Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

Who's in the most trouble after week 1?

Of the 4 teams that lost their opening games in the qualifiers, who should be most worried about Super League status in 2019?  

115 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Of the 4 teams that lost their opening games in the qualifiers, who should be most worried about Super League status in 2019?

• Widnes
    • Hull KR
    • Toulouse
    • Halifax

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/2018 at 12:47 PM

Personally I'm torn between KR and Widnes. Both have lost a home game, both have lost to 'weaker' opposition, and both have to travel to Toulouse and Toronto.

This adds massive pressure onto the KR v Toronto game next week for both sides. Toronto will be pushing hard for a home win and defeat could take Hull KR's attempts to avoid the million pound game out of their own hands. Although KR could recover and in terms of Toronto before the qualifiers they probably saw this as the home game they were most likely to lose.

It depends what you mean by most trouble. I still see Halifax as the least likely to be in the Super League after the 8's but that was expected to be the case anyway. Worst result of the week would either have to be Widnes or KR.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fevtom said:

It depends what you mean by most trouble. I still see Halifax as the least likely to be in the Super League after the 8's but that was expected to be the case anyway. Worst result of the week would either have to be Widnes or KR.

I agree I put Halifax in there for balance but lets be real they aren't going for SL realistically.

12 minutes ago, fevtom said:

If Widnes and KR lose this week they are both in deep trouble, but i think Widnes are doomed anyway. That for them was a huge loss to London and will mentally scar them.

After that result i can't see Widnes being able to avoid the MPG, so them. London will be buzzing after that result and with a shabby looking Leeds visiting them next they could really add themselves to the fight for the top 4/5 with a win which not many would have predicted before Thursday. could be really tight this year going down to the last set of fixtures.

Just now, The Future is League said:

If Widnes and KR lose this week they are both in deep trouble, but i think Widnes are doomed anyway. That for them was a huge loss to London and will mentally scar them.

Definitely. Two huge 4 point games on Saturday, either Salford and Toronto put some daylight between or they draw back right into the mix.

• Like 1

Don’t know why sky are showing Wakefield and Saints when they could show Halifax or London games 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, SilentAssassin said:

After that result i can't see Widnes being able to avoid the MPG, so them. London will be buzzing after that result and with a shabby looking Leeds visiting them next they could really add themselves to the fight for the top 4/5 with a win which not many would have predicted before Thursday. could be really tight this year going down to the last set of fixtures.

No disrespect but I don’t think Widnes will make 5th place, can’t see them beating one of the SL sides and I think they will lose to Toronto.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Definitely. Two huge 4 point games on Saturday, either Salford and Toronto put some daylight between or they draw back right into the mix.

Really can't see the Red Devils losing to Widnes as I'm sure they wouldn't want to get into the dog fight they got involved in 2 years ago, and again i think Leeds will really go for the jugular against London.

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Don’t know why sky are showing Wakefield and Saints when they could show Halifax or London games 

SKY should devote the rest of the next 6 weeks to the middle 8's, the S8's are done and dusted until the play off semis, the top four are treading water from here hoping not to pick up key injuries and the other four are either on the beach or in the case of Le Cats getting ready for Wembley. it's a sad sad situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

No disrespect but I don’t think Widnes will make 5th place, can’t see them beating one of the SL sides and I think they will lose to Toronto.

i agree, 4/5 is their best case scenario.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I can understand them them not showing the London v Leeds game as i think Leeds will hammer London. Toulouse v Halifax could be fireworks and certainly entertaining

• Like 1

I don't think Widnes will make MPG, personally I could see them only winning one game, that being against Halifax. Only one round in so doesn't really mean a massive amount but I will say Salford v London in MPG. 

This is a stupid question since one of the teams not listed above, that finishes 4th in the qualifiers, still has to go on to play for this Mickey Mouse million pound game. So simply putting one of these 4 in the crosshairs is way off beam. They, the 5th team, can still get lucky.

'Million pound' is of course a sick joke. Go ask Leigh.

• Confused 1

Voted KR because of the upset.  No doubt salford out played them, but it could be a slippery slope after that game.  Morale might be down, with other teams looking for blood! 

Wins for Toronto, Salford, Leeds and Toulouse this week IMO.

Widnes and Hull KR in a bit of bother if they do lose; table will look like:

1. Leeds - 4pts 2. Salford - 4pts 3. Toronto - 4pts 4. London - 2pts 5. Toulouse -2pts 6. Widnes - 0pts 7. Halifax - 0pts 8. Hull KR - 0pts

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

This is a stupid question since one of the teams not listed above, that finishes 4th in the qualifiers, still has to go on to play for this Mickey Mouse million pound game. So simply putting one of these 4 in the crosshairs is way off beam. They, the 5th team, can still get lucky.

I don't think its pointless as at least 2 of the above teams would be aiming to avoid the MPG. Both have had those plans scuppered significantly.

For example Widnes have lost to a major rival who arguably won't be their biggest challenge in the following 2 months. Hull KR on the other hand were dead certs to finish in the top 3 even top 2 according to most. To say them losing to Salford has thrown this wide open would be a massive understatement. Perhaps KR were punished for underestimating Salford, and will now have to bounce back away in Toronto!

Widnes clearly.  I am expecting Toronto to do well in the qualifiers.  I thought Salford would have difficulties but after the result on Friday Hull KR seem to have potential difficulties too.

I’m sure there will be a few twists and turns to come.

Can't vote on this. TO and Fax aren't in any trouble as they have no need to be in SL next season. Although their game is effectively a knockout.

For KR and Widnes, they will be in trouble if they lose again next week.

Win and they'll have 2 points like their opponents.

I do think we were lucky with our fixture list as we do have what is on paper a favourable run in after the Leeds game. We play London, Halifax and Toulouse and then we finish against Widnes who may well be already done for by then. Beat Toronto or Leeds and then if we do as expected after that we will finish on 10 points which should be enough for a top three place.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Did you not understand the question?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Can you share your thoughts about Toronto?

I think you might be Parky in a new frocK 

I've gone for Widnes.  Clearly Rovers results was not in their script but it was against current SL opposition. I fear that Widnes won't even make the 4/5th play off game.