TWP lose first ever game at home .

17 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Great result for Featherstone and maybe an indicator that they will do well in the Qualifiers. They were pushing Hull FC all the way in the Cup but both teams spoilt it with their bad temper and a win in Toronto. 

But isn't the probability that Fev won't be in the qualifiers?

Chuffing hell!!  Well done Fev!!!!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

In front of 8217 fans too

Over 8k home support, fly to all away games, have a tv deal to televise the games...

Why does the powers that be not want them in SL and prefer 2-4k home support clubs with no extra tv deals and no new market opportunities???

7 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Over 8k home support, fly to all away games, have a tv deal to televise the games...

Why does the powers that be not want them in SL and prefer 2-4k home support clubs with no extra tv deals and no new market opportunities???

Despite that Toronto is "spurious" according to Robert Elstone!

That was an amazing performance. The Featherstone defence was phenomenal, Wolfpack just couldn't deal with their line speed. Going forward as well the won the wrestle and played the ball fast. Wolfpack looked clueless at times, just couldn't deal with a team being in their faces, big improvement needed for them in the qualifiers. 

1 hour ago, Big Picture said:

Despite that Toronto is "spurious" according to Robert Elstone!

Its Elstone, or more to the point the Junta telling him what to do and say, that is spurious.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Well done Fev! Beating the Wolfpack at Lamport is a biggie.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

As the only person to predict a Fev win on the prediction thread may I simply say I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!! Up the chuffing Rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were that good, you wouldn’t be a private. ?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

In front of 8217 fans too

That's more than the Giants v Wildcats got and more than the Red Devils v the Rhinos got. It must be embarrassing for the RFL and Super League that a championship club in a country with little Rugby League history can out draw so called heartland clubs

In the fooseball Liverpool v Manchester United just played in front of 100,000 crowd in America. 

I hope either London or Halifax lose now otherwise this victory for Fev means very little. 

I can see Toronto n Toulouse both getting into super league next year at the expense of Widnes n Hull kr. 

Imagine if Leeds got relegated 

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

Pleased to see that Toronto are not immune to the unwritten RL rule that, when a club gets a bumper home crowd in, they get beat. A true RL club, nothing spurious about it.

Well done to Featherstone. Going over there and winning when it still might not get them in the four shows terrific character, and indeed the very opposite character to what we have seen at Leigh this week.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Fantastic result for Fev, and in a strange way, probably not a wholly bad result for TWP.

As great a job as the Wolfpack have done on marketing the team, it must have been getting to the point where victories were becoming too predictable, especially with some wide score margins. I think this could be a wake up all for the TWP and the fans might just have a bit of extra edge going into the qualifiers - enjoying their experience even more.

I'd be interested to know how the Wolfpack fans took the defeat and what they make of their chances in the qualifiers. On the basis of last night, I'm not yet convinced they have the big game mentality to see them make SL this year. I'd quite like to be proven wrong.

Archived