Sign in to follow this  
Man of Kent

McLelland to return from the other lot

Recommended Posts

Ex-Cas Academy stand-off Callum McLelland is coming back to the superior code and has signed for Leeds from Edinburgh according to Nosey Parker and LE.

Good news....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This lad was virtually a dead cert for Scotland caps, so quite a coup in my humble opinion.

Edited by Man of Kent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

This lad was virtually a dead cert for Scotland caps, so quite a coup in my humble opinion.

He'll be able to get caps for the Scotland RL team instead now. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Man of Kent said:

England, sir, England. 

You mean to say that he was just being opportunistic by representing Scotland at RU, as opposed to having some sincere desire to play for them because of his Ayr-born grandfather? Unbelievable. ;)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was the England RL academy half back wasn’t he? 

Good for him - welcome back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kris said:

He was the England RL academy half back wasn’t he? 

Good for him - welcome back.

And captain, yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

You mean to say that he was just being opportunistic by representing Scotland at RU, as opposed to having some sincere desire to play for them because of his Ayr-born grandfather? Unbelievable. ;)

Wash your mouth out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

This lad was virtually a dead cert for Scotland caps, so quite a coup in my humble opinion.

Dead cert? He looks a bit small. Fair doo's to him though...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Ex-Cas Academy stand-off Callum McLelland is coming back to the superior code and has signed for Leeds from Edinburgh according to Nosey Parker and LE.

Good news....

 

Nothing on the Leeds site yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Nothing on the Leeds site yet

That wouldn't surprise me we haven't officially announced Moon leaving yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see if he is available to play for England Academy later this year against the touring Australian Schoolboys, that will be a fantastic series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's certainly good to see him back in rugby but he has a long way to go to reach his potential, and may never do so. The game is littered with great prospects at this age, who never kick on. He had already slipped down the pecking order at Cas before he left for union. I haven't seen a lot of the lad to judge but his game is based around a strong running game. I'm not sure he has enough other attributes to make a top half as yet, which is why Trueman usurped him in the Cas team.

I hope he goes well, but I remember have big hopes for Elliot Minchella at Leeds and sadly he's faded to obscurity of the lower leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Ex-Cas Academy stand-off Callum McLelland is coming back to the superior code and has signed for Leeds from Edinburgh according to Nosey Parker and LE.

Good news....

 

He must have heard about Wane's impending switch so bailed out fast.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

That wouldn't surprise me we haven't officially announced Moon leaving yet.

TBF, I think Rupert Moon is probably too old even for Leeds nowadays.

 

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DoubleD said:

It's certainly good to see him back in rugby but he has a long way to go to reach his potential, and may never do so. The game is littered with great prospects at this age, who never kick on. He had already slipped down the pecking order at Cas before he left for union. I haven't seen a lot of the lad to judge but his game is based around a strong running game. I'm not sure he has enough other attributes to make a top half as yet, which is why Trueman usurped him in the Cas team.

I hope he goes well, but I remember have big hopes for Elliot Minchella at Leeds and sadly he's faded to obscurity of the lower leagues

Not sure how Minchella is going for the Bulls this year, but i really hope he can fulfill all the potential he showed when he was younger, and he still young enough to reach it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed by Leeds this morning, including the payment of a transfer fee.

Signed too late to play this season; has he been playing up until the last week or so or did negotiations just take too long to get ahead of the deadline? He could have been useful to at least give a run out to this year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to recall (perhaps incorrectly) that when he left he or his agent pretty much made out that rugby league was on its deathbed and he could achieve more etc. in the other code? I wonder what changed?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Not sure how Minchella is going for the Bulls this year, but i really hope he can fulfill all the potential he showed when he was younger, and he still young enough to reach it.

I hope so too but think he needs his head switched on to do so. He had a lot of potential but has been slipping down the leagues. Not sure if he’s full time with the Bulls. He’s definitely still young enough to make it as you say

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jarv said:

I seem to recall (perhaps incorrectly) that when he left he or his agent pretty much made out that rugby league was on its deathbed and he could achieve more etc. in the other code? I wonder what changed?

 

 

He realised union is sh!t and full of embellishment. You can’t polish a ###### 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jarv said:

I seem to recall (perhaps incorrectly) that when he left he or his agent pretty much made out that rugby league was on its deathbed and he could achieve more etc. in the other code? I wonder what changed?

 

 

According to this article, Edinburgh have signed New Zealand fly half Simon Hickey who will "do battle for the Edinburgh fly-half jersey with Argentinean Juan Pablo Socino and two South Africans, Jaco van der Walt and young academy prospect Jason Baggott".  After that list Mclelland is mentioned.

https://www.scotsman.com/rugby-union-2-14915/simon-hickey-stands-at-the-ready-for-edinburgh-1-4782499

This reads as though he was 5th in line for the number 10 shirt at Edinburgh.

Anyway, whatever the reason, it is always good to have Rugby League talent back in the game.

Edited by Dunbar
Spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fantastic news. It's always great to see talented players staying or coming back to Rugby League.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be interested to know his reasons for returning to RL after such a relatively short time. It's not as though he was in RU for two or three years before returning. He's only been there since November 2017. Very strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

I'd be interested to know his reasons for returning to RL after such a relatively short time. It's not as though he was in RU for two or three years before returning. He's only been there since November 2017. Very strange.

Played in the under 20's union world cup, apparently not enjoying union nor been away from his girlfriend.  Hence move back to League and Yorkshire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now

Rugby League World - Christmas Offer

League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Dec 2018