Rowe, Davey, Farrell and Crookes

TheBritishBulldog

22 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

True for part time players, and clubs have until 31st August to inform current (PT) players whether they are going to offer a new/extended contract or not or are not in a position to make an offer.

Sorry, yes, PT players as you have said before. At our level we tend to forget that there are any other sort.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sorry, yes, PT players as you have said before. At our level we tend to forget that there are any other sort.

Yes, very true for most clubs at our level and given the (at least for now) funding structure it's not that easy (or sensible?) to be offering FT players contracts as early as May, only about halfway through the regular season.

So can SL clubs come in at different times If they want to sign a championship player? Again I say, would be very disappointed if Day and Harrison makexsidewats moves, seems pointless, and Farrell will give and give, we've no other forward who will go through a gap. If Brambani is staying and Walker going then we do need a stand off, so ARE the club talking to JOUFRET? If Whitehaven could afford him then I'm sure we can. Why would Bradford want him when they've got a damned good no 6 already? Who ARE we going to sign to make us better, and again I'm sorry but there have been a number of personality clashes with the coach, and I don't think he is the man to take us forward, the board appear happy to be also rans again.  

Rowe hasn't been told be isn't having his contract renewed, just offered a different one. Pretty much like all the players who aren't signed on for next year will be offered a tweaked contract, not a carbon copy of the previous one. 100% untrue that he has not been offered a contract.

1 hour ago, doggystyle said:

Rowe hasn't been told be isn't having his contract renewed, just offered a different one. Pretty much like all the players who aren't signed on for next year will be offered a tweaked contract, not a carbon copy of the previous one. 100% untrue that he has not been offered a contract.

So that could possibly be the case for all four?

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Championship clubs can't approach players contracted to other Championship clubs until September 1st I believe, so there is plenty of time to get fixed up.

they cant approach players but they can approach there agents, i thought even you knew that blind side

7 hours ago, Eric Bristow said:

With Bradford and York likely to come up, I really fear for us next season unless we bring in some quality. 

Given his performance against Swinton, Jouffret looks like a player we need to retain. However, the likelihood is that he'll end up at Bradford with Kear if he continues to impress over the next few weeks. 

Brad Day and Harrison are very likely to be on their bike. That's two quality players we'll struggle to replace just for starters. 

jouffret has played 2 games for us, 1st game at fullback against shams he was terrible to say the least, should never of been at fullback in front of scott, , last week played pretty well, but as i said before, batley boys could of beat swinton on that performance

8 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

I’ll be sad if Crookes goes, I like the effort and work he puts in week in, week out. Always a danger near the line, IMO. Not a fan of Alex Rowe so will shed no tears if he leaves, but that’s a more personal issue than the way he performs on the pitch, if I’m honest. 

Again, I’ll be sad if Harrison and Day leave, but can have no complaints if they are going on to bigger and better things. 

alex rowe this season has been the stand out prop, 100% all season, the prop that hasn't shown his true potential with his size is Holland, stops every time as soon as he nears a marker which good props dont, they just charge

59 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

So that could possibly be the case for all four?

Yes, but I can only comment on the one player out of the four mentioned that I know has not been shown the door, as inferred. Maybe another season with us might give you the chance to resolve your personal issue with Alex.

12 hours ago, stevieb said:

they cant approach players but they can approach there agents, i thought even you knew that blind side

That still counts as an illegal approach - thought that you would know that Stevie.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 hours ago, phildog said:

So can SL clubs come in at different times If they want to sign a championship player? Again I say, would be very disappointed if Day and Harrison makexsidewats moves, seems pointless, and Farrell will give and give, we've no other forward who will go through a gap. If Brambani is staying and Walker going then we do need a stand off, so ARE the club talking to JOUFRET? If Whitehaven could afford him then I'm sure we can. Why would Bradford want him when they've got a damned good no 6 already? Who ARE we going to sign to make us better, and again I'm sorry but there have been a number of personality clashes with the coach, and I don't think he is the man to take us forward, the board appear happy to be also rans again.  

The date for approaches to and by players, clubs and agents depends on the nature of the player's current contract ie full time (May 1st) or part time (September 1st) not the level at which they play or that of the interested club.

18 hours ago, stevieb said:

As BSJ has stated, no they can't. Players, clubs and agents cannot approach one another until after the appropriate date unless written permission is given by the current contract holding club. Approach includes statements to the media that club X is interested in player Y or vice versa.

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The date for approaches to and by players, clubs and agents depends on the nature of the player's current contract ie full time (May 1st) or part time (September 1st) not the level at which they play or that of the interested club.

As BSJ has stated, no they can't. Players, clubs and agents cannot approach one another until after the appropriate date unless written permission is given by the current contract holding club. Approach includes statements to the media that club X is interested in player Y or vice versa.

yes and obviously if that player isnt getting retained the agent can act upon that straight away and clubs who dont retain them has no choice but to let agents contact other clubs on behalf of the said player or players who have been told there services are no longer needed

So, young Farrell wasn't good enough for some, now Joufret was average over 2 games to others! Who ARE we going to get at 6? Is there any ambition, any progression expected after the last 2 seasons? Can we just now expect to be happy playing for 7th every year, I don't think that inspires the terraces.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

So, young Farrell wasn't good enough for some, now Joufret was average over 2 games to others! Who ARE we going to get at 6? Is there any ambition, any progression expected after the last 2 seasons? Can we just now expect to be happy playing for 7th every year, I don't think that inspires the terraces.

no matter what you say phildog, it falls on deaf ears mate, or you just get a sarcastic comment back

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

yes and obviously if that player isnt getting retained the agent can act upon that straight away and clubs who dont retain them has no choice but to let agents contact other clubs on behalf of the said player or players who have been told there services are no longer needed

NO they cannot! A club has to inform a PT player that they are not retaining or offering them a new contract by 31st August of the year their contract expires. Until 1st September of that year, without written permission from the player's current club, neither the player nor their agent can approach another club otherwise they are in breach of the Operational Rules.

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

NO they cannot! A club has to inform a PT player that they are not retaining or offering them a new contract by 31st August of the year their contract expires. Until 1st September of that year, without written permission from the player's current club, neither the player nor their agent can approach another club otherwise they are in breach of the Operational Rules.

show me that in written please, as i have never heard that before, not written anyway but verbal has been allowed

14 hours ago, phildog said:

As mentioned many times on this forum it is about opinions. I haven't been impressed with either Farrell this season or Jouffrey at full back albeit his first game. At 6 he was excellent last week again albeit against a poor Swinton side, the test will be harder against a Fev team with little to play for!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

48 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

As mentioned many times on this forum it is about opinions. I haven't been impressed with either Farrell this season or Jouffrey at full back albeit his first game. At 6 he was excellent last week again albeit against a poor Swinton side, the test will be harder against a Fev team with little to play for!

In mitigation, a half back can never play particularly well if his pack are getting beaten, which may be one place where a problem actually lies.

Right, at the risk of sounding a dodo, I'm a little confused by the approach dates for full and part-time players and whether or not this is the same or varies regarding whether they are SL players or Championship players. With regard to the now strongly believed rumour that we are to lose Day and Harrison, if they were to be going to SL, would the same date of Sept 1 apply to a club making an approach as it would for a Championship side to make an approach? If the answer is yes, then we can't really guess as to where they may be going, as if Sept 1 applies to approaches from any club, then they could in effect be moving to other Championship clubs (waste of their time and effort to me). Am I right or wrong in my assumption? If I am right, does that mean that even an approach to an agent before that date is an illegal approach? Now, certain SL clubs have already announced that they have secured the services of current part-time players i.e. Wigan with Bullock from Barrow, so that seems to negate the assumption that players who are currently part-time can't be approached until Sept 1? Tell me I've got it all wrong?

Wigan signed Joe Bullock on July 31st with the proviso he played out the rest of the season at Barrow,Wigan giving a match to Barrow and other little perks, the operative date is 31st of July so yes that date applies to all clubs SL, Championship.

The Luke Briscoe one with Leeds I'm confused about maybe Les Tonks Sidestep might enlighten you on that one.

Archived