Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

John Kear invites Robert Elstone to Bulls v Knights game

Im afraid he won't be there. I've invited him round to ours to watch the TdF on tv.

• Haha 3

How does JK even know how to contact Robert Elstone? 'Superleague' doesn't appear to have an office, or any online presence.

i guess you just announce you'd like to chat in the press. Bit like batman and the bat signal.

• Haha 3

Being serious, I think Kear is an asset to our game.  He has been and still is a great servant and advocate.  need more like him. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

I bet nobody is asking him along to a West Wales game this season 

Why don't West Wales invite him then?

Just saying...

#taketheinitiative 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnM said:

Im afraid he won't be there. I've invited him round to ours to watch the TdF on tv.

I'm sure Carcassonne will look beautiful on the coverage.  It might make him want to admit them to SL.

I'm sure Roberet Elstone would enjoy what promises to be a cracking game of Rugby League.

When the game is over he'd still be employed by Super League for Super League. Vocal opponents of Super League like the Bulls owner will continue to alienate themselves from the hand that feeds them making the day they return to the fold ever distant.

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

I'm sure Roberet Elstone would enjoy what promises to be a cracking game of Rugby League.

When the game is over he'd still be employed by Super League for Super League. Vocal opponents of Super League like the Bulls owner will continue to alienate themselves from the hand that feeds them making the day they return to the fold ever distant.

What absolute abject unmitigated nonsense.

Please explain where, anywhere, Chalmers has ever said he is "opposed to Super League"?

Anywhere.

What he is opposed to, along it would seem with every non-SL club, is the Junta of certain SL club owners staging a coup to hijack the game, for their own ends.

Hudgell let the cat out of the bag the other day, when he basically indicated certain current SL clubs would not allow Bradford to  return to SL, because of bitterness over what had happened in the past. (Or, just maybe, to protect their OWN clubs from the potential of a returning heavyweight...?) Under the present arrangements, they could do fekk all to stop it, should Bradford ever get to a position in the future of qualifying through the eights.  However, under a licensing-in-all-but-name one-club-a-year max as the Junta proposes to impose unilaterally, they could easily find a way of excluding any club they disapproved of.  So is it any wonder Chalmers has been vocal in his opposition? Quite apart from the fact that he seemingly speaks for the non-SL clubs anyway?

As for "The hand that feeds them" - more absolute nonsense. How much does SL pay Bradford? And what does Bradford provide to SL clubs?

No bull? He won’t if it’s a night game.

14 minutes ago, RayCee said:

No bull? He won’t if it’s a night game.

Night game? No probs, we've saved 50p up for the meter.

16 hours ago, Spidey said:

All well and good inviting him to the top game of the division. I bet nobody is asking him along to a West Wales game this season 

Has anyone had the nouse to ask the question?

The key event was months ago when the Super League clubs took back control of Super League. That's when they needed a CEO and later Robert Elstone was appointed.

When I refer to Super League I should say the Super League clubs but there's no difference now.

Chalmers was quoted in League Express saying 'Picture the (Super League) chairmen in violent agreement with each other, unanimously agreeing that too much jeopardy is bad for business, that they must of course have the final say of who gets to Super League and who gets turned away and of course who gets what funding. That is why...the RFL must have control'.

Chalmers can have his view but his disdain for the Super League owners expressed  publicly in the trade press is provocative and no wonder the Super League clubs regard him as an irritant. Like it or loathe it the Super League clubs will win this battle and Chalmers is making Bradford unpopular with the very organisation he wants to join.

For all we know he is simply the latest in a long line of here today gone tomorrow custodians of Bradford Bulls. Why would long term committed people like Ken Davy, Adam Pearson, Eamonn McManus and Neil Hudgell take any notice of him?

The truth is that the Super League clubs would welcome a resurgence of the Bradford Bulls but the bitter words of Chalmers put the day back ever further.

Did he go then? I hope for his ears' sake he didn't end up sitting in front of Mick's commentary position.

What is this record crowd Mick keeps talking about?

What record was broken?

18 hours ago, Dave T said:

What is this record crowd Mick keeps talking about?

What record was broken?

Just The Bulls for 2018. As Toronto posted a few higher attendances past year. 

Unless he’s claiming the best English League One Crowd? 😂😂