John Drake

19 Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • St Helens
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/19/2018 at 06:45 PM

Expecting a St Helens win, but hoping for a great Derby.

If you look at the state of the Wigan team then if they get nilled they will have got off lightly.

I would think that Saints will have too much for a Wigan team with one or two unfamiliar faces in their 19 man squad. They'll not go down without a scrap though so I'm rather looking forward to this one.

Pies 18 Skints 28.

(Both teams to end up with 12 men or maybe fewer. B))

11 hours ago, Padge said:

If you look at the state of the Wigan team then if they get nilled they will have got off lightly.

Getting excuses in early Padge?

C'mon man, you know as well as I and thousands of others that this fixture has a habit of over turning opinion, many times the team that is expected to capitulate, digs deep, exhibits compassion by the bucket load and comes out on top.

Many "expert's" have been wrong in the past most probably including your good self.

Wigan like a lot of teams seem to up their game when they play saints. A chance to try to prove themselves against the form team. We will win but will be a tough night saints by 12 lomax motm

Going to be a long night for Wigan. To much quality and pace missing.

I don't think that it will be particularly comfortable, derbies never are. Looking forward to it though travelling from Nottingham on a Thursday isn't ideal! Hope Chris Hankinson goes well (but on the heavily losing team). 

I  would rather it was being played tommorow. I only have to go over the hill, but could have gone out for a pint with some of my six fingered mates. But Leeds away on a Thursday was a pain in the @r$e on a school night.

Edited by BarbasTash

Correct decision by Holbrook to rest Barba and Percival. Wigan have history of attacking our players (Flower, Newton) so this is a good move. I’d have rested Richardson too. 

• Haha 1

Funny how a player can handle three blokes in a tackle but will collapse to the floor if a hand goes on him ?

• Like 3

Penalty to saints 8-0 for Thompson making a mess of it trying to play it fast 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Penalty to saints 8-0 for Thompson making a mess of it trying to play it fast 

really? 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

really? 

I think  there’s to much responsibility been took off the ball carrier in general and there’s a mindset to much that the team in possession can do no wrong and the 50/50s go their way 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Just now, DavidM said:

I think  there’s to much responsibility been took off the ball carrier in general and there’s a mindset in general that the team in possession can do no wrong and the 50/50s go their way 

that was blatantly wigan players slowing it though,  so much so I thought they were lucky not to lose a player to the bin for a professional foul. 

One of those nights where there is a new player (Hankinson), so even his knock-ons are praised to the rafters.