Raiders - for a number of sides,just as those with higher league experience did for your side at Derwent Park;then left the club,or failed to appear against other League 1 sides after playing WWR. 

I hope the Workington fans travelling have a safe and enjoyable journey in both directions.It's a long 'un.

• Like 1

workington shipped the ball out down your right hand side a lot that day rather than take on your pack and  the town winger got 5 tries , the players you refer to  Tansey and Foster are long gone now and rightly so as well as leatherbarrow whom all 3 were poor . Town are much better as a result but it depends on who plays on DR or loan on any given week . I'd say WWR 10 - 72 Town ..a 62 pt margin .

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

I don’t mean to jinx them but Coventry lead 12-0 after 9 minutes.

You didn't!

Bears 30 Keighley 20 full-time.

Impressive win!

• Like 4

6 May 2018 Keighley 98 - Bears 6. 21 July 2018 Bears 30 - Keighley 20! I couldn't be more proud of the Bears players today. What a performance and what a reward for all the hard work. Amazing stuff played today 👌🏉🐻

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2