Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

Batley

9 hours ago, RPH said:

I heard 2018 was going to be the last Blackpool Bash....

pity...even though we lose every year.... I enjoyed the weekends....

Nobody seems to have the faintest idea what is going to happen next year. The SL supremo promised a detailed set of plans would be circulated to all clubs in June - so far, nothing at all.

22 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nobody seems to have the faintest idea what is going to happen next year. The SL supremo promised a detailed set of plans would be circulated to all clubs in June - so far, nothing at all.

I think the only thing we do know is that there is definitely relegation at end of the season,unless Leeds Rhinos are one of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Both teams have now released there 19 man squads

That’s a good batley team. Think we’ll struggle to get the win this time.  😩

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NickD said:

That’s a good batley team. Think we’ll struggle to get the win this time.  😩

Agrred Nick, but if a struggle it has to be, then I hope we know how to succeed. 

Dewsbury 21-18 Batley

FTS: Guzdek

MoM: Knowles

Att: 1014

• Like 1

Is Arundel just returning from injury? If so he has been a long time out - I do hope this isn't just a "run out to get up to match fitness".

23 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I came on here  looking for a bit of light relief from all the Brexit news and you go and spoil it with your opening line!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Is Arundel just returning from injury? If so he has been a long time out - I do hope this isn't just a "run out to get up to match fitness".

Think he’s been injured not 100% on that though,I heard we was offered another player but he didn’t want to come.

no sam day again im dissapointed if no injury i would of had speakman scrum half with ward and day interchanging as hooker

• Like 2

He had an ankle operation in May and hasn't plyed for Wakefield since, I believe. Was that other player Finn by any chance? He now seems to be out of favour at Wakefield.

Just now, ramsfandan said:

no sam day again im dissapointed if no injury i would of had speakman scrum half with ward and day interchanging as hooker

As am I, of course. He doesn't seem to be NK's favourite player for some reason.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

As am I, of course. He doesn't seem to be NK's favourite player for some reason.

he scores nearly every game he plays is nippy out of dummy half its very confusing for me

Edited by ramsfandan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ramsfandan said:

he scores nearly every game he plays is nippy out of dummy half its very confusing for me

Makes no sense but what do us fans know?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

He had an ankle operation in May and hasn't plyed for Wakefield since, I believe. Was that other player Finn by any chance? He now seems to be out of favour at Wakefield.

No it was a forward ex Leeds 😉

Well nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but big effort from the players and the sin bin cost Batley dearly. But their second try had two forward passes so maybe justice was done.  My MOM was Morton, immense effort as did Guzdek. 

Toby Everett - best game for Rams so far. We struggled in the forwards but he stood out. 

But could have gone either way, but a vital win. Five points ahead of Swinton and Rochdale and points difference.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Well nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but big effort from the players and the sin bin cost Batley dearly. But their second try had two forward passes so maybe justice was done.  My MOM was Morton, immense effort as did Guzdek. 

Toby Everett - best game for Rams so far. We struggled in the forwards but he stood out. 

But could have gone either way, but a vital win. Five points ahead of Swinton and Rochdale and points difference.

Good post. Can’t add much at all 👍

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Good post. Can’t add much at all 👍

Apart from we'll both be relegated next season!

25 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Apart from we'll both be relegated next season!

Next season will be interesting, with only one team potentially into SL, the golden gamble of the Middle Eights will mean some clubs may limit their ambition

Batley Leak(ed) 12 points which effectively cost them the game, but of course we could have scored had he remained on the field. Ryder, two tries in his first three games, but Potts has, I think, scored four in his last four games.

It was an enjoyable game and Guzdek probably deserved MoM, with Morton a close second, but what happened to Teanby today - four dropped passes. Is the heat getting to him?

As WR wrote, their second try had two consecutive forward passes in the move, but the replacement referee (and I suppose) his touch judges missed a good number of them.

A good team effort, but must vastly improve the defence and cut out giving away needless penalties. Will we ever learn?

I felt that the spirit amongst the team was first class, even if it wasn't always matched by their application. They worked hard for each other and took their chances well. It could be said (and has on another forum) that we were marginally the better of two poor teams but, frankly, I don't care so long as we got the win.

As Nick has pointed out we are five points ahead of both Swinton and Rochdale with a superior points difference to both. If we gain victories over both of them, no matter what the other results, and we will stay up, so our future is entirely in our own hands. What next season will bring is open to all sorts of conjecture and we can worry about that in the close season, provided that we stay in this division first and foremost.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:
  1. Would start with Glover seems to have got his focus back

He does now that Bradford have come calling

22 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I felt that the spirit amongst the team was first class, even if it wasn't always matched by their apllication. They worked hard for each other and took their chances well. It could be said (and has on another forum) that we were marginally the better of two poor teams but, frankly, I don't care so long as we got the win.

As Nick has pointed out we are five points ahead of both Swinton and Rochdale with a superior points difference to both. If we gain victories over both of them, no matter what the other results, and we will stay up, so our future is entirely in our own hands. What next season will bring is open to all sorts of conjecture and we can worry about that in the close season, provided that we stay in this division first and foremost.

One win away from safety I feel BSJ. Rochdale or Swinton have to win 3 games in the play offs and we have to lose all 7 for us to go down. If we win one more they would have to win 4. Can't see that happening. They have only won 7 games between them all season.

• Like 1

Thought both Everett and Walshaw had great game. Shame we runined the second half with some brainless rugby towards the end. Really important two points 

First game in a while I’ve been able to get to. Impressed by Potts, Ryder, Sykes (as always), Walshaw, Knowles and Brown today. Be good to know the reasons some players don’t seem to be playing, be that injury, coach decision, or they have left the club. 

Maine great desire to win, first 20 mins after half time was very good. Both starting front rowers dropped too much ball, and we also dropped too much ball, made silly mistakes when we had the ball in their 20. Can’t remember us getting to a 6th tackle kick!