Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Farmduck

NRL 2018 - Round 19 Match Thread

Pussycats finally wipe that zero off the scoreboard.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

The comeback's on... er, maybe.

Mansour scores on his return.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

2 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Nick O'Rima try.

That's enough for me.

He takes the conversion, in off the post.

Penrith need more than a point per minute now.

Another try for O'Rima, who then trips over the advertising.

You've got to Niko pocket or two.

Broncos can hit a half-century if this kick goes over.

At the hooter, it is Brisbane Broncos 50:18 Penrith Panthers.

That'll be the negative, defence-oriented NRL we keep being told about, then.

Edited by Futtocks

Thanks to Farmduck and Futtocks for the updates.

No team has ever conceded 50 or more points in a regular season game and gone on to win the Grand Final.

Of the current top 8, Warriors, Dragons and now Panthers have conceded 50 points  or more in a game this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

68min: Raiders try chalked off by a ref's forward pass call which was just WRONG. WRONG, I tells ya'  It didn't even float forward. Leilua was just before the 20m line when he threw a 20m pass which was taken 2m  before the 20m line.

Disagree on this one FD. The ball was caught in front of where it was passed from. We can’t blame physics either because the passing player was running sideways not forwards. 

As to the controversial Sharks try, I can understand frustration, but one team played the whistle, one team didn’t. As it turns out, the ball wasn’t touched and play on was the correct call.

Then again, as a Sharks fan, I would say all that.

Raiders hard done by in my opinion, especially the Katoa try (pass to Ramien is the proverbial mile forward, and he touches it with his upper arm), but they should have played to the whistle and the forward pass call on that Leilua break... and that's in the second half alone.

I'd thrown the TV and remote through the window if I were a Raiders fan.

A tale of two halves really, and of dubious officiating. Unsurprisingly, the bottom 8 team didn't get any 50/50 call. Par for the course in the NRL.

The first half Sharks can hope to make it to the GF, the second half Sharks will go one-and-out in September. Flanagan's interchange choices were a bit troubling as well.

The two points are welcome though.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012