Who will drop from SL in 2018 Qualifiers

What's your prediction?

Looking at the form of the Championship and SL sides, I'm predicting 2 to drop.

Widnes and Salford look vulnerable, but it will be no walk in the park for the other 2 sides.

On the Championship side I predict Toronto will go up, with strong home ground advantage, as they appear stronger than Leigh were in their promotion year,  and maybe one of the others will spring a surprise, depending on who finishes 2nd.

Drop, and the demoted SL side/s may not bounce back for a long time.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds

Hull KR

Toronto

------------------

Widnes (win the £1m game)

Salford

------------------

Leigh

Toulouse

Featherstone

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

17 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Leeds

Hull KR

Toronto

------------------

Widnes (win the £1m game)

Salford

------------------

Leigh

Toulouse

Featherstone

If Halifax beat Toulouse on Sunday Leigh will struggle to get in at all....

Widnes are down, they'll make the MPG at best. Salford are down on numbers and not playing well, if be surprised if they finished in the top 3. 

Salford v Widnes in the MPG might be a good shout.

Leeds and Hull KR are safe,  ant see anyone worrying Leeds and Hull KR have been playing well the last few weeks

Id expect Widnes to swap places with Toronto and the others are hard to judge until we know the top 4 in the championship. If Leigh get in I would tip them to be in SL ahead of Salford but I cant see any of the other challengers having enough to make it although all would fancy their chances against Widnes and possibly Salford.

Toulouse have the best chance but they won't. Toronto, no chance. As you were. 

Toronto will replace Widnes. After that anything is possible. I’d say the other Super League teams are better than the other Championship teams but I wouldn’t be suprised with something like a Toulouse / Salford MPG

18 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Id expect Widnes to swap places with Toronto and the others are hard to judge until we know the top 4 in the championship. If Leigh get in I would tip them to be in SL ahead of Salford but I cant see any of the other challengers having enough to make it although all would fancy their chances against Widnes and possibly Salford.

Leigh have flattered to decieve all season, the quality we as supporters (and all the expert tipsters prior to the season starting) were lead to believe we possesed has just not lived up to it's billing, if results go our way and we make the 8's the very best I think we could acheive would be 5th place in the final standings, we are neither fast enough between the earholes or over the ground, and the defence is paper thin because it is so unorganized.

Somehow, I don't think the above will matter, I think results will go against us and we won't make it to the top four.

But, as always I will be in attendance for the last two games, hoping and supporting and whatever happens will continue to go after the split.

I'm in the Toronto in for Widnes camp. As for the MPG, Salford versus any of the other three (whoever they are), and if Salford play as badly as they did last night - bye-bye Salford. However, wasn't there something last season whereby all the top four had to pass an inspection to see if they met certain conditions for SL, this being done before the play-offs began? In which case, if (IF) it's done properly I can't see London being accepted unless we can find  yet another new ground:cry:

22 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

I'm in the Toronto in for Widnes camp. As for the MPG, Salford versus any of the other three (whoever they are), and if Salford play as badly as they did last night - bye-bye Salford. However, wasn't there something last season whereby all the top four had to pass an inspection to see if they met certain conditions for SL, this being done before the play-offs began? In which case, if (IF) it's done properly I can't see London being accepted unless we can find  yet another new ground:cry:

Haven’t London been in the Qualifiers for the past two years? Why would they now not be allowed in?

59 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Haven’t London been in the Qualifiers for the past two years? Why would they now not be allowed in?

If nothing else, because the Junta, in their attemped coup to seize control of SL from the RFL, would then be able to set much more stringent entry requirements for their licensing-in-all-but-name.

We have already seen one SL club owner making it clear that some SL clubs, and certainly his own, would likely vote to refuse to admit Bradford, should they ever get to that position.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

I just hope that if any of the bottom two Super League sides are relegated via the MPG we don't have any complaints about the system as in previous years. They deserve to be relegated for finishing in the bottom two, so why complain when they can't take advantage of any lifeline handed to them?

38 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

If nothing else, because the Junta, in their attemped coup to seize control of SL from the RFL, would then be able to set much more stringent entry requirements for their licensing-in-all-but-name.

We have already seen one SL club owner making it clear that some SL clubs, and certainly his own, would likely vote to refuse to admit Bradford, should they ever get to that position.

That’s not a bad thing at all. Viva la Revolution. 

33 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

What about the top 4 team just down the road from them, who've been promising a new ground since the mid 70s?

They didn't lie their way into SL on the back of it though 

14 hours ago, TMF said:

Toulouse have the best chance but they won't. Toronto, no chance. As you were. 

If Toronto show a bit more discipline than they did in the cup they will stroll through the qualifiers imo. Only Leeds and maybe HKR are better, and even then I would fancy TW to beat them at home.

Archived