The Daddy

Canadian high commission to step in to resolve Wolfpack visa issues

As reported in League Express, because of the Wolfpacks close links to the Canadian high commission they will be stepping in and ensuring that no players are blocked from entering the country because of criminal records or any other reason. That's real positive news for the Wolfpack project and the 8s. 

• Like 6

And I was mocked when I said that the RFL/TWP should work with the Canadian government to ensure trouble free access. 

• Like 4

Good news and things like this just show yet again what a proactive organisation the Wolfpack are. 

• Like 5

Fair enough. I bet they also help out if a boxer with a dodgy background is fighting against a high profile Canadian for a title belt in Canada and lots of tickets have been sold and the event has a profile.

• Like 1

Thank goodness but why has it taken 2 years for this issue to be addressed?

Hull KR & Widnes are the Super League teams who will visit Canada.If the championship table stays as it is Toulouse & London will be the other home games for TWP.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Thank goodness but why has it taken 2 years for this issue to be addressed?

Hull KR & Widnes are the Super League teams who will visit Canada.If the championship table stays as it is Toulouse & London will be the other home games for TWP.

Perhaps the visa application system crashed with Robins fans making applications once the positions were confirmed? :ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All that it took was a phone call.

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Blimey - there must be some right wrong 'uns in that Rhinos squad to get this pushed through just in time

I didn’t realise Hetherington’s influence stretched to the Canadian government too... 😱😱😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Rhinos??

Fev's trip's next week.

We pull the strings.

Thought it was Ian Lenagan who pulled all the strings

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Blimey - there must be some right wrong 'uns in that Rhinos squad to get this pushed through just in time

You could be right,a few of the Leeds players are from Castleford!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Thought it was Ian Lenagan who pulled all the strings

Well pictures paint a thousand words. You've never seen Ian Lenegan and Geppetto in the same room have you?

RR2.png.e2768d6e914915667fea2d405c87766f.png

Edited by Scubby
  • Haha 3

And I bet there'll still be people moaning that TWP don't do enough for visiting teams.

22 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

And I bet there'll still be people moaning that TWP don't do enough for visiting teams.

Well, there was one on FB last night demanding 5 Star hotels for the visiting players, and free flights and accomodation for fans.

Paid for by Toronto.

Or else no SL.

Surprised she didn't want spending money too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Well, there was one on FB last night demanding 5 Star hotels for the visiting players, and free flights and accomodation for fans.

Paid for by Toronto.

Or else no SL.

Surprised she didn't want spending money too.

I must have missed that one but wouldn't be the first time someone posted something like that. They get pretty upset when you tell them that Toronto paying for flights and accommodations doesn't extend to SL.

• Like 1

I've encountered quite a few of them...must be something about the culture over there or something.... like they want a Nanny or something to direct and tell them what to do all the time....like with the VISAs (all it took was a phone call)...this is not good since there seems to be a high sense of entitlement and a shocking lack of personal initiative...many still have it though so there is aleways hope!

This is why they desperately need the TWP...not only do we need to show them the new way...we need to get some of them out of that walker and moving on their own again....no need for that walker anymore...throw it away!

walker.jpg

32 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I've encountered quite a few of them...must be something about the culture over there or something.... like they want a Nanny or something to direct and tell them what to do all the time....like with the VISAs (all it took was a phone call)...this is not good since there seems to be a high sense of entitlement and a shocking lack of personal initiative...many still have it though so there is aleways hope!

This is why they desperately need the TWP...not only do we need to show them the new way...we need to get some of them out of that walker and moving on their own again....no need for that walker anymore...throw it away!

walker.jpg

As a London fan I can certainly vouch for this. Some northern fans have been vehemently against having a London team in SL and we're in the same country. The addition of a Canadian team must be sending them loopy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Don't forget this will not prevent the players who can't fill the form in correctly, or don't have a valid passport or have a serious criminal record from getting a Visa. Cue meltdown when a player from a SL club is denied a Visa

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Don't forget this will not prevent the players who can't fill the form in correctly, or don't have a valid passport or have a serious criminal record from getting a Visa. Cue meltdown when a player from a SL club is denied a Visa

So the original post is wrong?

44 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

yeah. if as a human being you are incapable of filling in a form and are an axe murderer then you still wont be let in. Some very basic expectations are still being upheld unfortunately.

• Like 4

Do the 'Elite League' clubs not have enough staff to do the jobs expected,and done,by under-staffed part time clubs in the lower leagues?

The 'Elite League' clubs do like to be mollycoddled.

Those clubs that should be 'amateured' managed without assistance.

Nice of the Toronto club to approach the High Commission at this,erm,early stage.

1 hour ago, Manx RL said:

If you don’t have a valid passport or can’t fill in a form correctly, you won’t be admitted to any country. 

• Like 3

Just now, Michael1812 said:

If you don’t have a valid passport or can’t fill in a form correctly, you won’t be admitted to any country. 

My God!, what are we dealing with here?  Like come on.......HELP!

Edited by Kayakman