Sign in to follow this  
Manfred Mann

Gareth Widdop has dislocated his shoulder

Gareth Widdop dislocated his shoulder while playing for St George -Illawarra on Saturday night in Sydney. I am not sure if it is season ending. Scans will take place on Monday.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Gareth Widdop dislocated his shoulder while playing for St George -Illawarra on Saturday night in Sydney. I am not sure if it is season ending. Scans will take place on Monday.

Dislocated shoulders are rarely too serious. Hopefully wont effect him playing for England at the end of the year.

As usual with Gareth, he's gone completely off the boil over the second half of the year. He's not the only one at the dragons mind you, but he seems to struggle to keep it up over a full year. So this is a bonus for England - give him a break to mentally freshen up and he'll fire in the tests.

• Like 1

Wish him well but I'd like to see him miss the test purely to give someone else a shot at playing. Sneyd gale lomax Connor Williams. Any 2

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Wish him well but I'd like to see him miss the test purely to give someone else a shot at playing. Sneyd gale lomax Connor Williams. Any 2

It’s not school sports 

• Like 1

I hope Widdop is fit and firing for England in the Kiwi series as an English win will give us some very desirable media air time.

As for the Dragons, they do seem to have a habit of starting the season on fire and fading badly... their loss to the Eels this weekend was very sobering for a team with Grand Final asperations. 

36 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I hope Widdop is fit and firing for England in the Kiwi series as an English win will give us some very desirable media air time.

As for the Dragons, they do seem to have a habit of starting the season on fire and fading badly... their loss to the Eels this weekend was very sobering for a team with Grand Final asperations. 

Grand final fading dreams unfortunately . God knows why this keeps happening , Mary needs to sort it - even though he thought he had this year , sadly not

News on Gareth Widdop  -- he will be back in three to six weeks.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/14/kurt-mann-ready-to-fill-in-for-gareth-widdop-at-st-george-illawarra-dragons/

Not good news for St George-Illawarra, who will struggle for their place in the playoffs while he is absent, and he may not even be back before they are eliminated. (The club's coach may even lose his job if the team bows out of the playoffs early)

Good news for England, because Widdop will be back fit and ready for the international series.

11 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

News on Gareth Widdop  -- he will be back in three to six weeks.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/14/kurt-mann-ready-to-fill-in-for-gareth-widdop-at-st-george-illawarra-dragons/

Not good news for St George-Illawarra, who will struggle for their place in the playoffs while he is absent, and he may not even be back before they are eliminated. (The club's coach may even lose his job if the team bows out of the playoffs early)

Good news for England, because Widdop will be back fit and ready for the international series.

Basically he was the only one who had any creativity and was the man they rely on so it never rains but pours