re,toronto

roughyed1064

Toronto are trying to say people have put hurdles in front of them to get in the super duper league, bless um , they aint got a clue whats going on in lower leagues they have been fast tracked up to super duper league no doubt about that. that brian noble one arrogant sod as well for them.

18 minutes ago, roughyed1064 said:

Toronto are trying to say people have put hurdles in front of them to get in the super duper league, bless um , they aint got a clue whats going on in lower leagues they have been fast tracked up to super duper league no doubt about that. that brian noble one arrogant sod as well for them.

Can't stand the fella, he always inherited team's 

When a billionaire turns up to fund us, I will look for the protests against it...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

See most fans think money that "should" go to us goes to Toronto...or Toulouse....or Catalan....

It's not true...they pay their own way....

Toronto are getting 7,000 attendances,let's say half of them are actually paying...gate money from 3,500 plus sponsorships,is more than enough to fund a majority full time side and push for promotion from the championship...even without a wealthy backer...and without central funding!

SL clubs are worried that if they let Toronto into SL they'll bring no away fans....instead of worrying about away fans put on match day promotions!,bring a friend,half priced tickets,free under 16s......instead of whinging be proactive!

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

11 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

They are well funded then...not fast tracked!

Oldham fans... so used to underfunding and low ambition that they now think that funding and ambition are 'cheating' or 'fast tracking'.

Halifax aren't an expansion team, they don't receive preferential scheduling and aren't backed by a billionaire. They've been an established Champiinship side for a good while now and they have been averagjng attendances of 1000 and are in the middle 8s... which will mean great gates and extra tv cash.

Halifax, Featherstone, Dewsbury and Batley have all managed regular finishes in the top half of the championship over recent years, even with clubs like Bradford, London and expansion teams in the division. 

There is no reason at all why an Oldham club could/should not match that status.

On 13 August 2018 at 1:34 PM, clifford said:

Ambitious leader/s at the helm is needed whether that is supporter trust led or if Chris takes a back seat new vision is required. 

Just think about that for a minute who in their right mind would buy a club with 400 fans? Without Chris we'd be in a right mess

I'll reiterate what I have said before, when the phoenix rose the supporter base was 2-3000, so over the past 20 years the attendance has dropped to 400.

Take Dave out of the picture, for a moment

In 2015, when we won the league what official social media presence was there, none. 

Dave comes following the "meetings" more to do with good luck than anything and he has improved the on line stuff no end. Imagine what a club like Leeds would pay someone dave, a small fortune. 

Do I see posters in the town no

Do I see them anywhere no

Do I see game day as an event no

Do I see face painting for the kids no

Do I see hundreds of kids coming to the games no

Do I see half time games or crossbar challenges no

What I'm saying, is that the whole thing has become stale and is on its knees. 

A professional club cannot and will not survive or succeed on 400 people and at least 50% of them will be season ticket holders and 80%are over 60 at a guess so the fan base is reducing year on year in any event 

My advice is build with the kids interact in Oldham on a face to face basis

2 hours ago, clifford said:

I'll reiterate what I have said before, when the phoenix rose the supporter base was 2-3000, so over the past 20 years the attendance has dropped to 400.

Take Dave out of the picture, for a moment

In 2015, when we won the league what official social media presence was there, none. 

Dave comes following the "meetings" more to do with good luck than anything and he has improved the on line stuff no end. Imagine what a club like Leeds would pay someone dave, a small fortune. 

Do I see posters in the town no

Do I see them anywhere no

Do I see game day as an event no

Do I see face painting for the kids no

Do I see hundreds of kids coming to the games no

Do I see half time games or crossbar challenges no

What I'm saying, is that the whole thing has become stale and is on its knees. 

A professional club cannot and will not survive or succeed on 400 people and at least 50% of them will be season ticket holders and 80%are over 60 at a guess so the fan base is reducing year on year in any event 

My advice is build with the kids interact in Oldham on a face to face basis

It's been said before, until CH goes we will endure the same p1$$ poor club management causing the club to fall to new lower depths every season.

Archived