Sign in to follow this  
Bearman

Hands off Cresta

Recommended Posts

League Express this week has it that " another rival club" have their sights set on Cresta!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on Ron, don't troll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just quoting LE.

Page10 article "Crarey wishes Bullock well as Cairns rejoins Barrow" last paragraph.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's really good news about David Cairns but the bit about Cresta going elsewhere strikes me as a bit of journalese. I can't see Cresta going anywhere ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's great news about another local legend joining the project and I agree Michael, Cresta couldn't go anywhere else. He's Barrow through and through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMF said:

I think it's great news about another local legend joining the project and I agree Michael, Cresta couldn't go anywhere else. He's Barrow through and through.

He went to Whitehaven once 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only after some fool drove/sacked “whatever he would like to call it, after one of his ego trips “  him.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ellie10 said:

Only after some fool drove/sacked “whatever he would like to call it, after one of his ego trips “  him.  

Good point Ellie10.Yet he still came back. Which rather proves my point.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are loads of rumours on Face Book about Paul going to Leigh as coach.

Put there from a 'reliable source' The whole thing was scotched by Steve Neale. Rugby League press has been carrying rumours. All FAKE NEWS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would he join us (Leigh) As it stands we have no owner for next season, and our only income will be season ticket sales. I can imagine other clubs might want Paul Crarey as their coach, but not us (at the moment anyway).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's going nowhere. Topic closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I t seems that Keiron Purtill, Leigh Coach, has left and gone to Warrington!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steve75 said:

I t seems that Keiron Purtill, Leigh Coach, has left and gone to Warrington!

Of course the subtext is that Leigh are unloading anyone on existing contracts in order to bring in new guys on less money.

With Cresta running a successful business in Dalton, IF he were to consider taking the reins at Leigh he wouldnt come cheap and that wouldnt fit in with the austerity regimen that Leigh HAVE to impose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Of course the subtext is that Leigh are unloading anyone on existing contracts in order to bring in new guys on less money.

With Cresta running a successful business in Dalton, IF he were to consider taking the reins at Leigh he wouldnt come cheap and that wouldnt fit in with the austerity regimen that Leigh HAVE to impose.

Hope so Ron!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, steve75 said:

I t seems that Keiron Purtill, Leigh Coach, has left and gone to Warrington!

He's not. KP is 'out of contract' at the end of the season, and he said in the Leigh Journal that he is 'flattered' to be linked with them, nothing more. Wire already have Andrew Henderson, Lee Briers & Jon Clarke as assistant's, so unless one of them is leaving (it won't be Lee Briers) there is no story to tell. And like I have said previously, we currently have no owner for 2019.

Edited by clogdance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM, Michael Ashton said:

There are loads of rumours on Face Book about Paul going to Leigh as coach.

Put there from a 'reliable source' The whole thing was scotched by Steve Neale. Rugby League press has been carrying rumours. All FAKE NEWS.

I believe that Facebook posting was from one of our better wind-up merchants at Leigh!

Fact is we have nobody in a position to offer anyone contracts for next season, until we get our current mess sorted out. Depending on how we sort it out, we will know which league we are in. (liquidation would mean League 1 for instance)

Paul Crarey is an excellent coach, and I would be pleased to see him at Leigh, although I would be more than happy for Kieron Purtill to get the job - only two defeats in our final 17 Championship games, both against Toronto, speaks volumes for him. Ironically, since most of our 'superstars' have left, we have had two nigh-on faultless performances against Sheffield.

I'm sure Paul wouldn't currently touch our job with a barge pole, and I can't see him leaving you in a hurry!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.