Sign in to follow this  
boat builder

As Elvis once said....It's now or never....

Talking to some of the regular supporters of  the rugby. The consensus of opinion was that next Sunday’s game against Rochdale is HUGE! If the team doesn’t put in a good shift many of them said they will not be going again. They can forgive the results against the full time teams, as we are still establishing ourselves in C1, but getting beat against the bottom 2 teams at home is unacceptable. If the worst happens I foresee gates of 750. We really do need a stellar performance. All the effort happening off the field to stabilise the club needs to be mirrored on the field by our boys.

It really is squeaky bum time!

When the flag drops.......

No more excuses. It's time to turn up!

Survival is not mandatory!

Sorry, they may be regular attendees but they are not supporters as I understand the word.

There will be 17 Barrow players out there determined to " do a shift", there will also be 17 opposition players trying to do the same.

If the Rochdale players win the day no one will feel more wretched than the Raiders players. That would be when true supporters get behind their team and pick them up to go again. 

Barrow will NOT be relegated.

• Like 8

Well said bearman, the team has been put together on a small budget and with a small squad and a lot of injuries, We are where we are, we can't expect to be blowing teams away, at the start of the season 10th place was the target and we are still on course for that, sick of all the negativity by so called fans, this will not do the lads confidence any good at all, get behind the lads not slate them.COYR.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, boat builder said:

Talking to some of the regular supporters of  the rugby. The consensus of opinion was that next Sunday’s game against Rochdale is HUGE! If the team doesn’t put in a good shift many of them said they will not be going again. They can forgive the results against the full time teams, as we are still establishing ourselves in C1, but getting beat against the bottom 2 teams at home is unacceptable. If the worst happens I foresee gates of 750. We really do need a stellar performance. All the effort happening off the field to stabilise the club needs to be mirrored on the field by our boys.

It really is squeaky bum time!

When the flag drops.......

No more excuses. It's time to turn up!

Survival is not mandatory!

So after 8 extremely competitive home games and taking points off 2 teams spending nearly 1.0m on their squads these people are going to stop watching after 2 uncompetitive games against full time sides with having half the squad injured and then a defeat against Rochdale they are not going to turn up to the last 2 games despite us being 3 points ahead of relegation? 

That's possibly the most short sighted thing I've ever heard. 

• Like 9

Let's hope for a big crowd tomorrow in what is a massive match and a must win one. Well done to the club for putting so many posters around the town. COYR.

Just like to wish you good luck for today,I know injuries are all part of the game and us at the rams have had our fair share. Like us if you could get your best 17 players on the field you’d be a match for most teams in the championship. 

Barrow won. Either Rochdale or Swinton need to win 4 out of 6 games without Barrow winning any to relegate Barrow.

I hope these supporters attend the Swinton game. 

Talk about a game of two halves. Well done to the crowd for lifting the boys when they needed it. Dally, don't you just love him.

The first half was awful and the referee seemed determined to blow the whistle repeatedly to penalize both sides. This kept the game from flowing and totally spoiled the entertainment. I thought Rochdale were a very poor side and in the first half Barrow were dragged down to there level. The scoring in the first half totalled 2 Rochdale penalties. They didn't deserve to score a try  which I felt gave them 6 underserved points. The gate was approximately 1030 and thank fully the rain kept off.

Disappointed in Rochdale physio today. When Dalliemore was away to take kick at goal she was moving about field, in his field of view handing out drinks to the Rochdale side. I thought rules were you had to stay still?  

13 hours ago, foggieraider13 said:

Disappointed in Rochdale physio today. When Dalliemore was away to take kick at goal she was moving about field, in his field of view handing out drinks to the Rochdale side. I thought rules were you had to stay still?  

Just another part of the plan to disrupt Barrow and slow the game down along with feigning injuries etc.

• Like 1

Said on Twitter, she should've had a number on her back, she was on the field more than some players. 

Not belittling the need for treatment but it became a joke. One of their players signalled to be subbed in our half, he wasn't, he then went down in their half and play was held up whilst he was treated. 

Too much 'gamesmanship' creeping into the sport. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 750VFR said:

Said on Twitter, she should've had a number on her back, she was on the field more than some players. 

Not belittling the need for treatment but it became a joke. One of their players signalled to be subbed in our half, he wasn't, he then went down in their half and play was held up whilst he was treated. 

Too much 'gamesmanship' creeping into the sport. 

Swinton are just the same.

Lots of people saying we are virtually safe but there could well be some twists and turns yet.

Swinton and Rochdale are desperate and will fancy their chances against even Fev and Leigh as those two clubs are offloading players and don't have that much to play for.

If Batley beat Dewsbury this weekend they are safe so they may also take their foot of the gas and be potential victims of Swinton and Rochdale.

Barrow need to stay focused and treat each game like a cup final, even this weekend at Leigh.

Last thing we need is to have to win our last two which are away (dirty word) at Sheffield and Fev !!!

• Like 1

all games are important but concentrate on victories against Batley and Swinton at home.

Leigh didn't seem to take their foot off the gas against Sheffield !!

• Like 1