Sign in to follow this  
RogerT

Featherstone v Batley

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Notice he's been included in Leeds' squad for this weekend. Given he only played 3 games for Fev (presumably on DR) after his transfer was announced I'm not sure how the DR rules allow him to play for Leeds after playing for Fev last Sunday. Either he signed for Leeds before the announcement was made ( and therefore could have played 5 or more on DR) or Leeds may find themselves in  trouble for fielding an illegible player!

I honestly hope it’s the latter😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I honestly hope it’s the latter😉

Automaitic relegation. That's the punishment for playing an ineligible player, isn't it? (I think he will still be recognisable, so not illegible :)  )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Automaitic relegation. That's the punishment for playing an ineligible player, isn't it? (I think he will still be recognisable, so not illegible :)  )

It's just been pointed out that he is eligible to play as it's 5 or more on DR or otherwise so he won't need a disguise (blooming autocorrect). Moral of the story is to always check the Op Rules as I've suggested to others several times...   

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 8:17 PM, Blind side johnny said:

Players can't sign elsewhere unti Sept 1st, unless the present club has told them that they aren't being retained.

 

On 8/17/2018 at 2:11 PM, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Notice he's been included in Leeds' squad for this weekend. Given he only played 3 games for Fev (presumably on DR) after his transfer was announced I'm not sure how the DR rules allow him to play for Leeds after playing for Fev last Sunday. Either he signed for Leeds before the announcement was made ( and therefore could have played 5 or more on DR) or Leeds may find themselves in  trouble for fielding an illegible player!

 

On 8/13/2018 at 10:42 AM, il cattivo said:

Brilliant isn't it? 😶

They must be raring to get stuck in for him next week.

Looks like there will be mass changes , not a clue where he’s getting the quality from though as I doubt we will  spend masses of money . Crookes , walker and davey have signed for Sheffield and at least 4 others going . Look forward to hearing the exciting news of the quality who he’s signed ! 

Edited by listerine1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wanting to put a damper on your thread, seeing as you know who's going for certain you will know who is coming in then, please let us in on the know. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Not wanting to put a damper on your thread, seeing as you know who's going for certain you will know who is coming in then, please let us in on the know. 

Clubs still don't know what their budgets will be next year. Until the format is agreed with SLE then most chairmen and coaches are just guessing. Batley have always been most careful to avoid spending what they haven't got, and long may that continue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here