Sign in to follow this  
hrtbps

Hock bought out of this contract?

12 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

You are not cutting much off the wage bill by giving him 30G severence contract money and then you will have to pay out contract money on a player to replace him he must be laughing his c-ck off.

It would be interesting to see how much he’s made from Fev, even per game ratio, bet it’s ridiculous, I said when we signed him that he would be a waste of money, oops.......

8 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

It would be interesting to see how much he’s made from Fev, even per game ratio, bet it’s ridiculous, I said when we signed him that he would be a waste of money, oops.......

When he got fit i thought he really gave value for money he was our best forward when Davies was carrying an injury.However  his discipline slipped and he was no good sitting in the stand.I am not against letting him go,but how much was he on.To pay him 30G and then we have to replace him with a forward not as good on at least 20G contract means to save money Gareths contract must have been 50G plus.All i can say is that i wouldn't let those who have  dished out some of the contracts run a Chaity Tombola Stall.Griffin i was told on 40G beggars belief.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

When he got fit i thought he really gave value for money he was our best forward when Davies was carrying an injury.However  his discipline slipped and he was no good sitting in the stand.I am not against letting him go,but how much was he on.To pay him 30G and then we have to replace him with a forward not as good on at least 20G contract means to save money Gareths contract must have been 50G plus.All i can say is that i wouldn't let those who have  dished out some of the contracts run a Chaity Tombola Stall.Griffin i was told on 40G beggars belief.

Have heard that Ridyard's on around £70k, so I imagine Hock's contract is/was in a similar region?

6 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

Have heard that Ridyard's on around £70k, so I imagine Hock's contract is/was in a similar region?

You would think so. Its not exactly rocket scienece. Fev will probably replace him with a forward on about 10k which are very easy to find at this level so Hock's contract will have cost them about 40k for the season putting those two together so I would think to make it worth their while he must have been on at least double that or you would cut another couple of your fringe forwards rather than get rid of one of your best.

Completely outrageous. How can such players at the end of their careers, command such figures. Panic buying and possessing a damned good agent. Laughing little apples. Put another fiver on the admission prices. Sick to death of the money that is washing about in every sport resulting in corruption, match fixing and betting scandals. What a situation.

4 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I too think he’s had some decent games, but the likes of Wheeldon, who has been solid all season, played 80 some games and of late in that heat, I said Hocks discipline would let him down and also his reputation, wouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole, but you live and learn.....it still comes down to one thing at the end of the day, we need a sugar daddy with money to burn and that’s the only way to get out of the Championship, unfortunately.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hrtbps said:

i dont think Ridyard on anywhere near that 

As I said on a previous thread, these 'I have heard this' or 'A bloke down the pub told me that' type of threads make me chuckle. I am prepared to see what OFFICIALLY is announced in due course and will see what transpires then. On a side issue though and working on the assumption that something like this may happen, I find it hard to believe that as a club these sort of things are allowed to happen in contract negotiations. Surely the club must put in some caveats concerning not reaching the top 4 into what they offer players in new contracts? It is a bit silly if the club potentially leave themselves out of pocket because they assumed/gambled on a top 4 finish to cover the contracts of players next season without any safeguards on the eventualities of failing to make the top 4?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

As I said on a previous thread, these 'I have heard this' or 'A bloke down the pub told me that' type of threads make me chuckle. I am prepared to see what OFFICIALLY is announced in due course and will see what transpires then. On a side issue though and working on the assumption that something like this may happen, I find it hard to believe that as a club these sort of things are allowed to happen in contract negotiations. Surely the club must put in some caveats concerning not reaching the top 4 into what they offer players in new contracts? It is a bit silly if the club potentially leave themselves out of pocket because they assumed/gambled on a top 4 finish to cover the contracts of players next season without any safeguards on the eventualities of failing to make the top 4?

Only caveats from a RFL approved list are allowed in players' contracts so if that clause isn't there you can't use it.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Only caveats from a RFL approved list are allowed in players' contracts so if that clause isn't there you can't use it.

Really? I never knew that! I thought as an employer you could stipulate the terms of a contract and as a potential employee it is down to you whether to accept those terms or not. 

33 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Really? I never knew that! I thought as an employer you could stipulate the terms of a contract and as a potential employee it is down to you whether to accept those terms or not. 

Being a member of The RFL (which all clubs are) involves following the Operational Rules. Not only does limiting what clauses can be included in a contract prevent some clubs gaining an advantage over others but makes sure there is consistency in the terms under which all players are contracted. I'm sure there will be similar rules for all pro sports.

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Being a member of The RFL (which all clubs are) involves following the Operational Rules. Not only does limiting what clauses can be included in a contract prevent some clubs gaining an advantage over others but makes sure there is consistency in the terms under which all players are contracted. I'm sure there will be similar rules for all pro sports.

So is there an exhaustive list of what inducements or otherwise can or cannot be included in a players contract? 

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

So is there an exhaustive list of what inducements or otherwise can or cannot be included in a players contract? 

Yes, but you need to be a member of the club to see it.

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, but you need to be a member of the club to see it.

So with the alleged Hock contract malarkey, if a club wants to terminate a players contract do they have to pay out the contract in full, or a percentage or a mutually agreed sum?

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

So with the alleged Hock contract malarkey, if a club wants to terminate a players contract do they have to pay out the contract in full, or a percentage or a mutually agreed sum?

I'd guess a mutually agreed sum would be in the best interests of both parties but if the player wanted to be awkward, which appears to be the case with some of Leigh's players, it could get messy - the Darrell Griffin saga being a not too dissimilar situation.

I bet we all feel sorry for the players' agents. They might have to take their kids out of private schools if this cutting of wages goes on!

We had players on  circa £150k in this division, they don't come cheap from the NRL and certainly didn't like the cold snap we started the season in - as our start shows

On 8/12/2018 at 4:43 PM, hrtbps said:

Heard from a source that the club have paid £30k to buy Hock out of his contract for next season.

Have also heard from the same source that Jay Duffy will be / has been relieved of his coaching duties for next season.

Called it. 

• Like 1