If you think we have got problems..........

Bodene Thompson already announced by Warrington. Rumours/journalists citing Matau'tia, Jordan Thompson, Hood, Hall, Crooks all possibly on their way out, and a leading player's agent seems to have confirmed on Twitter that players have been told they are free to go if they can find another club. Grim times for Leigh by the sound of it.

Let's hope we can hang on to our better players...barring Briscoe, who's no longer ours anyway, most of our more prized assets are either injured or well into the veteran stage so wouldn't think we would be quite so ripe for asset stripping.

I would say apart from the obvious 2 of Holmes and Riddy, both of whom like you say are either injured or in the autumn of their careers, I struggle to see who would be a target for other clubs. Maybe we will want to off load some bigger contracts to lower clubs but who could afford the reputed money we are paying them? The one player that has gone though won't be a loss as he hasn't played this season at all!

With six quality clubs competing for four places it was always going to be a financial risk if you pushed the boat out too far. Fev and Fax were the sensible ones in not going full time. If Hock's fingernails had been a tad longer at the Summer Bash then Fax would have missed out instead of Fev. I'm pretty sure they would have survived to put another strong side out next year though, but the full-timers would have been relying on who's bank rolling them yet again. 

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

I would say apart from the obvious 2 of Holmes and Riddy, both of whom like you say are either injured or in the autumn of their careers, I struggle to see who would be a target for other clubs. Maybe we will want to off load some bigger contracts to lower clubs but who could afford the reputed money we are paying them? The one player that has gone though won't be a loss as he hasn't played this season at all!

For me if we keep hold of and add to the following we will be decent for next season.Those being Riddy,Hiomes,Hock and Walton .

Beaumont has now issued a statement on the Leigh website confirming there will be "a large number of exits" this week, and says he is " committed to ensuring the club reaches the end of the season and hope during that time a new investor or group of investors can be attracted to take the club forward."

Looks like the end of the road for DB.

14 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Beaumont has now issued a statement on the Leigh website confirming there will be "a large number of exits" this week, and says he is " committed to ensuring the club reaches the end of the season and hope during that time a new investor or group of investors can be attracted to take the club forward."

Looks like the end of the road for DB.

That's the risk you take relying 100% on a sugar daddy. There are far too many clubs potentially in the same position, ourselves included to a certain degree if everything about MC's input is true. At least we appear to be sustainable as a business and growing year on year on firmer foundations. Living within your means and not relying on being a rich persons play thing or a fake sheiks toy has to be the way forward.

Ive no sympathy for beaumont.
Beaumont is an egotistical gobsheeite who whipped up some of the Neanderthals into believing in world domination 
Neanderthals who were then happy to play big billy male genitals lording it up over fans of other clubs whilst their messiah acted like a complete ar se.....

29 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Beaumont is an egotistical gobsheeite who whipped up some of the Neanderthals into believing in world domination 
Neanderthals who were then happy to play big billy male genitals lording it up over fans of other clubs whilst their messiah acted like a complete ar se.....

Thats about it in a nutshell.

As always the loyal supporters are left to suffer.

Again and again.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

34 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The video of him doing his mocking "lets all spare a thought for Bradford and Featherstone" piece from a coupole of years ago is certainly doing the rounds on Twitter again. The problem is he will disappear now, whereas lifelong Leigh fans, not all of whom were unthinking Neanderthal types, are left in the lurch.

It's easy to crow when you are doing well, but it can have a habit of coming back to bite you on the backside (as some of our fans have found out in the past). The LS28 gang at Halifax are understandably full of themselves at the moment, but you never know, comments such as the one on on Twitter today "Fev brought in a load of mercenaries who thought they were too good for the Championship" might come back to haunt them at some point in the future.

27 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The video of him doing his mocking "lets all spare a thought for Bradford and Featherstone" piece from a coupole of years ago is certainly doing the rounds on Twitter again. The problem is he will disappear now, whereas lifelong Leigh fans, not all of whom were unthinking Neanderthal types, are left in the lurch.

It's easy to crow when you are doing well, but it can have a habit of coming back to bite you on the backside (as some of our fans have found out in the past). The LS28 gang at Halifax are understandably full of themselves at the moment, but you never know, comments such as the one on on Twitter today "Fev brought in a load of mercenaries who thought they were too good for the Championship" might come back to haunt them at some point in the future.

Yup

56 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't do twitter and not seen the video, any chance of putting it up on here?

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As passionate as the guy is who runs that account, I feel his RL knowledge is a little bit off. I do think Fev took a risk but the guys they brought in like Ridyard and Holmes couldnt really be classed as mercanaries.

I’ve got respect for DB he put his money were his mouth was and has done amazing things for Leigh.. he’s realises now they have gone as far as they can with him time to step aside can’t fault him for being a outspoken passionate bloke about his club ... remind you of anyone?

We were actually being laughed at when the majority of our own fans were taken in by flip and flop a couple of years ago.They came out with ridiculous statements too which made our club a laughing stock. All we can do as supporters is stick by our clubs when things go pear shaped. Leigh and Bradford have good followings and relatively speaking so have we. They have a percentage of fans being high and mighty whilst at the top but the majority of theirs and our fans like the rest of the championship have the interest of the game at heart. 

9 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Oh dear! Beaumont, Caisley.......... when will people ever learn!

That's unfair on Beaumont: at least it was his own money, not someone else's.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That's unfair on Beaumont: at least it was his own money, not someone else's.

There is no need to mock and berate a club whilst you are in a perceived moment of superiority regardless of who's money it is, that is what I meant. I think there is a saying about being nice to people on the way up because you may need them on the way back down or something. Karma is a wonderful thing.

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

There is no need to mock and berate a club whilst you are in a perceived moment of superiority regardless of who's money it is, that is what I meant. I think there is a saying about being nice to people on the way up because you may need them on the way back down or something. Karma is a wonderful thing.

OK, but hubris is more excusable when it is your own money that you are spending.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Bad bit of buisness by leigh, if they had kept hold of the majority of last seasons squad, i think they would have walked 2nd, fighting for 1st spot. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to know, 17 different players are going to take time to gel, no matter who they are, plus when your spending 1.75 million on a squad, you need to be guaranteed sl status at the end of the season, to get anything anywhere near that back.

Archived