Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

20 Jul: SL: Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/20/2018 at 06:45 PM

Tough one to call.

Cas will start favourites due to current league position and recent record against us (although last 3 wins have all been narrow ones from memory).

Ta'ai added to last weeks squad in place of Wardle, so;

• Presume Cudjoe to play if fit in place of Wardle.
  • Rankin or Mamo full back.
  • Tai'ai to replace Ferguson or Roberts or English in match day squad.

Good to have some selection headaches for a change.

If we play with the same grit and detirmination as we have recently, par KR away then we could push Cas close and hopefully get something out of the match to secure top 8 finish with a game to spare.

Will settle for Giants by 2pts.

Edited by davet

My concern is that we may look at Wakey as the easier of the two I matches and not have a real crack at Cas - who i think are there for the taking if we can nullify the mcshane trueman and Shenton 

Shenny had a stormer last week and mcshane had the forwards ticking like clockwork by all accounts - with trueman playing in the proverbial dinner jacket

Disruptthat little lot and we have a chance

Also depends a lot on the ref - i am not being critical, they obviously get used to how teams play so Wigan get away with a little too much in the ruck because that is what they have always done and Cas get penalties quicker in the ruck because like saints they are expected to be quicker out of dummy half

the giants have the other side of that coin and have been caught out trying to slow the ruck, so get penalised quicker than some other sides would - and its only a split second but its there

which is a shame because if the giants bring their A game and have a real go i think Cas are there for the taking - if leeming  is fully fit and O’Brien doesn’t panic we should match mcshane and brough needs to keep his head on - which i know is difficult for him against Cas always seems to be a bit of an issue for him there

Giants by 10 or Cas by 30 - depends which giants turn up for me - and i hope Gaskell has a good game again, he has lacked confidence but seems to have hit some form now 

Giants are in good form and could win this.

That is of course unless the ref has a howler, Cas may win then.😏😏

Seriously, should be a good game. 24:24 draw.

Except for the inexplicable performance at HKR our form has been on the up, ( mainly because we have a respectable injury list at last ) That said i don't think we are quite in Cas's class, but who knows they may surprise me three weeks on the trot, I would settle for a draw.

Edited by GIANTSTRIDES

Huddersfield scrapping to stay in the top 8 should make for a tight clash.

Cas 18 Hudds 16.

18 hours ago, Kris said:

My concern is that we may look at Wakey as the easier of the two I matches and not have a real crack at Cas - who i think are there for the taking if we can nullify the mcshane trueman and Shenton 

Shenny had a stormer last week and mcshane had the forwards ticking like clockwork by all accounts - with trueman playing in the proverbial dinner jacket

Disruptthat little lot and we have a chance

Also depends a lot on the ref - i am not being critical, they obviously get used to how teams play so Wigan get away with a little too much in the ruck because that is what they have always done and Cas get penalties quicker in the ruck because like saints they are expected to be quicker out of dummy half

the giants have the other side of that coin and have been caught out trying to slow the ruck, so get penalised quicker than some other sides would - and its only a split second but its there

which is a shame because if the giants bring their A game and have a real go i think Cas are there for the taking - if leeming  is fully fit and O’Brien doesn’t panic we should match mcshane and brough needs to keep his head on - which i know is difficult for him against Cas always seems to be a bit of an issue for him there

Giants by 10 or Cas by 30 - depends which giants turn up for me - and i hope Gaskell has a good game again, he has lacked confidence but seems to have hit some form now 

It's our pack you need to worry about - their performances of late have allowed McShane, Trueman and SHenton etc to have a field day.

Great to see Lewis Peachey in the 19 man squad for this game. A Nottingham Outlaws (and Dearne Valley) junior and someone I coached for a year or two, really pleased for him. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Great to see Lewis Peachey in the 19 man squad for this game. A Nottingham Outlaws (and Dearne Valley) junior and someone I coached for a year or two, really pleased for him. 

Some very very positive comments about the lad  - just being around the first team this week will be fantastic for him

• Like 1

Cas should have too much for us, but then again, I've said that about Hull and Wigan in the last few weeks, so you never know.

I would love to see us get the job done this week so we can relax and not worry about how many we are going to smash the moggies by next week ;)

However, i think cas are storming at the moment, even with disruptions etc, they SHOULD have too much for us, i hope we give it a good go and not bend over for them like we did at rervers!

• Like 1

Think it will be a close one this.  Both teams playing well.  Backs look pretty evenly matched imo.  Hopefully the stronger Cas pack can get on top and to seal a win.

12 - nil to Cas early doors if the BBC website is correct!

Edited by johnh1

Kendall has told at least four players about moving off the mark but hasn’t done anything ?

Superb response by Huddersfield, 12-10 now after a McGilvary double.

19 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

12 - nil to Cas early doors if the BBC website is correct!

12:10 now! Huddersfield have woken up.

Leroy Cudjoe looking more involved and switched-on than he has in most other games I've seen in 2018, and thus we have two tries to Jermaine McGillygillyossenfefferkatzenellenbogen-by-the-Sea.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Two consecutive penalties at the Jungle is suicide. Junior Moors’ crash and bash try means Cas retake the lead.

18-12 Cas after 34

18 all at HT, and Cas just can't pull away yet.

Huddersfield really sticking in and looking threatening . Look a different side in recent times 

12 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Cas like a cheap shot. 

While I don't like hitting players like that, I think I've seen more called in this game than I have all season.

Decent game so far. Cas need to sort the discipline out and we'll be OK.

The Cas left edge looks a touch iffy.

In any case, Fartown are having a lot of joy against Trueman, Eden, Shenton and co.

Goal line defence not the greatest from either side but it's cracking entertainment.