Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Wild animal attacks on humans...

Living in the more rural areas of the United States or Canada, you can be forgiven for having a fear of encroachment by grizzly bears, black bears, coyotes or the occasional mountain lion.

It would appear though that living in Germany can bring you a different level of terror from yet another of nature's fearsome creatures...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/police-in-germany-rescue-man-being-chased-by-baby-squirrel/ar-BBLLdV9?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've seen a fair few animal attack movies, but I don't think this one's got "genre classic" written all over it, to be fair..

More like Night of the Lepus.

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I've seen a fair few animal attack movies, but I don't think this one's got "genre classic" written all over it, to be fair..

So bad it was brilliant 

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

So bad it was brilliant 

To be fair on NotL, it had a surprisingly good cast for the genre, with DeForrest Kelly, Janet Leigh and Rory Calhoun as well as some decent support, but they really didn't have much to work with. It plods a lot, and could have had a few more moments of uncertainty in the final reel, but the giant bloodthirsty bunnies are awfully cute.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

You don't have to go too far for wild killer animals, a Farmer in Sussex was killed last night by his own herd of cattle.

55 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

You don't have to go too far for wild killer animals, a Farmer in Sussex was killed last night by his own herd of cattle.

Yes I’ve heard of that kind of thing before 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Attack of the 50 foot baby squirrel ... you know , eats a nut tainted by nuclear materials , grows big etc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Yes I’ve heard of that kind of thing before 

More people (not per 100,000, straight out more) are killed each year by cows than are killed by bears or wolves in the USA.  

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

You have put “killer” in between wild and animal to change meaning of OP. Cows are not wild! 😁

i have personality been dived at  by a carrion crow and by a buzzard. 

Edited by westlondonfan

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

Attack of the 50 foot baby squirrel ... you know , eats a nut tainted by nuclear materials , grows big etc 

I'd watch that

9 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'd watch that

They must inject David Attenborough with nuclear materials to get supersized to coax it into a big net . I’m on it now .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They must inject David Attenborough with nuclear materials to get supersized to coax it into a big net . I’m on it now .

And the plot keeps getting better... 😀 

• Haha 1

Heres one to squirrel away. War of tbe Crusaceans: can GM Mobyclaw rescue the world from mutated Clawfin hordes?.

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

And the plot keeps getting better... 😀 

Giant red squirrel goes at it with giant grey squirrel 

18 hours ago, DavidM said:

As long as it's just nuclear materials and not Novocheck; the latter would make us a bit nervous down Salisbury way!

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Giant red squirrel goes at it with giant grey squirrel 

TotalRL Films presents... 

Look out Hollywood! A bunch of Northerners, and some Southerners, are coming to grab your Oscars! 😀 

Just now, Wiltshire Rhino said:

...coming to grab your Oscars! 😀 

Oops! That could be misinterpreted with the current #MeToo movement 

7 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

TotalRL Films presents... 

Look out Hollywood! A bunch of Northerners, and some Southerners, are coming to grab your Oscars! 😀 

I’d like to thank my family , agent , stylist , God , Mr Attenborough ... 

• Like 1

...and everyone who owes knows me.

11 minutes ago, JohnM said:

...and everyone who owes knows me.

I have nothing prepared as I didn’t expect to win ... just wait till I get this speech out 

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Don't forget to thank the RFL. Always got to be a little bit controversial in a speech. 

"and I'd also like to thank BARLA for their difficult decision to support the grey squirrel in opposition to the RFL's red squirrel in the interests of them playing the devil's advocate.  It's due to their thankless devotion to taking difficult and unpopular decisions that we have such unity in our squirrel appreciation across England."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckn said:

"and I'd also like to thank BARLA for their difficult decision to support the grey squirrel in opposition to the RFL's red squirrel in the interests of them playing the devil's advocate.  It's due to their thankless devotion to taking difficult and unpopular decisions that we have such unity in our squirrel appreciation across England."

I said a little bit controversial! 

Trust a moderator to take the thread too far 😉

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Haha 1