Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

Batley

So, we seem to be avoidinga discussion of this weekend's fixture - is it fear or boredom? Time was when I used to be very excited by the prospect of an impending local derby but nowadays I feel that we play each other far too often; Including the Christmas friendly it will be five matches again this season.

This is another very important game, at least for us, as we are desperately in need of the points whilst Batley are keen to get a result to end their own poor run of form. 

My heart says that we will win but my head is much less certain and tipsters on other forums are predicting a loss by 14 points.

Rams 23 - 22 Dogs

FTS Morton

Att: 925

• Like 1

I think/hope we'll Nick this one if for no other reason than to make you all a little more nervous of a trip to South Wales next season

am only going to check out our new players for 2019.:whistle:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think/hope we'll Nick this one if for no other reason than to make you all a little more nervous of a trip to South Wales next season

And if we win it might be you who's getting nervous. I'm going for a win by 4 then next week if you can do a job on Swinton please.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

So, we seem to be avoidinga discussion of this weekend's fixture - is it fear or boredom? Time was when I used to be very excited by the prospect of an impending local derby but nowadays I feel that we play each other far too often; Including the Christmas friendly it will be five matches again this season.

This is another very important game, at least for us, as we are desperately in need of the points whilst Batley are keen to get a result to end their own poor run of form. 

My heart says that we will win but my head is much less certain and tipsters on other forums are predicting a loss by 14 points.

Rams 23 - 22 Dogs

FTS Morton

Att: 925

I predict we'll score same number of tries but lose on goal kicks..Its a theme..

I also predict a pitiful crowd, also a theme, not helped by BSJs point about 5 head to head games a season...

1 hour ago, silverback said:

am only going to check out our new players for 2019.:whistle:

I thought we only signed players from relegated teams...

17 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

am told fev castoffs are far too rich for our budget but would be happy with an handfull all day long.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

am told fev castoffs are far too rich for our budget but would be happy with an handfull all day long.

If Fev miss the top 4, it will be interesting to see how it affects their squad for next season.

3 hours ago, silverback said:

Aye, and your budget will be lower next season as well, remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Aye, and your budget will be lower next season as well, remember.

were havin a whip round already just to be on safe side. crazy golf £1 a go all winter too.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You both could be right - hope I'm wrong.

Could go either way this game both sides in poor  form, any win form our point of view will do, a win will only put us a point behind batley, and will drag them into relegation trouble.

Rams 20 Dogs 18

Fts Morton

Att 930

4 hours ago, NickD said:

I predict we'll score same number of tries but lose on goal kicks..Its a theme..

I also predict a pitiful crowd, also a theme, not helped by BSJs point about 5 head to head games a season...

Not just the number of games Nick - how many actual Dewsbury or Batley lads will be in the mix - Sykes and Walshaw for the Rams (no Batley lads) Hemmingway might have been playing for the dogs but for injury (Brev and Patch from Dewsbury). In all likelihood, that will be three from the HWD on match  day - the edge has gone I'm afraid.

Edited by grumpyoldram

Apparently N k is not happy with the defence

Well i think best form of defence is to attack. let the ball do the work.

Especially in this heat this season.

We have blown up many a time because we not scoring the tries and then having to defend too much.

Having said that how many length of the field tries have we let in ,with interceptions?

I don't blame the players for lack of effort.

Relegation is almost certain this time i think.

just another game to be honest the derbys have gone stale. On a loss it would hurt till we played again .Now 5 games in a season too many matches to mean anything. If we play someone else at Blackpool it might bring the keenness  back.

19 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Not just the number of games Nick - how many actual Dewsbury or Batley lads will be in the mix - Sykes and Walshaw for the Rams (no Batley lads) Hemmingway might have been playing for the dogs but for injury (Brev and Patch from Dewsbury). In all likelihood, that will be three from the HWD on match  day - the edge has gone I'm afraid.

Oh no! :O

Has Bono been told?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Now that's confidence for you 😂

I am , but I was at Blackpool too , and look what happened then

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

Hope I’m wrong but I think you’ll be too strong for us especially in forwards. See you Sunday Rob👍

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

Oh no! :O

Has Bono been told?

Just hope we have the Desire on Sunday Bloody Sunday - I'll be there With or Without You.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Just hope we have the Desire on Sunday Bloody Sunday - I'll be there With or Without You.

Blooming hippies!!

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, EQUALIZER said:

If we play someone else at Blackpool it might bring the keenness  back.

I heard 2018 was going to be the last Blackpool Bash....

pity...even though we lose every year.... I enjoyed the weekends....

• Like 1