Hemel away

Stevos Barber

5 hours ago, YoungYed said:

Crook and Hewitt in the squad again zzzzzzz. It’s boring Naylor why doesn’t he change anything but don’t worry we will put 50+ on Hemel everything will be okay again.

Apart from the fact they both had great games today, was you there today or any other negative person who feels the need to have a go??

Hemel were half decent, appreciated by the travelling roughyeds fans. Sick of people talking absolute sheeite on here. 

A wins a win, next week is massive now in our season.

Decent performance,job done. On to next week now.

17 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Apart from the fact they both had great games today, was you there today or any other negative person who feels the need to have a go??

Hemel were half decent, appreciated by the travelling roughyeds fans. Sick of people talking absolute sheeite on here. 

agree with this, a win is a win.

Next game is important. :)

29 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Nope I wasn’t there today. I’ve only missed a handful of games all season I wish I could of gone and backed the lads. I’ve said this on so many threads that it’s not hard to play half back against Hemel, crusaders and west wales. Where are they against the better teams nowhere to be seen they’re not good enough that’s my opinion so respect it, many of people agree with that on here. One negative out of the performance is conceding 28 I wasn’t there so I can’t comment to much. 

34 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Ok fair enough, I respect opinions but not picking on individuals. Maybe you should show respect to Chewy and Crooky, they play the game not you sunshine.

I just want the best for my club and I don’t think them two can win us games against good sides. It’s shown this past month not one of them take control of the game. 

I respect your opinion but do you think Hewitt would get in Workingtons, york or Bradford’s team I don’t think so. I remember going to dewsbury last season and all game they kept saying run at Hewitt he got targeted all half we was getting hammered at half time, Naylor took him off and we won the game. I know that was last season but the better teams know how to play our half backs 

You have to respect that Hewitt puts his body on the line week after week and (IMO) gives his all. You have to respect him for that. I would much rather have him then some SL or Championship dual reg  playing the odd game because he is coming back from injury or isn’t playing for his parent club.

Crooky may not be the player he was but we couldn’t afford that player from 2-3 year ago. I still think he has something to give like the experience required to guide the younger players in the season run up.

As mentioned on previous posts, we don’t have the budget of Bradford or York so why do people think we have a divine right to be as good as them?

BTW... Fair play to all the travelling Yed fans yesterday, setting off early and being sat in a car for hours on end in that heat.

11 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

You have to respect that Hewitt puts his body on the line week after week and (IMO) gives his all. You have to respect him for that. I would much rather have him then some SL or Championship dual reg  playing the odd game because he is coming back from injury or isn’t playing for his parent club.

Crooky may not be the player he was but we couldn’t afford that player from 2-3 year ago. I still think he has something to give like the experience required to guide the younger players in the season run up.

As mentioned on previous posts, we don’t have the budget of Bradford or York so why do people think we have a divine right to be as good as them?

BTW... Fair play to all the travelling Yed fans yesterday, setting off early and being sat in a car for hours on end in that heat.

Ye that’s fair enough whitworth I respect that the players put their body on the line and I know we don’t have the funds like Bradford and York. But the thing what frustrates me is that they don’t show up in the bigger games it’s frustrating to watch because every big team we play the half backs are better than ours. I remember reading a couple of year ago Hewitt was meant to be the next big thing for St. Helens so he has the potential but I don’t know what it is he just doesn’t have the game what fits it might be naylors style of play. I would of personally gone for matty Beharrell after he left Keighley.

Neal back with flying colours to lead from the front

ADAM Neal’s successful comeback in the front-row was the best and biggest of several positives in Oldham’s 60-28 win at Hemel Stags.

Read full article

"You go to Hemel to get the job done. We did that," — Scott.

OLDHAM moved up from up fifth to fourth in Betfred League 1 thanks to their 60-28 win at Hemel and Whitehaven’s 46-0 defeat at Bradford.

Read full article

Great match pics Dave.

I still reckon Nelmes scored immediately prior to the Hemel wonder try,looked to me like he grounded it,the ball squirted out and the ref (who incidentally had a belting game) was on the "wrong" side to see the grounding. Couple of your pics on the website seem  to bear that out.Having said that it was a quality try by the Hemel lad who played to the whistle and great banter with him when he returned to the end the Roughyeds fans were at.

In fact it was great banter with Hemels lads all game. The whole club is one of the friendliest in the game. Nice to see them applaud the Yeds fans who appreciated the effort they put in at the end of the match.

Really enjoyed the day, one of the best away days of the season for me.

Archived